In fairness to Less Kiss .....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: In fairness to Less Kiss .....

Post by Rooster »

Nope Kiss still a horlix, 3 score needed to catch us and he gave Cave and Andrew 10 mins and Shanaghan 5 needs to use bench more
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Let's not forget Northampton thrashed us last week

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

It was a friendly so I had forgotten.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:It was a friendly so I had forgotten.
Ive just watched a clueless northampton

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Im watching a tom kite Dragons side.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Russ wrote:
bazzaj wrote:It was a friendly so I had forgotten.
Ive just watched a clueless northampton

Exactly my point.

Kings are Cheetahs in disguise and all.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I'm always happy to have Less Kiss. I'd be even happier if we had none at all.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cheetahs were shyte and now the Lions were shyte... so unless they are holding back or still warming up I wonder how long their union or their owners will allow them to be dumped 40-50 points each week... and wait until the Italians stat picking up BP wins from them.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sharks and kings want to join. It will be worth it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart you seem to be of the Clarke school of thought. Let me take you back to the debrief when Kiss replayed a lineout on VT and asked what was wrong with the lineout?

Clarke: Nothing, we won it.

Kiss: Anyone else?

Burt Backache: There are four things wrong with the lineout, the jump was mistimed, the throw was .......

Clarke: It doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is that we won the lineout.

So there you go Bart, You've gone with the Clarke recipe for success.

Last night, we rolled over a team we had every right to roll over, big fu'cking deal, I'll be surprised if Cheetahs win 3 away games all season but they will be tough at home. They have some tremendous ball skills and play a great brand of rugby if your only criteria are running & passing & everything else can take care of itself.

You must know that's bullshit not to look with a reasonably forensic eye on a performance and see what was good & what was not good enough. There were some encouraging signs, mainly the back row but some elsewhere also, then you have to take account of what the opposition had to offer. On the latter point, I believe that we could not have had a better opposition to start the season.

Nice to run in 6 tries, yes but that should not cover the deficiencies. Clarke was wrong of course, keep getting elements of your lineout wrong & you will lose more than you should. If you congratulate yourself and simply move on you will miss out on things you can learn from.

If we feel as good about ourselves after the Scaaaaaaaaaaalets game I will relax somewhat. We will need an entirely improved performance.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Bart you seem to be of the Clarke school of thought. Let me take you back to the debrief when Kiss replayed a lineout on VT and asked what was wrong with the lineout?

Clarke: Nothing, we won it.

Kiss: Anyone else?

Burt Backache: There are four things wrong with the lineout, the jump was mistimed, the throw was .......

Clarke: It doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is that we won the lineout.

So there you go Bart, You've gone with the Clarke recipe for success.

Last night, we rolled over a team we had every right to roll over, big fu'cking deal, I'll be surprised if Cheetahs win 3 away games all season but they will be tough at home. They have some tremendous ball skills and play a great brand of rugby if your only criteria are running & passing & everything else can take care of itself.

You must know that's bullshit not to look with a reasonably forensic eye on a performance and see what was good & what was not good enough. There were some encouraging signs, mainly the back row but some elsewhere also, then you have to take account of what the opposition had to offer. On the latter point, I believe that we could not have had a better opposition to start the season.

Nice to run in 6 tries, yes but that should not cover the deficiencies. Clarke was wrong of course, keep getting elements of your lineout wrong & you will lose more than you should. If you congratulate yourself and simply move on you will miss out on things you can learn from.

If we feel as good about ourselves after the Scaaaaaaaaaaalets game I will relax somewhat. We will need an entirely improved performance.

Err no. I said it was a 'decent performance' which is hardly the same as saying we won and that's all that matters. I highlighted the backrow, as you did and also said we may get some confidence from the win. Stating the obvious, i know.

We will need to be better against the Scarlets if we want to get anything out of that game.

Happier now? :thumleft:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I believe with a full team, Ulster will have a pack to match and better the Scarlets, and provided Ulster don't have to kick in to space but are able to kick the ball dead, out of defence then the Scarlet backs will be less effective without the ball in Broken play.
The Scarlet backs need the ball to be kicked to them to be able to come back at pace.

The pack being Treadwell Henderson and Fridays back row - mobile destructive force in defence and attack.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

rumncoke wrote: ... provided Ulster don't have to kick in to space but are able to kick the ball dead, out of defence ...
They will not be able to. Kiss won't allow it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:I believe with a full team, Ulster will have a pack to match and better the Scarlets, and provided Ulster don't have to kick in to space but are able to kick the ball dead, out of defence then the Scarlet backs will be less effective without the ball in Broken play.
The Scarlet backs need the ball to be kicked to them to be able to come back at pace.

The pack being Treadwell Henderson and Fridays back row - mobile destructive force in defence and attack.
Assume Rory is back too

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Think BBC said the Lions would be week 4/5. Hopefully they are wrong.