Benetton Rugby Vs Ulster 09/09/17 @ 17.05 BBC2NI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Benetton Rugby Vs Ulster 09/09/17 @ 17.05 BBC2NI

Post by Rooster »

Our new 10 also was in the top end of tackle counts, perhaps he was covering for others and hadn't time to play his own game.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Andrew Trimble saying in his BBC interview that Treviso is a tough place to go. :lol: :lol:

NOT FOR GOOD TEAMS ANDREW. Teams with aspirations of winning things go to Treviso and take them up the wrong'un. >#

I am frustrated.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cornerfleg wrote:What sticks out to me as really embarrassing ... we field a side with 5 local lads in it ... coached by foreigners and lead by a foreigner ... and we were shyte, pure shyte - could you begin to contemplate the magnitude of the inept shyteness had we fielded 15 locals coached by a local and lead by a local ... they haven't built a shyteometer capable of measuring the dross we can churn out from our own beds here.

Our absolute inability to produce half decent players coaches and DORs is strikingly embarrassing ... if it wasn't for these morons, clowns, imports and journeymen we'd be left with nothing to gurn about only our sorry selves.
fleg.. I agree we can pump out shyte better than most whether on the pitch or from the mouth of our current CEO or DoR. We have of course produced the best DoR in European Rugby based on being back to back champions.

Dhump we may disagree on but for me he must surely have seen the writing on the wall with the Ozzie and the shyte that was coming from D4 to have got off the Titanic before it went down with the rest of us still clinging on...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

thecrouch wrote:Andrew Trimble saying in his BBC interview that Treviso is a tough place to go. :lol: :lol:

NOT FOR GOOD TEAMS ANDREW. Teams with aspirations of winning things go to Treviso and take them up the wrong'un. >#

I am frustrated.
Well you say that, but Scarlets didn't get a TBP last year and Connacht actually lost the year they took the trophy.

More accurately though, it is tough place to get on the TV (save for a couple of fleeting glimpses) due to the cameras being largely fixed on the cheap seats across the way.

The Admiral warmed up for his match saving touch finder by taking an Italian's sunnies clean off the end of his snout on the full before the game.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think it will take a few games for Jono to diagnose the issues with the pack and then fix them. We will be brill by November.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Just in time to be out of everything.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Dave wrote:I think it will take a few games for Jono to diagnose the issues with the pack and then fix them. We will be brill by November.
How do you propose he fixes the problem with our pack?

Once we can't play our first choice 8 we are soft. Like a snake with it's soft underbelly. Going to be hard to fix that mid season.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Last year when Marcel made his mandatory 50 minute appearance you could see the rest of the pack go ... "Ah so this is what we are supposed to do" and there was a genuine upturn in their attitude for a while until the Marcel effect wore off.

I actually think Kabaddi Diack has the opposite effect on our pack ... while he's on, running up to people is the default setting and the other lemmings follow.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

thecrouch wrote:
Dave wrote:I think it will take a few games for Jono to diagnose the issues with the pack and then fix them. We will be brill by November.

Once we can't play our first choice 8 we are soft. Like a snake with it's soft underbelly. Going to be hard to fix that mid season.
If I knew that I'd be a quality forwards coach.

Any team would struggle without their first choice pack. Without the internationals we would have a pack of:

Hond Herring Herbst (McCall/Warwick/Andrew/Kane/Simpson)
Treadwell AOC (Browne)
Reidy Chad Deysel (Clive/Rea/Timoney)

Leaving out dave Diack and Ray, also Marcell because he's an injury nightmare.

Now I'm not saying that's a world beating unit but...we can do an awful lot better than Saturday. If that group of players played to their potential you can't ask much more. If they play as a unit, we wouldn't see such a disjointed clusterfcuk of a performance like we have witnessed.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Treatment usually takes longer than diagnosis.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:
thecrouch wrote:

If I knew that I'd be a quality forwards coach.

Any team would struggle without their first choice pack. Without the internationals we would have a pack of:

Hond Herring Herbst (McCall/Warwick/Andrew/Kane/Simpson)
Treadwell AOC (Browne)
Reidy Chad Deysel (Clive/Rea/Timoney)

Leaving out dave Diack and Ray, also Marcell because he's an injury nightmare.

Now I'm not saying that's a world beating unit but...we can do an awful lot better than Saturday. If that group of players played to their potential you can't ask much more. If they play as a unit, we wouldn't see such a disjointed clusterfcuk of a performance like we have witnessed.
So wot yer sayin' is we don't need a quality forwards coach, we just need to get our best players out on the park all at the same time?

Is that not the supa-dupa stratagem?

(except that we've usually broken one or two by the time that comes into play)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

How much improvement can a coach make to a players capabilities? Even if Jonno can add 20% to each member of the pack (pushing it), we are still going to have periods of the season when we will have to rely on 3-4 daves. Take Rory, Hendo and marcell out our pack is below average pro14 standard.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Nothing wrong that a few more hours on a pitch and less hours in the gym wouldn't cure.

1 forget flat backlines learn to run straight and take the ball at pace running fro deep . Taking the ball close to the opposition standing still is a recipe for going backwards when facing the two man defensive tackle ( or penalties for failure to release the ball

Cooney needs to practice day in day out - short accurate box kicks .

Historically Italian teams are renowned for playing keep ball you give them possession at your peril This makes them dangerous at home because they frustrate sides and wait for the mistake .
Away from home they tend to time waste ( more ) taking the pace out of a game with real or not so real injuries requiring on field attention for as long as the ref allows .

Thereby ruining the concentration of their opposition this ensures a higher number of handling errors and the oppositions game descends to a similar level of incompetence.

This is exactly what happen on Saturday Ulster started well a couple of early trys and then the standard of Ulster game got worse as the game went on .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

jean valjean wrote:How much improvement can a coach make to a players capabilities? Even if Jonno can add 20% to each member of the pack (pushing it), we are still going to have periods of the season when we will have to rely on 3-4 daves. Take Rory, Hendo and marcell out our pack is below average pro14 standard.

Players are capable of playing better rugby. They just need to be given the opportunity.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
jean valjean wrote:How much improvement can a coach make to a players capabilities? Even if Jonno can add 20% to each member of the pack (pushing it), we are still going to have periods of the season when we will have to rely on 3-4 daves. Take Rory, Hendo and marcell out our pack is below average pro14 standard.

Players are capable of playing better rugby. They just need to be given the opportunity.
Sometimes I wonder what sort of game plan the players would come up with if they sat down together and worked it out themselves, couldn't be any worse than last week's or could it ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best