British & Irish Cup 17/18

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: British & Irish Cup 17/18

Post by Russ »

Polly Cotton wrote:
Russ wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:Just home from a great rugby weekend in Wales and went also to Coventry, the A team would appear to have some fire in their bellies and were able to grind out a win in miserable conditions, they need a win and went out to do just that. that is a couple of games I have now watched and they appear to be able to vary their game very much, I have no doubt william andeson has an influence on that forward play, there is a clip on URTV with their head coach indicating that the players themselves can make those decisions and adapt quickly , I would put the link up but don't know how, can some one put the highlight links and campbell interview up.

The great rugby was all in Wales as we also got to see Lllaneli and Toulon, we wish we had stopped at that and not gone to Conventry, a dire soulless stadium and crap rugby. The team looked flat and at times you could see that they were beat, as for the Ulster fans some great people but also some not so nice.

Observation from the game in Wales, Ross and Browne were outstanding , a workman like performance from all 23 players, a proud performance in awful conditions I hope the main team watch the video to see 23 players playing as one.
Why are some not so nice?
I see comments like this a lot but no explanation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Swearing to , and about players of their own team , while sitting amongst opposition fans is in my opinion poor and embarrassing , especially when every out word was either F or C word , not pleasant and misrepresents Ulster fans.

There is more wrong with Ulster than just coaching, even I can see that . Reading the posts it does seem that there is a target on Les Kiss, but the men who are involved in the decision making, the agreements to sign players, the running of the organisation would appear to be untouchable , a lot of the committee men and persons co opted on to these committees are answerable to no one, they will go unchallenged and will repeat he same mistakes over and over and we will be in this situation till some of them pass on.

Time for the professional game to be professional, get rid of interfering ex presidents and committee men , give them the domestic rugby to run, they can't ruin it any more than they currently have, get in professional rugby staff who only answer to a CEO , A CEO who can run a professional organisation professionally, not a charity or some fantasy . The professional game has to cut the ties with amateurism and cronyism which is rife in Ulster Rugby, you have people sitting making decisions who have been a disaster at running their own clubs ffs, but they went to the right school, so that's okay.Time for Change, Time to Go as Gerry once said.
Thank you for clarifying. Absolutely not on by our fans

Reason I asked was in the past people have used the moniker of not being happy with our fans then when pressed apparently singing things like everywhere we go and utid caused offence

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

muscles wrote:Spot on Polly. >appl

Root & branch review of culture, governance, structure, non-playing personnel, standard of coaches & players, recruitment policy, dealing with under-performing management/players, training, game-time experience, team selection decision, policy of introducing younger players into starting 15, academy, increasing numbers playing at more schools, attitude to supporters, match-day experience etc etc
sh1t, we are onto something here.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bedford Blues were on Sky Sports yesterday. Ran moneybags Bristol close, only lost 18-13 at Bristol. Have a good set of forwards.
boringperson12
Novice

Post by boringperson12 »

Watched that as well. Tight head was very good. Destroyed that big ex-Northampton prop.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yeah I saw it too, strong pack not much else. Sure Hond will put manners on them. Bristol are a curious team, lots of guys who have their best years behind them but Afoa and Muldowney will stiffen their spine next season.

If our pack aren't destroyed there's every chance if beating them.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.