Pro 12 to become Pro 14 maybe Pro 15

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Pro 12 to become Pro 14 maybe Pro 15

Post by Tender »

I once laid into the Dagenham Girl's Pipe Band.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tender wrote:I once laid into the Dagenham Girl's Pipe Band.
Surely, Tender you meant, "I once laid pipe into the Dagenham Girls Band" ....................... ya durty brute. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As a side issue, I assume that European Pro Rugby has signed up to the possibility of Saffer teams finishing in the top 7 of the Pro14 and qualifying for European competition?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:As a side issue, I assume that European Pro Rugby has signed up to the possibility of Saffer teams finishing in the top 7 of the Pro14 and qualifying for European competition?
Yes as the third or possibly fourth best province under the IRFU we will find our path into Europe becoming harder.. One of the SA teams will be attached to the IRFU whilst the other is attached to the Welsh.. The Scots don't want any of this and within the next two years we will see teams from Georgia, Russia and Spain join the fray.. that way baggy you will be able to get to one away game at least on your own doorstep.. The league will then split into a Division One and Division Two but more likely to be based on the American style of NFL with zones.. if not they intend to move the two lower placed Irish and Welsh teams into the second division along with those aforementioned teams... all in all another step in the right direction of world domination.

After all if you can have Israel in Europe why not South Africa.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

So Baggy cooks Paella for 200 in a pan made from the panels of a scrapped Iveco van and we smuggle 400 tattie farls out for breakfast.
Sounds like a plan. Carlos Gran Reserva and World Domination.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

New Pro 14 starting in September seemingly.

Most of South African home games probably being played at Sorries place.

League blazers not confirming it, but dropping hints that it's true. Can't be confirmed until 7 July when the 2 Saffer teams are thrown out of their competition.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Some mention on the BBC about the possibility of divisions. That would really be poor, great to have them join but not if that puts us in a division of 7 teams. Not even sure how that would work, only 12 matches?
We want to be playing Leinster/Munster/Glasgow/Ospreys/Scarlets home and away, not in a division.

If it means upping the games to 26 then I'm all for it, though I'm not sure that Ulster have the size of squad necessary.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Home games at sorries? What would be the point in that?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Gary wrote:New Pro 14 starting in September seemingly.

Most of South African home games probably being played at Sorries place.

League blazers not confirming it, but dropping hints that it's true. Can't be confirmed until 7 July when the 2 Saffer teams are thrown out of their competition.
old news , contracts signed today, Cheetahs and Kings, UK/Ireland teams will play them over 7-9 days in South Africa, two Irish teams will travel together if they have any sense and swap over. feck Parma the futures bright the future is ORANGE FREE STATE, my next favorite team, shinners will go into melt down when the hear the words Orange Free State, collapse Stor.............oh feck
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

and the Italians leave next year to be replaced with another two new teams as they have only committed to 17/18 season
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gerald the Mole wrote:and the Italians leave next year to be replaced with another two new teams as they have only committed to 17/18 season
The Italians might like it and stay though
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Heard there was a problem over participation in the Currie Cup. If contracts all signed and sealed, they must have sorted this out today.
Interesting how UR deal with season tickets if we have less home games,
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gary wrote:Heard there was a problem over participation in the Currie Cup. If contracts all signed and sealed, they must have sorted this out today.
Less home games, they will be better quality

More home games we gave you extra benefit of your season ticket now please buy more tickets next season
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

So are we looking at a Super Rugby style competition with conferences - 19 game season or a top 14 type event - 26 game season?
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Gary wrote:Heard there was a problem over participation in the Currie Cup. If contracts all signed and sealed, they must have sorted this out today.
There wont be less games there will be two more it wont be a conference
Available for weddings May to August only