Captain

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Captain

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Bart S wrote:Looks like there may be no one designated vice captain, with Chad taking on the role this Friday.
The way Les likes it, he can make his mind up as he picks the side on a Thursday
rooster... he may pick it on Thursday but you and I both know he'd likely change it again by Friday...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:If they don't announce it later, I'll leak it to the Bellylaugh and the BEEB. Of course,I'll give them the wrong info as usual :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fück Sadie I Roryed :lol:
It was an utter nonsense last year, one man on the wing, one who isn't good enough to make the first choice team. :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

How can you have the highest achieving Irish hooker & captain of all time & not have him clearly as your leader? 100 + caps the man respected above all others in your squad & you are going to make some galoot captain?????????????

FFFS give my two heads peace.

Mind you, good to see my threatened leak finally got them off the pot. I had been about to leak the "Darren Cave the Surprise Nomination by Mad Les as Ulster Captain" much as I suspect Darren would be a bloody good skipper if he kep' his loaf out of harm's way.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Probably sacked as Ireland Capt.
Dave wrote:Possible his last season???
Neither, Schmidt asked him last year to captain Ireland through to the next RWC. Thought I'd pointed that out at the time.

I could be wrong but Rory seems to me to be the sort of guy who knows you are a long time retired and albeit he's more sure of where his future is likely to lie than most players, I think as long as he is enjoying it and the body holds out, so will he.

I will tell you this though, I heard from someone I'd trust that Dumb & Dumber & Kiss were driving him around the fookin' bend and that if it had not been for the Irish gig where he respects the coaches he might have different thoughts.

Many of our local clowns hereabouts have derided him as a captain in the past, maybe they wouldn't like to be reminded of it now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finally, it does no harm when the ref respects a captain, pretty sure from what you hear on ref mics that the vast majority respect Rory.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Never felt Rory got in the refs ear enough, a bit too gentlemanly for my liking.

Just my opinion of course
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

222toHounslow wrote:Never felt Rory got in the refs ear enough, a bit too gentlemanly for my liking.

He has addressed this since becoming Ireland captain. He was very good in the Six Nations at being vocal and challenging the ref.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

shamalicious wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Never felt Rory got in the refs ear enough, a bit too gentlemanly for my liking.

He has addressed this since becoming Ireland captain. He was very good in the Six Nations at being vocal and challenging the ref.
Indeed - and of course being national captain gives him a status that makes it harder for refs to ignore him at provincial level.

It shouldn't change anything, but clearly it does, and Ulster should make full use of that.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Imagine Rory in yer ear!
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Have to say I thought the Ireland captaincy would have been too much for the man but he's coped with it really well and indeed has excelled. Bit scary that we don't have anyone even close to his leadership ability...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

againstthehead wrote:Have to say I thought the Ireland captaincy would have been too much for the man but he's coped with it really well and indeed has excelled. Bit scary that we don't have anyone even close to his leadership ability...
We do, he is called Marcell.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Rooster wrote:
againstthehead wrote:Have to say I thought the Ireland captaincy would have been too much for the man but he's coped with it really well and indeed has excelled. Bit scary that we don't have anyone even close to his leadership ability...
We do, he is called Marcell.
Would it not have been a good idea to name an official VC given the captain will be involved in Ireland duty throughout the season. I wonder why Kiss.....ah forget it
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I don't think there's much point naming a V-C given that players most players rarely string two consecutive 60 minute appearances together, but if it's considered to be a major failing and another stick to beat Les with then why not eh? >flog

The more interesting point about Rory's latest spell as skipper is that he may have been asked to take it on because he's well used to (and pretty good at) dealing with disappointment and (ultimate) failure.

Might Marcel be being saved for a crack at next season when our 10 situation has been resolved?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

What's the point in having a captain who only plays a handful of games a year?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

like last year when we had 2
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

http://www.the42.ie/johann-muller-ulste ... 0-Nov2017/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk