Ulster V Cheetahs - team

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cracker
Squire

Ulster V Cheetahs - team

Post by Cracker »

With the ridiculous IRFU policy regarding International players one which, incidentally, no other country seems to carry to such extremes it appears that Leinster who will be playing the two South African teams early in the season will have to travel to play both games without their Lions players. How will this benefit any player having had a more than two month lay off I don't know.
Applying this to Ulster it appears that we will be without Payne, Henderson and Best ( Lions ) for around four weeks and Treadwell Marshall and Reidy (Irish tour) for up to two weeks. We will then, with other circumstances, probably be without at least eight regulars. What a way to start a season against other clubs full strength teams. Ridiculous. Supporters pay to watch the best team that can be put out and we are being deprived of that for no good reason when you consider how limited the involvement of many of the above actually was.
Hope I am wrong but this seems to be the case. Can anyone enlighten me further?
Last edited by Cracker on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster V Cheetahs - team

Post by Dave »

LeIRFUnster don't give any fecks. They have dragons first. They have their little SA tour game 3/4. All lions back by then. These BS rules are designed to feck us up. Les is designed to feck us up.

FOLK
FIRFU
Naziführer=Hitler
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Will be round 4 or 5 I heard for Payne, Les said he was passed fit but think that was just for training
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Unless anyone has access to FOLK's lucky 8 ball, pointless speculating on a team.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

222toHounslow wrote:Unless anyone has access to FOLK's lucky 8 ball, pointless speculating on a team.
He won't even know before Friday
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Rooster wrote:Will be round 4 or 5 I heard for Payne, Les said he was passed fit but think that was just for training
Understandable I suppose but some of the others seem to be being rested merely because they flew to the States and to Japan 3 months ago. It's a joke.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote:
Understandable I suppose but some of the others seem to be being rested merely because they flew to the States and to Japan 3 months ago. It's a joke.
I'll have you know it was ONLY 2 months ago :banghead: :duck: :lol:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
justinr73 wrote:
I'll have you know it was ONLY 2 months ago :banghead: :duck: :lol:
Yip, still a joke though and a bad one we are well used to.

Remind me, Lions tour ended when? Then think of the Ulster Lions, when did they last play, 10 days before the end of the tour I suspect. You see the further you delve the less funny it gets.

27th June is when our lions last played, a full two months ago. Bullshite of the first water.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Aye Baggy, but don't forget it's a heck of a long flight to and from NZ. Need at least 3 months rest after that...or so it seems :scratch:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Then you have to take into account the Lions also play for team FIRFU which means they need another week or 2 off so we will probably see them the week before the first SDC round to get them match fit for the November Internationals
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ok I'll have a go:

McCall
Herring
Herbst
AOC
Browne
Deysel
Chad
Coetzee
Cooney
Leali'ifano
Charlie
McCloskey
Patterson (Cave if face is fit)
Trimble
Ludik
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Ok I'll have a go:

McCall
Herring
Herbst
AOC
Browne
Deysel
Chad
Coetzee
Cooney
Leali'ifano
Charlie
McCloskey
Trimble
Ludik
Similar thoughts Dave except the speccy beardy will probably swap Charlie and Lulu
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:

McCall
Herring
Herbst
AOC
Browne
Deysel
Chad
Coetzee
Cooney
Leali'ifano
Charlie
McCloskey
Trimble
Ludik
Similar thoughts Dave except the speccy beardy will probably swap Charlie and Lulu
Probably Diack in the second row, black at loosehead, p at 9 too etc...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:

McCall
Herring
Herbst
AOC
Browne
Deysel
Chad
Coetzee
Cooney
Leali'ifano
Charlie
McCloskey
Trimble
Ludik
Probably Diack in the second row, black at loosehead, p at 9 too etc...
Who knows, sure he even brought at least 7 players who were on the bench last week but didn't play, the man is nuts.
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:Who knows, sure he even brought at least 7 players who were on the bench last week but didn't play, the man is nuts.
Wonder what Jonno is really thinking