Piutau to Bristol

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Piutau to Bristol

Post by scrum5 »

I know BOD isn't thought of very highly here but his Tweet on the subject is funny

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (20.45 KiB) Viewed 539 times
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sure it was even earlier that we knew he was coming, Logie is working on the 20/21 season players as we speak
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Rooster wrote:Sure it was even earlier that we knew he was coming, Logie is working on the 20/21 season players as we speak
Is one a 10 by any chance??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Probably a biblical meltdown on bakebook. They will crucify anyone who states that he is not Ulster through and through. Jesus, it's not as if nobody knew this would happen.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Scrum..... indeed a luxury we couldn't afford but we still went ahead in desperation to fill seats. Now he leaves a season early to save us enough to bring in our expensive emergency cover 10... either that or has even CHARLES seen the wheels are off..
He is still here this season you ballicks, 2 year deal stays 2 years so how the feck do we save money ?

duff info I was told he was off ski... next year that makes sense simply leaving when he said he would and Bristol doing an Ulster and announcing it 16 months or whatever in advance so sorry to baggy for my confusion.

ps.. if this was the other way around we would now have to wait out for the subsequent acl injury which would occur half way through next year leading to him not being able to go when expected. At times like those I am glad of football as they simply don't sign players when after they sustain serious leg injuries..

Yes Charles was box office designed purely to put season ticket bums on seats and agreed at a time when we if not mistaken were between coaches (no offence to Doak) ... so who did actually sign him?
Last edited by Cockatrice on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Cheerio Charlie. To me his signing signifies were we are going wrong and how poorly we are run.

We couldn't bring him in a year earlier when the NZRU kicked him out. Which was strange.

He was a player bought for box office rather than to build our team with. He was a luxury playing in an area we were already strong in.

He had some good games no doubt but sometimes I wondered whether he was truely giving his all. For such an expensive guy he couldn't kick for brad pitt.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

The spin from Bryn was that he was brought in to take us the next level after failing in semis and finals, we finished outside the playoffs and bottom of our Euro group, he can't be blamed for the failure of the backrow, he was magical to watch at times and some of his last man try saving tackles were superb but the money would have been better spent elsewhere...best of luck Charlie.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Jackie Brown wrote:
He had some good games no doubt but sometimes I wondered whether he was truely giving his all. For such an expensive guy he couldn't kick for brad pitt.
Or pass.....

Meh, was nice to have him here. >seeya

Trimble (33, October), Bowe (34, February) and Charlie gone at the end of the season, old mother hubbard in 12 months time if a few players potential does not reach fruition. I'd like to see Nelson get a dozen games on the wing and/or fullback this season to see what he really has with a run of games.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Probably a biblical meltdown on bakebook. They will crucify anyone who states that he is not Ulster through and through. Jesus, it's not as if nobody knew this would happen.
It's warming up nicely :)
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:Probably a biblical meltdown on bakebook. They will crucify anyone who states that he is not Ulster through and through. Jesus, it's not as if nobody knew this would happen.
It's warming up nicely :)
Best fans in the world...... :shock:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Nae F#cks given when he was announced, none when he eventually played, even less now he's going. Money better spent elsewhere. Ludik, in contrast, and before he shat in Les's baseball cap, was the bargain of the century,and has contributed twice as much. FOCP
Exterminate all rational thought
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

scrum5 wrote:I know BOD isn't thought of very highly here but his Tweet on the subject is funny

Capture.JPG
He's a societal stain

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Yeah Puitau was a luxury and having a soft pack meant that we couldn't utilize properly. Much better pack and better qualtiy coaching this year. I expect better. Providing we sort the 10 issue, I have faith we will, and keep p off the price as much as possible.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I liked Ruan Piutau and will miss him,but look forward to him coming back a better player (or maybe a coach) in a couple of years.

At least will still have Charless Pienaar to plug the gaps when he goes, and David Humphries can always be relied on for a man-of-the-match performance or three.

Glad vd Merwe decided to stay rather than going to Caaaadiff, even if he is playing in a different position this year

SUFTUM! :red: :red: :red:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
I liked Ruan Piutau and will miss him,but look forward to him coming back a better player (or maybe a coach) in a couple of years.

At least will still have Charless Pienaar to plug the gaps when he goes, and David Humphries can always be relied on for a man-of-the-match performance or three.

Glad vd Merwe decided to stay rather than going to Caaaadiff, even if he is playing in a different position this year

SUFTUM! :red: :red: :red:
When's Ferris back?