+ve and -ve Saints vs Ulster 25/8/17

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: +ve and -ve Saints vs Ulster 25/8/17

Post by scrum5 »

Dave wrote:Good thing the cheaters are absolute muck. They play boring rugby. We'll put 50 on them (points).
That's twice you've referred to the Cheetahs as muck, hope you don't regret that on Friday :lol:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

scrum5 wrote:
Dave wrote:Good thing the cheaters are absolute muck. They play boring rugby. We'll put 50 on them (points).
That's twice you've referred to the Cheetahs as muck, hope you don't regret that on Friday Image
I just hope they have decent props because they will be propping up the league soon enough. Super rugby in general is a very poor standard of competition. Cheaters are one of the lesser teams. We are just using them to get the better SA teams in. Although even the Lions would be akin to an Edinburgh type side.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:When would be a good time to announce who this seasons captain will be?

#rudderless
I am told it will be the first player thru the door on Monday for training...
Ethel?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:When would be a good time to announce who this seasons captain will be?

#rudderless
I am told it will be the first player thru the door on Monday for training...
Ethel?
Everyone turns up late then
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

But... But ... But it was a friendly... Im going to trawl back through reams of shyte to quote myself... It means nothing... It was a friendly everyone with a titter of wit knows if you read anything into a friendly you should be shot...

I saw the light... I was helped after the Wasps game... I have no fear whatsoever going into next week's game now.... None, bring it on we're brill.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It's an almost perfect start to the season, a win over "a big English club" would have had the brill boys purring in support of the management, as it is Kiss is 2 games closer to the sack. Can't come quick enough for this "failed supporter", the guy has no clue, disastrous selector.

If he sends out something similar next week the Cheetahs will eat us alive with Mapimpi strolling through our porous defence.

If anyone was at the game, would I be correct in thinking that McCloskey & Bowe looked like the least effective centre partnership ever to defend an Ulster line?

Did Charless come close to making try stopping tackles?

Was Louis wasted on the wing? I'd give a lot to see Cave inside Ludik in the centre, two guys who don't routinely miss tackles but failing that, I think Stockcube has the makings of a wonderful 13.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

On the mark, Baggy on all counts.

Anyone who thinks Ulster shipping 80 points in two pre seasons with a woefully inadequate defensive set up is acceptable is hopelessly naive and missing the obvious clue that LK is a massive bluffer and woefully clueless. He is supposed to be a defence "expert."

Preseasons should show some game to game improvement as a bedding in process and getting to match fitness. Also a chance to try some things without the pressure of competition. Also a further opportunity for new coaches to "see for themselves."

Have we played with panache, elan, off the cuff champagne rugby with new lines of attack? Try some different defensive patterns that just didn't quite come off but was worth a punt?
Or did we play the same shyte on worse than last season?
Did we try some new young hopefuls, get to see the cut of their jib, and see if they live up to their promise? Not with McBurney, no. At a time when we need to plan for Rorys retirment, a significant future contender couldn't even get off the bench in a pre season friendly.
Did we bed combinations we know work, or worryingly shoehorn guys into their worst positions in a clueless attempt to throw shyte at a wall and hope some of it turns into a Monet or Van Gogh?

Answers are there for all to see.
Cheetahs will be battle hardened. At this crucial part of the season, we still seem clueless as to any semblance of a starting backline outside of 9 and 10 , led by a guy with no real experience of leading a coaching team and major club, topped off by a serial BS artist as OC.
Iam concerned like you, about the Bowe experiment which sounds "forced." Tommy did a job 8 years ago for the Lions in a time of dire need, when he was 8 years younger. McCloskey is a poor defender anyway, imo. Always going for the choke or rip rather than just levelling boys in his channel.
If we are forced to go with Stu, it has to be with Ludik or Cave, and I agree if both fit, Cave and Ludik purely for the organisational and defensive intelligence currently absent atm.

Team for Cheetahs presumably:
McCall Herring or Andrew Herbst
AOC Browne
JD MC Chad

Cooney
Nelson
Trimble
Mcloskey
Bowe
Cp
Ludik

I've assumed Treadwell, Stockdale, Reidy, LM etc are not available due to the ludicrous player management nonsense for guys who played 30 mins or less in June. Obviously CL.
I get the sinking feeling that Bowe will start 13, as Cave isn't ready to go yet. And massively optimistic that Ludik and CP will play 15 and 11 rather than the other way round.
Exterminate all rational thought
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:On the mark, Baggy on all counts.

Anyone who thinks Ulster shipping 80 points in two pre seasons with a woefully inadequate defensive set up is acceptable is hopelessly naive and missing the obvious clue that LK is a massive bluffer and woefully clueless. He is supposed to be a defence "expert."

Preseasons should show some game to game improvement as a bedding in process and getting to match fitness. Also a chance to try some things without the pressure of competition. Also a further opportunity for new coaches to "see for themselves."

Have we played with panache, elan, off the cuff champagne rugby with new lines of attack? Try some different defensive patterns that just didn't quite come off but was worth a punt?
Did we try some new young hopefuls, get to see the cut of their jib, and see if they live up to their promise? Not with McBurney, no. At a time when we need to plan for Rorys retirment, a significant future contender couldn't even get off the bench in a pre season friendly.
Did we bed combinations we know work, or worryingly shoehorn guys into their worst positions in a clueless attempt to throw shyte at a wall and hope some of it turns into a Monet or Van Gogh?

Cheetahs will be battle hardened. At this crucial part of the season, we still seem clueless as to any semblance of a starting backline outside of 9 and 10 , led by a guy with no real experience of leading a coaching team and major club, topped off by a serial BS artist as OC.
Iam concerned like you, about the Bowe experiment which sounds "forced." Tommy did a job 8 years ago for the Lions in a time of dire need, when he was 8 years younger. McCloskey is a poor defender anyway, imo. Always going for the choke or rip rather than just levelling boys in his channel.
If we are forced to go with Stu, it has to be with Ludik or Cave, and I agree if both fit, Cave and Ludik purely for the organisational and defensive intelligence currently absent atm.

AOC Browne
JD MC Chad

Cooney
Nelson
Trimble
Mcloskey
Bowe
Cp
Ludik

I've assumed Treadwell, Stockdale, Reidy, LM etc are not available due to the ludicrous player management nonsense for guys who played 30 mins or less in June. Obviously CL.
I get the sinking feeling that Bowe will start 13, as Cave isn't ready to go yet. And massively optimistic that Ludik and CP will play 15 and 11 rather than the other way round.
Dont forget Banbridge beat Ulster A comfortably

Time to get Soper in under Gibbes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:On the mark, Baggy on all counts.

AOC Browne
JD MC Chad

Cooney
Nelson
Trimble
Mcloskey
Bowe
Cp
Ludik

Dont forget Banbridge beat Ulster A comfortably

Time to get Soper in under Gibbes

Missionary?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Wont matter Russ. We gave the dumb and dumber epithet to the wrong two biys last season. It should've been LK and SL.
This season has more omens and portents than any I can remember since 2008. What's the odds on Marcells knee leaves stage left, pursued by a bear as the next significant nail in the coffin?.......
Lets hope the clearout begins soon...
Exterminate all rational thought
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Wont matter Russ. We gave the dumb and dumber epithet to the wrong two biys last season. It should've been LK and SL.
This season has more omens and portents than any I can remember since 2008. What's the odds on Marcells knee leaves stage left, pursued by a bear as the next significant nail in the coffin?.......
Lets hope the clearout begins soon...
Should have been 5

The other 2 had to go too

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

They might be only friendlies, but especially the saints one, as a stand alone game that was a disgraceful scoreline. I expect Christian to be starting now. Les needs to sort out the backline. Play a rush defence and play Trimble at 13 and tell him to run and kill dead things.

FROLK (Fcuk Right Off Les Kiss)
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Gibbes and Soper

#GAS
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

That Jeremy Davidson chap seems to know a bit about coaching.

Bordeaux or Belfast, no choice.

Good luck to him, enjoyed the win over Clermont. Obviously Clermont are handicapped this season by losing their inspirational forwards coach.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Agree with almost all of what has been said. Even for a friendly that 2nd half must have been a disgrace.

The only thing which can save our season is a decent run of games fixture wise to open up and get some wins to at least build a bit of confidence for when hopefully new things start working - the Gibbes effect. The list has been kind to us but already you can see a couple of losses turning things into freefall.