Ticket prices

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

twiglet
Initiate

Ticket prices

Post by twiglet »

I would like to know what the supporters think of ticket prices at Ravers.

I think Ulster Rugby is just getting too greedy.

The cheapest ticket for a competitive game is for a junior standing in either family or memorial terrace at £12. The grandstand prices are up to £45. East/West terrace for ERC game is £25 + ticketmaster bonus.

In Wales, Scotland or Italy the prices are much cheaper. When I was at Edinburgh last year I got a 'Old Age Concession' which meant that two of us could sit, and watch the crap dished out by the Ulster team, for less than one could stand on the East terrace.

Not only are the prices cheaper there is a greater desire to get people into the grounds. Dragons often give their season ticket holders an extra free ticket for some matches.

Even some English Premiership teams have perks for their season ticket holders where they can bring along children to matches for free.

What about special offers for the Ulster fans ; buy two get one free, young children free with parent/grandparent. I would rather have Ravers full with 17,500 cheering supporters than have 13,000 paid up and 4,500 empty spaces.

I know there are a few games each year where UR offer group rates to schools, youth clubs etc but I think that much more can be done.

What is the general opinion?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ticket prices

Post by BR »

Supply and demand.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UR sell out

Those clubs dont

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Grandstand and Memorial stand are basically sold out to season ticket holders, just the seats reserved for potential away fans for general sale, there has been a waiting list for Grandstand since about 2004 with the exception of a couple of years after Mark McCall was ousted.
Welsh can't sell tickets hence price, look at prices for Wasps and Quins and you will see they are higher than ours.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:Grandstand and Memorial stand are basically sold out to season ticket holders, just the seats reserved for potential away fans for general sale, there has been a waiting list for Grandstand since about 2004 with the exception of a couple of years after Mark McCall was ousted.
Welsh can't sell tickets hence price, look at prices for Wasps and Quins and you will see they are higher than ours.
Shocked by the Quins tickets in reality

Headed to twickers next week. Got middle tier tickets for 2 games for 27.50 each (then disgusting ticket tout tax)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Compare it to going to watch that muck at Windsor which also attracts similar crowds in the same geographic location and it's even enough I imagine.

Comparative to Munster and Leinster.

It's the way of the world unfortunately Twiggy, I hear a prime time cinema ticket is the wrong side of a tenner in Belfast town these days.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Too cheap actually.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Too cheap actually.
Delete that before Logie reads it
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:Too cheap actually.
Delete that before Logie reads it
Too late, he's probably picked it up on his radar.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Add £2.50 per ticket, average 15,000 crowd over 14 home games = £500k plus

That's a marquee signing.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cheaper than a pint in London
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Supply and demand.
The much shorter version of what I had planned BR. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll just say this. The Welsh Scottish & Italians make Saracens-like offers because they can't get people to watch them. Their annual jamboree in Wales, "Judgement Day" is £5 for a double header, £2.50 a game & they still can't fill the ground. Italy has some excuse, most Scots are so mean they do a tally of night's sleep missed and record that they owe themselves for them, such is their niggardly nature.

Ulster has the highest home attendance in the league when you take out nonsense events like the annual Aviva bullshite betwixt Mustard & Linseed, the Mexicans average about 12000 at d'RDS.

Leaving aside all comparisons, I don't know how Ulster do it so cheap given the cost of salaries. It may not show in results but I very much doubt that any other PRO12/14 club actually pays more from its own pocket & because of discrimination by the FIRFU and the refusal of most to cross the border, Ulster are left to pay top whack & salaries have rocketed in recent years.

Now I'm sure they could reduce prices if you are happy to watch the sort of thing Dragons or Zebre fans routinely suffer in their dozens.

Now then ....................... glad I was able to keep that short, I'd so much more I could have said. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Add £2.50 per ticket, average 15,000 crowd over 14 home games = £500k plus

Dave wrote:Cheaper than a pint in London
Well that's gone up a fair bit since I was there in July.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Add £2.50 per ticket, average 15,000 crowd over 14 home games = £500k plus

Yip 9 you'd get half a Charless for that, or as we call it a Char............... more or ..........less :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

If we're paying that sort of money for char, we should be getting markedly better results. Ethel Out!
www.stoutboys.co.uk