British & Irish Cup 17/18

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: British & Irish Cup 17/18

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:Question for anyone there... what was the 70k man Herron like?
That's not even funny. Please tell me that's a very bad joke ImageImage
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The kind of question the URSS hate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:
RUSS must be on the lash again - can't even spell his own name. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:
RUSS must be on the lash again - can't even spell his own name. Image
Playing with my Philips Hue lights

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:

They are so last year :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:

They are so last year :roll:
Unless He is laying naked in a dark room listening to whales mating in quadraphonic sound, with mood lighting it's not.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I'm getting a gentle hint that you don't rate him Cockers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote:
I'm getting a gentle hint that you don't rate him Cockers. Image Image Image
Well he has been outplayed by "lesser" opposition several times already when he has played for Ballymena this season, he is below par for AIL 1 or 2
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

pwrmoore wrote:
You could be correct Paul and in a very small way this sums up the debacle that is UR.. We are sold credentials as him being a Bath player who would have represented England U-20s at O-H in the RWC had he been fit.

Except of course he wasn't even in that squad before he got injured so was never going to be anywhere near any RWC Squad. Then we discover he was actually twin registered with a 2/3 Division English club where he had actually played for the seconds at 12.

A player of promise but before long he like the Duke before him wasn't even a break-glass option and now isn't even a break-glass option for the A's. That to me brings into question FOLK's ability to smell a good one because whilst £70,000 a year doesn't buy you too much professional rugby player it could translate into 4-6 development players a years to take a punt on..

I suspect that if SPAR wanted to bring in a new NI area manager at £70K a year and found out two weeks later that same individual was barely able to run the local Armoy store someone somewhere might think that a waste of money. However he is a decent lad and that is all that matters to UR. I have a feeling that Gibbes can smell both BS and shyte at 50 paces and doesn't buy into the being a decent lad is all that matters in the professional game... lets see what happens.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

As mentioned above, the A side play the Cornish Pirates this week. It is down in the People's Republic of Cornwall on the Sunday with a 2:30pm start.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
You could be correct Paul and in a very small way this sums up the debacle that is UR.. We are sold credentials as him being a Bath player who would have represented England U-20s at O-H in the RWC had he been fit.

Except of course he wasn't even in that squad before he got injured so was never going to be anywhere near any RWC Squad. Then we discover he was actually twin registered with a 2/3 Division English club where he had actually played for the seconds at 12.

A player of promise but before long he like the Duke before him wasn't even a break-glass option and now isn't even a break-glass option for the A's. That to me brings into question FOLK's ability to smell a good one because whilst £70,000 a year doesn't buy you too much professional rugby player it could translate into 4-6 development players a years to take a punt on..

I suspect that if SPAR wanted to bring in a new NI area manager at £70K a year and found out two weeks later that same individual was barely able to run the local Armoy store someone somewhere might think that a waste of money. However he is a decent lad and that is all that matters to UR. I have a feeling that Gibbes can smell both BS and shyte at 50 paces and doesn't buy into the being a decent lad is all that matters in the professional game... lets see what happens.
I'm glad he has that redeeming feature Cockers because a bad man told me he was an obnoxious arrogant wee shyte. My relief is palpable that the young man is not entirely a wrong'un. I am told by several of my spies that both Banbridge & Armagh had a younger outhalf who outplayed him by a wide margin.

I think his time as a comparatively well paid young gentleman must be coming to an end in the summer of next year, I had no fecks to give, but now with your assurance that he is a decent young man, I wish him a bright future .....elsewhere.

Anyway, is there any truth in the effusive reports on Orange'bar steward** Caleb Montgomery being one to watch?

**Admittedly his facebook post was a long time back. ( I scanned Kofi's links, Kofi knows things >EW )
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

baggy.... I was using UR speak when they refer to him as a decent lad .. that it seems is all that matters to them.

Picking up £70K for playing club rugby in the AIB is a joke especially because he isn't even that good by AIB standards...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:baggy.... I was using UR speak when they refer to him as a decent lad .. that it seems is all that matters to them.

Picking up £70K for playing club rugby in the AIB is a joke especially because he isn't even that good by AIB standards...
I know you were Cockers, I just wanted to check that the badman was right when described him as a ballix. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
boringperson12
Novice

Post by boringperson12 »

At least they saved some money when they fined Herron 2 weeks wages when he was done for drink driving in March... Decent guy!

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crime/ ... -1-7848249

Loves the physio table from what I've heard and has a massive ego... But so would I if I was getting 70 grand playing a sport I'm not very good at.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »