Dragon slayers V House Henson

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Re: Dragon slayers V House Henson

Post by jackthelad »

Tender wrote:Big Cube won't get many better gifts than the early Birthday prezzie thon dreadlocked Mercan presented him on Friday. If he did Threaten Paloma, her record company should tighten her security.
It was surprising to see Stockdale and others being absolutely burned by Timoney who showed remarkable pace in tracking the Dragons' winger for their last try. What pace for a big lad.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave every tackle should be made shoulder first, arms second . If you try to tackle arms first you are going to push off every time.

Watch the replay Ray hits with shoulder and pushs with his armsthe distance the player travelled was due to the push.It was late but not as dangerous as the referee or you think it was if at all.

The resistance to the hit was the players weight there was no added resistance which makes the it totally different to hitting a player in the back when he is part of a ruck or lying on the ground.

Think of a car being hitin the back without the brake on; and the car being hit in the back with the brake on and in a queue of traffic. The effect is totally different. ( And so is the cost )
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jackthelad wrote:
Tender wrote:Big Cube won't get many better gifts than the early Birthday prezzie thon dreadlocked Mercan presented him on Friday. If he did Threaten Paloma, her record company should tighten her security.
It was surprising to see Stockdale and others being absolutely burned by Timoney who showed remarkable pace in tracking the Dragons' winger for their last try. What pace for a big lad.
Not surprised at all as he is an Irish 7's player
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Dave every tackle should be made shoulder first, arms second . If you try to tackle arms first you are going to push off every time.

Watch the replay Ray hits with shoulder and pushs with his armsthe distance the player travelled was due to the push.It was late but not as dangerous as the referee or you think it was if at all.

The resistance to the hit was the players weight there was no added resistance which makes the it totally different to hitting a player in the back when he is part of a ruck or lying on the ground.

Think of a car being hitin the back without the brake on; and the car being hit in the back with the brake on and in a queue of traffic. The effect is totally different. ( And so is the cost )
Rum, I was just pointing out the offence declared by the ref.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
jackthelad wrote:
One of Sopers too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
jackthelad wrote:
One of Sopers too

Is he not originally Mexican ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Doesn't matter where he's from when you're buying them all up.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Doesn't matter where he's from when you're buying them all up.
They will soon learn it is a way to get players but not necessarily a team.
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave
I know what the Ref said the fact is what the ref said is not an offence is the point I'm making .

Dangerous play is but the fact is it wasn't dangerous or anymore dangerous than many other impacts make to a players back during a game .

The only offence was a late tackle in a game were the game was restarted after 80 minutes on the clock and the offence happen on 80 minutes and 40 + seconds and the referee failed to blow the offence at the time it occurred .

The final whistle should have been blown after the conversation .

The referee was not as good as many of the posters think and quickly blew on what at best was a marginally forward pass several seconds later similarly he over ruled the TMO ( correctly mind you in my opinion ) when it suited the Welsh after Stockdale touched down .

Question if Ulster had scored and converted on 80 minutes would the game have been restarted ?

Personally I doubt it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ok
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:A little bird told me that after his first training session Christiano said to the squad something along the lines of: "Jeez lads you guys are taking this as a matter of life and death, you need to lighten up and enjoy the game". I believe we are seeing guys doing things that they may have feared to do previously, perhaps Peel & Leali'ifano are getting through.
Well, sure was the word back last year that even if a player did the right thing given what was in front of him on the pitch, he'd get a bollocking from our other esteemed coach (not napoleon) for not doing exactly as instructed in training?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
jackthelad wrote:
He is indeed, but a well-made point Jack, when watching the highlights I was amazed to discover that it was Timoney who was quick enough to keep the scorer wide, not that it mattered on Friday, but another time that might save a game.

His second try was a thing of beauty too, he was running straight at me behind the posts, he cut them like a world-class centre would. Biy done good.

It occurred to me when watching, we often say boyos won't cross the border but there were 2 Mexicans & a Turnip in the starting pack, 3 Saffers, Chad & Diddies. Who says multiculturalism can't thrive in Belfast?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Reminds of me David Wallace. Brother of Paddy.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Was quietly impressed by Timoney. Looked a good all rounder, with bags of pace and the attitude of someone who wants to go places.

His frame will carry a good few more kgs which he'll need but could be a promising player.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
jackthelad wrote:
He is indeed, but a well-made point Jack, when watching the highlights I was amazed to discover that it was Timoney who was quick enough to keep the scorer wide, not that it mattered on Friday, but another time that might save a game.

His second try was a thing of beauty too, he was running straight at me behind the posts, he cut them like a world-class centre would. Biy done good.

It occurred to me when watching, we often say boyos won't cross the border but there were 2 Mexicans & a Turnip in the starting pack, 3 Saffers, Chad & Diddies. Who says multiculturalism can't thrive in Belfast?
Dave wrote:Reminds of me David Wallace. Brother of Paddy.
Imagine BoD did that
Would be on the highlight reels for centuries