Lealiifano Signs

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Re: Lealiifano Signs

Post by 222toHounslow »

Do you remember when Will Greenwood suggested beagle was a bolter for a lions tour?

Nearly choked on my pint when I heard it.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm genuinely sorry if I upset anyone with my opinion on Paul. It's only my opinion, which is mostly BS.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:I'm genuinely sorry if I upset anyone with my opinion on Paul. It's only my opinion, which is mostly BS.
Aye, shoor Snipe's already told us that. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:I'm genuinely sorry if I upset anyone with my opinion on Paul. It's only my opinion, which is mostly BS.
Nobody is upset Dave we all have our views. I just think Paul gets an unfair rap at times, while at other times he deserves to be castigated for impetuosity that leads to errors. HairyJ more or less summed him up as a player.
He's not the worst player we have on our books, but he does play in a position where every mistake is exposed and magnified. When a 9 plays well, you don't notice him, he's just quick, efficient and accurate. Paul has a problem putting all of these parts together at once.
In the desire to cut out mistakes he becomes ponderous and if he speeds up, accuracy goes. He works incredibly hard, but just doesn't have a full set of skills.
That does not make him a failed player, it makes him a limited player.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Feel the need to go on record regarding p ... cos it's IMHO getting a bit personal and not objective.

p - no one tries harder in an Ulster shirt, he's copped more flack than many payers who have buggered off, taken the hump or given up ... he continues to make himself available and gets on with it, fair fecks to him.

Defence - couldn't ask for more.

Pass - sporadic and hap hazard.

Speed to the ball - good but IMHO too manic

Brainfarts - he is willing to have a go, but lately his decisions have been on the whole too 30/70 and a bit of a liability. This frustrates the crowd more tan anything.

My main gripe about p is his game reading and vision as to what else is going on - St P was like a meerkat approaching a breakdown, Ruan's class was scanning what options were available and picking the right one. Too many times I see p blowing an overlap for whatever reason - dictated "right to left, left to right" pre-rehearsed plays, panic or inability to see it. You really only get a handful of chances in a game and if yer 9 cant spot them ... well yer fecked.

He is not a starter but a handy back up ... considering there is nothing in the locker at the minute that seems any better.

I don't think he's a great player - but his attitude puts a lot of players and fans to shame.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Fair play to you Dave, however, I am in no way sorry, I've made my authoritative post on p and I stand by every word. I've said it for several seasons and have seen nothing in the last 5 years to change my mind.

The concerted effort by our grouping of fundamentalist Christians to attack a subject in defence of one of their own is not unusual, indeed when one swings into such an argument, the other is seldom far behind. I am not alone in noticing this, am I Cockers? I assume others familiar with general posting here may also have sussed this.

I find it truly sad that intelligent men, which I know them to be, are so prepared to put their beliefs before obvious common sense.

Paul Marshall's pros & cons are very clearly as follows:

Pros:
Pace
Bravery

Cons:
Horribly inconsistent pass
Dreadful decision making
For a player of pace, regularly surprisingly slow to the breakdown

I could give chapter and verse on the above but it's hardly needed but I will say that both of those "pros" are rendered abjectly worthless, more often than not, by the 2nd "con", poor judgement and that children is why he is a failure that has been here far too many years, nice bloke or not.

I hear Barbara was a hell of a nice bloke, but I'm pleased as punch that he's gone. He wasn't good enough either, I'm sure the same might be said of Sugar or NOC, Ian Humphries but obviously not the Machiavellian, Doc Dave. >EW

As for poor ould Snipe, FFS pal, if you think you have put the "p is crap" stuff to bed, maybe it's time you went to yours. >EW

Finally, if that clot Nucibastard had had a titter of wit, he would have sussed back in 2014 that the player holding back any potential local talent at scrum half was actually Paul Marshall and not Ruan Pienaar. An immutable fact.

Edit: A lot of posts, including those I've just seen, are talking utter bollix. Being brave in defence which he unquestionably is, is not the same thing as being a great defender, which he is certainly not in any prominent way. His bravery masks his flaws to far too many observers. I've often seen him brushed off like a bug, brave but not great.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm not replying to anyone specifically on the board or via PM. People are upset.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

p is UTID but sadly that's about it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
The concerted effort by our grouping of fundamentalist Christians.....
Bullshit
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

What is your evidence Baggy for referring to " fundamentalist Christians" and can you say how the so called" grouping is made up. Lets have numbers and names if you are so sure of yourself otherwise stop trying to slag off those who have sincerely held beliefs.
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Anyone else concerned that Lealifano is more of a 12 than a 10?

Any of the 4 or 5 cubs mentioned by Kiss anyway close to be being good enough to break through this season?

On the beagle debate ... he's makes me nervous when I see his name as the starting 9 but by the same token when I see him on the touch line waiting to come on with 15 to go I always think there's a chance of him scoring. He's never been a world beater & never will be but plenty of "better" players could do with his balls & attitude.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Cracker wrote:What is your evidence Baggy for referring to " fundamentalist Christians" and can you say how the so called" grouping is made up. Lets have numbers and names if you are so sure of yourself otherwise stop trying to slag off those who have sincerely held beliefs.

I hate it when fundamentalist atheists shove it down your throat! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

baggy.... the Romans had the right idea.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:Anyone else concerned that Lealifano is more of a 12 than a 10?

Any of the 4 or 5 cubs mentioned by Kiss anyway close to be being good enough to break through this season?

On the beagle debate ... he's makes me nervous when I see his name as the starting 9 but by the same token when I see him on the touch line waiting to come on with 15 to go I always think there's a chance of him scoring. He's never been a world beater & never will be but plenty of "better" players could do with his balls & attitude.
I have to say that I agree with baggy in that if anyone has held back talent coming through it has been smallp and not Ruan. The fact that he has learned little if anything from having a world class mentor for several years beggers belief except one conclusion.. that he wasn't up to it.

However instead of moving him on and bringing others through to be mentored we instead cut them either adrift before school ended or brought in 3rd rate imports. It might have been interesting to see how Cairns could have matured with a year of tutorship from Ruan instead he was shipped onto the wing to fill space only now to be brought back in as a viable alternative.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cracker wrote:What is your evidence Baggy for referring to " fundamentalist Christians" and can you say how the so called" grouping is made up. Lets have numbers and names if you are so sure of yourself otherwise stop trying to slag off those who have sincerely held beliefs.
I'll not out everyone to you and the forum generally, that's not my prerogative, but Snipe & Grumpy know exactly who I'm talking about, I like them, converse with them and indeed both of them speak to me quite often on PMs since some subjects each of us may know a little about are best left off here.

Them apart there are one or two other good people of a religious bent, here and elsewhere, who have said privately to me that they will pray for me. I regard it as a compliment, much as I believe they are wasting their time in the action, but not with me for I hold them in high esteem for their human concern.

If you didn't get it Cracker, I'm a humanist, I hold my fellow man close, albeit its what you'd expect of a man gayer than most. I try to reciprocate, good deed for good deed and more if I can, though amongst my many failings is I'm terribly biblical when it comes to an eye for an eye.

So Crackpot, I'm not spreading a malicious rumour about anyone I don't know pretty well and banter almost always. Thanks for your concern but ram it right up yer hole pal. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.