Pro 12 to become Pro 14 maybe Pro 15

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Pro 12 to become Pro 14 maybe Pro 15

Post by Kofi Annan »

Anyone know who is covering the extra cost of travel and accommodation, i am sure when the deal was signed this was all covered in the contracts so that teams did not bear the extra cost etc, i believe out illustrious leader was central to the negotiations (according to him)
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Kofi Annan wrote:Anyone know who is covering the extra cost of travel and accommodation, i am sure when the deal was signed this was all covered in the contracts so that teams did not bear the extra cost etc, i believe out illustrious leader was central to the negotiations (according to him)
I read somewhere (but unfortunately cannot remember where, or even if it was reliable) that each team was given a budget per trip paid for out of the money coming from the South Africans. If teams decide to take extra players,blazers etc or run up higher hotel or air expenses etc, that takes them above budget, they bear that cost themselves.

Sorry though that I cannot remember where, or even if it is accurate. It may just have been speculative fake news by some journo somewhere. I suspect it was around the time that Visa Nacewa and Malone Rugby turned up without visas, and it was reported that Mexico had to bear the extra cost of flying them back and forth to sort that out.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Anyone know who is covering the extra cost of travel and accommodation, i am sure when the deal was signed this was all covered in the contracts so that teams did not bear the extra cost etc, i believe out illustrious leader was central to the negotiations (according to him)
I read somewhere (but unfortunately cannot remember where, or even if it was reliable) that each team was given a budget per trip paid for out of the money coming from the South Africans. If teams decide to take extra players,blazers etc or run up higher hotel or air expenses etc, that takes them above budget, they bear that cost themselves.

Sorry though that I cannot remember where, or even if it is accurate. It may just have been speculative fake news by some journo somewhere. I suspect it was around the time that Visa Nacewa and Malone Rugby turned up without visas, and it was reported that Mexico had to bear the extra cost of flying them back and forth to sort that out.
That certainly was the chat Grumps but I have heard a few whispers that what you say was talked about but never actually was signed off.
There was chat of an airline being involved in sponsorship and possibly discounted flights for teams and fans but that appears not to have come to fruition either.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Im hearing teams are being made to pay for themselves
Or the IRFU have been unable to get the cash agreed with Pro14

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

I recall reading somewhere that each Pro 12 team got 500k (not sure if £s or €s) from Sth African TV money when the league became the Pro 14.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

colind wrote:I recall reading somewhere that each Pro 12 team got 500k (not sure if £s or €s) from Sth African TV money when the league became the Pro 14.
Does Logan know?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

colind wrote:I recall reading somewhere that each Pro 12 team got 500k (not sure if £s or €s) from Sth African TV money when the league became the Pro 14.
Was it not "could get up to" providing all deals went through
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oh
Attachments
bitchesbelike.jpg
bitchesbelike.jpg (46.81 KiB) Viewed 837 times
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oh, so many opinions so close but not actually hitting the spot. Allow me to precis things so we can all understand:

- The Great Leader, Shane Logan, was pretty quick to trumpet his own part in the arrangements for this new extravaganza, "World Rugby Union Division One", and the suggestion from all in sundry that further expansion may include, Seppos, Canucks, Germans :shock: and maybe even the Spanish :shock: :shock: :shock: .

- This triumph would yield a further £500K or was it £600K per existing Pro12 team. Peachy :D

- There was suggested to be a link with an Airline to partner Ulster in their African Oddessey, that has gone the way of all flesh and died on its feet. I recall some here even wondering would that extend to travelling support :roll:

- Pro14 would assist with expenses for SA trips. Great idea, but essentially PRO14 are saying "show me that in the agreement" ooooops, it appears the Great Leader & subordinate leaders just didn;t bother checking the small print & appended their monikers to a contract which didn;t say what they thought it said. Oh dear, red faces for 12 Great Leaders under Supreme Commander Logan. :oops: :oops: :oops:

- FIRFU have told the provinces, "not our issue" and essentially they haven't a pot to pish in anyway and are desperately hoping Supreme Commander Logan can use his personal charisma to secure RWC2023 otherwise a period of austerity is envisaged.

- it appears that FIRFU, SRU & WRU are trying to force the arm of PRO14 up it's back suggesting that the clear understanding is that PRO14 would assist all clubs with the additional travel costs to SA. PRO14 appear to be ignoring the unions and suggesting they read the contract and explain where this is covered.

- Another item that the great leaders appear to have overlooked is, who is going to pay for the referees travel. I understand an estimated £200,000 is required for this unconsidered trifle.

So, as a fan I'm delighted to have the South African teams, as a commercial prospect, this hastily arrange mish-mash appears to be a financial mess, hurriedly cobbled together and in simple terms, what was understood appears not to be reflected in the contract of participation.

In the words of Nat King Cole:

There may be trouble ahead ............... but being as gay as a badger & certainly at least as gay as the next man, I say .............................. but while there's music and moonlight and love and romance let's face the music and dance.
bitchesbelike.jpg
bitchesbelike.jpg (46.81 KiB) Viewed 831 times
On a similar but not directly related matter. it appears the 6Ns committee is unable to find a sponsor to replace RBS as title sponsors and may face an embarrassing climbdown having to accept a new RBS contract at something like £2M per annum less than the current one.

I'm not sure about other countries, but I'd bet the Great Leaders life that a figure of at least the current figures will be in FIRFU budgets for the next several years and if taken from the provincial budgets, accounts for a Heron a year at least.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

baggy... I first smelt something resembling dung when the Scots queried the finances of this new league and asked questions. My understanding they were given assurances that as you say are on a power with being told that Afoa would be lucky if he ever played again..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

https://www.balls.ie/rugby/new-pro12-format-368666
Super Rugby is decreasing its number of franchises from 18 this season to 15 next season with the two South African teams and one from Australia jettisoned.

As has been reported in recent weeks, the two South African sides are expected to pitch up in European rugby for the 2017/18 season, joining what will become the Pro14.

In today's Irish Times, Gavin Cummiskey has further details as to how the expanded competition will work.

To cover new costs, each team will receive €500,000. TV revenue, with the expansion into the South African market, will increase by €12 million.
Of course it may be all smoke and mirrors.

Strange that the Pro12 / Pro14 website has a press release on 19th July saying they were in talks with SA Rugby Union but can't see one actually announcing the deal.