IRFU press release regarding Jackson and Olding

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

IRFU press release regarding Jackson and Olding

Post by thecrouch »

This is an official PR from the IRFU, so I hope this is ok to post.

This is not good.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: IRFU press release regarding Jackson and Olding

Post by damianmcr »

Its definitely not good at all.

Keeping this on rugby that's Ulster feck without our flyhalf.
Last edited by damianmcr on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

So do we guess at how long this is likely to take to resolve? That should fill some space, given the amount of shyte written by the ProNN speculators.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Season dead in the water before it even begins.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
thewaterboy
Novice

Post by thewaterboy »

To think just a few months ago we could field halfbacks of Pienaar and Jackson.

How many matches are we going to win with the strings being pulled by Cooney and Heron/ Nelson.

Game over for another year. Oh the joys of being an Ulster supporter
:red: SUFTUM :red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote:Its definitely not good at all.

Keeping this on rugby that's Ulster feck without our flyhalf.
Minus one and a half flyhalves.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

For feck's sake...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Jackie Brown wrote:Season dead in the water before it even begins.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yep, this is a total disaster from a rugby point of view. We're absolutely goosed.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Must be time to go panhandling to the IRFU for a signing, surely, surely they do not expect us to go into this season with Herron.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The PPS confirmed a decision has been taken to prosecute four men in relation to allegations of rape.

Both Mr Jackson, 25, and Mr Olding, 24, deny the allegations.

The Public Prosecution Service said: "Following a careful review of all of the available evidence, in accordance with our Code for Prosecutors, it has been decided that there is sufficient evidence to prosecute four individuals."

Solicitors representing Mr Jackson and Mr Olding confirmed their clients are to be prosecuted for alleged rape.

Another man is to be charged with a sexual offence and a fourth man is to be charged with intent to pervert the course of justice.

Solicitor Joe Rice, representing Stuart Olding said: "I would like to point out that my client has fully co-operated with the investigation and is not on any bail conditions and is of previous good character.

"He should be allowed to uphold his right to the presumption of innocence and rejects any allegation of wrong-doing and is confident his name will be cleared through the courts."

In a similar statement, Paddy Jackson's solicitor Kevin Winters said: "He rejects the allegations completely and we're very disappointed at the PPS decision to prosecute on these particular facts."

"We say there is no basis for the decision to prosecute and we are confident that our client will be cleared of any charge."

The PPS statement added: "As the criminal proceedings against these individuals have commenced and each has a right to a fair trial, it is extremely important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice proceedings."

All four men are due to appear in court next month.

The Irish Rugby Football Union and Ulster Rugby said the players have agreed that they be relieved of their duties and obligations until the conclusion of the legal process, to allow them time to address the matter fully.

Mr Jackson and Mr Olding have been involved in legal proceedings against the BBC in relation to the reporting of their arrests.
Considering the bit in red perhaps it is time to lock this down before some clown says something daft.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

If Ulster had a brain they will have seen this coming and planned accordingly..... of course they will have stuck their head in the sand since this raised its head in the hope that it will blow over.... let's say they remain innocent until proved otherwise. I said at the time the perverting the course of justice charge was interesting and it remains so.. anyway on rugby we are fecked as this means Herron is the way forward but again been saying that since last year..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Not commenting on this until after the court case.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:Not commenting on this until after the court case.
To be fair, nobody really has. The OH crisis is the main topic which will doubtless continue in another thread, if not this one.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:If Ulster had a brain they will have seen this coming and planned accordingly..... of course they will have stuck their head in the sand since this raised its head in the hope that it will blow over.... let's say they remain innocent until proved otherwise. I said at the time the perverting the course of justice charge was interesting and it remains so.. anyway on rugby we are fecked as this means Herron is the way forward but again been saying that since last year..
Heron is dung and can't kick. McPhillips can kick but he is very young still.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:If Ulster had a brain they will have seen this coming and planned accordingly..... of course they will have stuck their head in the sand since this raised its head in the hope that it will blow over.... let's say they remain innocent until proved otherwise. I said at the time the perverting the course of justice charge was interesting and it remains so.. anyway on rugby we are fecked as this means Herron is the way forward but again been saying that since last year..
Heron is dung and can't kick. McPhillips can kick but he is very young still.
He's young but hasn't really impressed even at age group rugby.