Champions Cup 17/18

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Champions Cup 17/18

Post by Russ »

Looks like the English are about to try and collapse this again
They are unable to pay the celtic unions their guarantees

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Looks like the English are about to try and collapse this again

Is the guarantee period not over though ?
They certainly don't have their projected income from sponsors.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Looks like the English are about to try and collapse this again

Is the guarantee period not over though ?
They certainly don't have their projected income from sponsors.
They appear to have asked for a crisis meeting with the Celtic Unions

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The Fuc'king Lionels eh? Eh? Eh?

They ruin the best tournament in rugby history, promise everyone riches then end up with less sponsorship, nobody interested in paying wendyball money, they competition not holding the same attraction to fans and now they want to renege on their obligations freely entered into so they could have their own way.

Feck off Lionels.

The four Pro14 countries involved really need to grow a set and just say no, this was your doing, you promised to enrich us all & were so confident that you promised then Pro12 teams a minimum of £20M pa. Pay it.

I wonder how hard Heineken would laugh if they were asked to reinstate the Heineken Cup as sole sponsor?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:The Fuc'king Lionels eh? Eh? Eh?

They ruin the best tournament in rugby history, promise everyone riches then end up with less sponsorship, nobody interested in paying wendyball money, they competition not holding the same attraction to fans and now they want to renege on their obligations freely entered into so they could have their own way.

Feck off Lionels.

The four Pro14 countries involved really need to grow a set and just say no, this was your doing, you promised to enrich us all & were so confident that you promised then Pro12 teams a minimum of £20M pa. Pay it.

I wonder how hard Heineken would laugh if they were asked to reinstate the Heineken Cup as sole sponsor?
The only option is to go back to the old format

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:The Fuc'king Lionels eh? Eh? Eh?

Feck off Lionels.

The only option is to go back to the old format

They then have to go crawling back to Heineken and hope they have funds in the advertising pot to continue where they left off which will be over £10 million a year more than their current fee.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Exactly Rooster, but knowing the score why would Heineken offer anything like that money, the Lionels sound as if they'd snap your hand off for half of that money?

Anyone wonder why we will soon be watching the Nat West 6Ns rather than the RBS when RBs own Nat West.

Shall I tell you?, OKay it's because the 6Ns committee couldn't get a single sponsor willing to pay the same money or more for the title sponsorship so the unions have gone back, cap in hand and said: "please sir, how much will you give us". Reduced one year deal, with a subsidiary company. Patched up job for one year only.

Seems rugby is not the draw the fackin' Lionels thought it was. The 2 major European competitions club & country & nobody interested in throwing money at them.

Meanwhile, ECRC is trying to sell worldwide TV rights for the SDC, good luck with that.

And while we are at it, news reaches me that secret deals have been done by the Pro14 in respect of European qualification, no longer will the best 4th place team take the 7th qualifying SDC place, there will be a playoff. Well, something for Ulster to look forward to, eh? EH? - sorry for shouting.

A deal for SA travel done, but that is not for this thread - still no airline nor hotel "partners" mind you. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Exactly Rooster, but knowing the score why would Heineken offer anything like that money, the Lionels sound as if they'd snap your hand off for half of that money?

Anyone wonder why we will soon be watching the Nat West 6Ns rather than the RBS when RBs own Nat West.

Shall I tell you?, OKay it's because the 6Ns committee couldn't get a single sponsor willing to pay the same money or more for the title sponsorship so the unions have gone back, cap in hand and said: "please sir, how much will you give us". Reduced one year deal, with a subsidiary company. Patched up job for one year only.

Seems rugby is not the draw the fackin' Lionels thought it was. The 2 major European competitions club & country & nobody interested in throwing money at them.

Meanwhile, ECRC is trying to sell worldwide TV rights for the SDC, good luck with that.

And while we are at it, news reaches me that secret deals have been done by the Pro14 in respect of European qualification, no longer will the best 4th place team take the 7th qualifying SDC place, there will be a playoff. Well, something for Ulster to look forward to, eh? EH? - sorry for shouting.

A deal for SA travel done, but that is not for this thread - still no airline nor hotel "partners" mind you. :roll:
Man Utd have an official coffee partner now... surely one of our baristas could step in and secure an exclusive deal... I heard Diack said he would close his branches and put 30 on the dole so UR offended him an other 2 years.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I have it on very good authority that Ernst & Young presented a presentation entitled "securing one television broadcaster for European rugby" in Cardiff this morning

Im unsure who apart from EY were in the room but it is assumed WRU, PRL reps and the welsh clubs

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Watch the Welsh fold hoping for a Anglo/Welsh league.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Russ wrote:I have it on very good authority that Ernst & Young presented a presentation entitled "securing one television broadcaster for European rugby" in Cardiff this morning

Im unsure who apart from EY were in the room but it is assumed WRU, PRL reps and the welsh clubs

Strange one really given that coverage of all other major sports is shared between terrestial, TV, Sky and BT.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I’d assume that there was a film section to the presentation and the credits included, This Ernst and Young Presentation is sponsored by BT Sport.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:I have it on very good authority that Ernst & Young presented a presentation entitled "securing one television broadcaster for European rugby" in Cardiff this morning

Link
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:

Link
EY shouldn't practice their presentations on trains

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I’d assume that there was a film section to the presentation and the credits included, This Ernst and Young Presentation is sponsored by BT Sport.
This will be precisely it

PRL appoint EY to work with BT to secure rights to all rugby

EY set up meetings with WRU and SRU in order to get their votes

IRFU and Italian Federation get no say
WRU and SRU through EY cut out Sky meaning IRFUs grubby deal with Sky is now a disaster

Want to watch your province? You now need BT
Want to watch the national side? You need Sky