Ulster vs Wasps

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster vs Wasps

Post by Cockatrice »

It may indeed have only been a first pre-season run out but whilst we were missing some of our so called top players Wasps had more than their fair share resting as well.

Presumably the two games are designed to give everyone a run out before the main event with the arrival of the Cheetahs. Do we have to win this game? or has it been set aside as an OK loss.

CI... as for Rodders it does appear we were sold a pup and probably to appease D4 we cow-tailed as usual being fed the line they had yet again increased our SID by providing an Irish International prop. Just like they have provided us an Irish international to replace Ruan we now have two full Irish International scrum-halves covering that position.

I actually found myself agreeing with my friend in D4 when he repeated something that they had previously said to UR... that it isn't D4's fault that we signed several inadequate 10's as back up for PJ over the past few years.. yes they don't grow on trees but our problem not theirs and anyhow apparently we had been bleating that McPhillips was the future now it looks more back to the future...

Sometimes we make a rod for our own back... we appear to exclusively use one sport agent with the very very rare exception, we for some reason sign players 2-3 years in advance then feel responsible to pick up the re-hab bill out of some form of guilt and our project players never seem to fit the bill of a CJ Stander..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

One thing I don't understand is why Mc Philips was not in either that side or the academy side seeing as he is supposed to be our great saviour for the future
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Rooster wrote:One thing I don't understand is why Mc Philips was not in either that side or the academy side seeing as he is supposed to be our great saviour for the future
Is he definitely not injured?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

therealspratt wrote:
Rooster wrote:One thing I don't understand is why Mc Philips was not in either that side or the academy side seeing as he is supposed to be our great saviour for the future
Is he definitely not injured?
No idea
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

From watching Mcphilips play in 1b last season, he has a LONG way to go if he's ever going to be considered for ulster. He wasn't rated at Hinch hence why the new management decided to look to the land of the long white cloud for an out-half. When was the last time we actually produced an Ulster born backrower , Birch and Faloon aside?!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Has anyone seen Angus Curtis play? Not the YouTube reel.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Maybe Christian watched and thought feck that.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

UR13IRFU wrote:From watching Mcphilips play in 1b last season, he has a LONG way to go if he's ever going to be considered for ulster. He wasn't rated at Hinch hence why the new management decided to look to the land of the long white cloud for an out-half. When was the last time we actually produced an Ulster born backrower , Birch and Faloon aside?!
Last year according to Kiss this year would see the breakthrough of McPhillips into the Ulster Senior squad... looks like hinch's coaching staff are better judges.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wade

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Just watched the FS Cheetahs beat the Blue Bulls in the Currie cup. Cheetahs very impressive; on that form, and us without an out-half, they will destroy us. Sorry. :roll:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Setanta wrote:Just watched the FS Cheetahs beat the Blue Bulls in the Currie cup. Cheetahs very impressive; on that form, and us without an out-half, they will destroy us. Sorry. :roll:
I have to say I've been amazed by the way people have been writing off the SA teams joining the ProNN. Provided they can maintain a half reasonable squad (even a Currie Cup level squad) I would have them consistently taking the title.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cheetahs=Zebre
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cant see Ulster getting 35 points

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:Cheetahs=Zebre
Zebre haven't beaten the Blue Bulls AFAIK. Neither have Ulster. In fact when they played them they handed us our asres.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:Cheetahs=Zebre
Zebre haven't beaten the Blue Bulls AFAIK. Neither have Ulster. In fact when they played them they handed us our asres.
What?