Ulster v Scarlets 15/9/2017

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rem99
Initiate

Re: Ulster v Scarlets 15/9/2017

Post by Rem99 »

Dave wrote:Gusher out
After identifying HWM as a disappointed Scarlett supporter!! :shock:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rem99 wrote:
Dave wrote:Gusher out
After identifying HWM as a disappointed Scarlett supporter!! :shock:
He had a leek (or was that a leak :lol: ).

That was a highlight. Gusher was so bad he was good on Friday. Think about the muppet we'll inevitably get when he goes.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Worth a look at the stats for Friday night, amongst the most intriguing, we conceded 6 penalties having conceded 3 in the first 6 minutes. Did someone have a word? 3 in 74 minutes was excellent.

Looking at the stats we murdered them on territory & possession, that too tells a tale, for they were much better on turnovers and they missed 1 tackle in 10 whereas we missed one in 5.

Looking where their tries came from, the review time will not be comfortable for a couple of players on Monday.

However, as I more often than not say, read about it in the Ulster, stats are for nerds ...........and statisticians.

Ralphie is becoming classic prop shaped rather than a puppy fat laden yute, still going hard after 80 minutes. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: He is looking the pick of the loosies by a distance if he can stay fit, so if Hond is any better we're on a winner. :thumleft:

I too like the look of John Andrew, wouldn't mind seeing more of him, to be honest, but one way or another, when not on crutches we have three very mobile hookers.

Now if only the Dragons weren't such a great team, we might be off to a flier. >EW

I'd like to see what the crowd size would be like if Kiss said this week, "The Dragons are cannon fodder, come along and see a try bonus point win", just saying like. :lol:
Attachments
diddies.jpg
diddies.jpg (53.75 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

as for Halfpenny being referred some of those that use this board..

I have met him a couple of times including later that evening after the match.. he has nothing but time to talk and seems a very genuine bloke who has likely achieved more than this board put together.. the fact that he wanted a big pay day for what was likely his final contract is something I don't begrudge him.. it isn't coming from my pocket and he will be a long time retired.

btw... not one shy to call a wnaker a wnaker now BOD that is another matter.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Fcuk the waankpennies
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:as for Halfpenny being referred some of those that use this board..

I have met him a couple of times including later that evening after the match.. he has nothing but time to talk and seems a very genuine bloke who has likely achieved more than this board put together.. the fact that he wanted a big pay day for what was likely his final contract is something I don't begrudge him.. it isn't coming from my pocket and he will be a long time retired.

btw... not one shy to call a wnaker a wnaker now BOD that is another matter.
BOD is the wnak standard.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Love him or loathe him, BOD stayed with his province throughout his career. How many seasons did waankpenny have with Toulon? But needs one final payday. God love him. Bath reportedly pulled out of negotiations because of his wage demands were too high. Bath.

WRU are paying 60% of his wages and the rest by the Scarlets. I'm sure it's not cheap. He's needs that one last payout though.

BOD, not our kind of guy up here, we prefer our Diacks. On the field BOD was certainly my kind of player, waankpenny not so much. For the record I don't like BOD the person.

Achievements, hmm... maybe everyone on the board could list theirs we could make a judgement. Might be some doctors, nurses, cops, firemen serving the nation, I really don't know. A fair few eating their way through life and maybe some voluntary/charity work on the side ( not to eat ). Some lads haven't missed a game on tv in about five years. Kicking some pigskin through a set of uprights.. not my kind of achievement.

O'Dickscoll out
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Was Ludik badly injured? One of my favourite players and very under-rated.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

That thump on Lily is sure to have damaged something. Mad Louie was hurt, Tredders was limping, Luke busted his shoulder and GLU was shyte. So we may see a few new faces next week.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cross put in other good cameo
Gibbes has had a word

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Cockatrice take no notice of Dave
The poor lad some believe is "a wee guy trying to be big " -- big boys use bad language - I use bad language therefore I am a big boy "

Or his English teacher neglected to cover adjectives and adverbs because the only ones he knows have a four letter base "

He reminds of man who was able to speak 5 languages but could only curse in each .

Others say he has a comprised gene pool .

Which applies I don't know but he deserves a fools pardon !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I'm going to leave the trash talk alone, as it interests me not ...

However there is something monumentally perverted in the universe when you get pulled by Rum on the brutalisation of the English language.

That cheered me up that did.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Cornerboy that what I write may not be the bestest grammar in the world but it is not a overdose of bad language neither is it full of "done " and "dung "

You will find little criticism of Players ( IH was an exception ) and even then I tried to find some redeeming feature in his game ( his speed and kicking ) and recognised that a lot of the weakness in his game came from the fact he was left handed, and small playing against players about six stone heavier ( that take guts ),
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Paragraph 1 line 1 of my post Rummy ... I'm not interested in the trash talk ... neither a justification or apologist agenda.

Congrats on not using bad language - I give you that ... mind blaming being left handed as a reason for being poor ... what the actual mate ... Dan Carter and Johnny Wilkinson were clutey ... Oooops.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Setanta wrote:Was Ludik badly injured? One of my favourite players and very under-rated.
I don't think so Santa, after the game he did a lap of the pitch, climbing over barriers and glad-handing everyone who wanted a piece of him.

As reported at the weekend, he even got a man-hug from me, the first I have given an Ulster player since 30/1/99 when the departed Allen Clarke and I shared one on the turf at Lansdowne Road. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Louis was limping and I'd assume unless totally minor he will take a rest this week but my guess would be nothing too bad. Great player great chap. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.