If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:17 am

HairyJ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
therealspratt wrote:It's more accurate to say that if Furlong were an Ulsterman he'd still be playing GAA. Ulster's problem isn't so much with top tier talents like Ferris, Best and Henderson but rather bringing through lads whose talents at least don't immediately reveal themselves to be at that level, as well as talent identification outside the traditional talent pools.


The Ulster teams are a blight on the game of gaelic football. I wish the fecking Ulster branch would get out there and make these nord-muck savages into rugby players. Both games could reap the benefit.
I think Tyrone will win the all ireland. Just the dubs to beat in the semis. They will hammer Kerry/mayo in the final.
This is the one and only time I've ever wanted Tyrone to win anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


Aye, me too Hairy, sure what could bate a good pinch up on the train home, and if some wee girl gets a punch in the mouth, sure she was probably asking for it, bitch.

Hard to tell GAA fans from wendyball fans. :roll: You wouldn't wish either on a Jehovahs witness.
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 26547
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby HairyJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:28 am

BaggyTrousers wrote:
HairyJ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
therealspratt wrote:It's more accurate to say that if Furlong were an Ulsterman he'd still be playing GAA. Ulster's problem isn't so much with top tier talents like Ferris, Best and Henderson but rather bringing through lads whose talents at least don't immediately reveal themselves to be at that level, as well as talent identification outside the traditional talent pools.


The Ulster teams are a blight on the game of gaelic football. I wish the fecking Ulster branch would get out there and make these nord-muck savages into rugby players. Both games could reap the benefit.
I think Tyrone will win the all ireland. Just the dubs to beat in the semis. They will hammer Kerry/mayo in the final.
This is the one and only time I've ever wanted Tyrone to win anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


Aye, me too Hairy, sure what could bate a good pinch up on the train home, and if some wee girl gets a punch in the mouth, sure she was probably asking for it, bitch.

Hard to tell GAA fans from wendyball fans. :roll: You wouldn't wish either on a Jehovahs witness.
That's not the norm so not really fair to portray it as such. I've been going to games for 25 years and the only fight I've seen was in the late 90's. Unlike soccer, there's no segregation at the games either.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
HairyJ
Initiate
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:26 am

I'm remember some quite unsavoury behavior on a train back from a certain Heineken cup semi-final.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12348
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Rooster » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:29 am

Dave wrote:I'm remember some quite unsavoury behavior on a train back from a certain Heineken cup semi-final.
Part time big game supporters?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 37855
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:32 am

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:I'm remember some quite unsavoury behavior on a train back from a certain Heineken cup semi-final.
Part time big game supporters?
GAA fans
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12348
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:07 am

Only slightly serious Hairy but there are pretty regular mass brawls, just like rugby but quite often the sidelines seem to get into the scrap too. Maybe it's the way forward, lose Kiss in a brawling death. FOLK.
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 26547
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Shan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:07 pm

HairyJ wrote:Behave yourself. Most of the southern teams aren't much better, in reality.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


Only joking of course. The standard overall is terrible at the moment. Still now we are down to the 4 best teams we may see some fireworks at last. I think Kerry will have enough to beat Mayo but the other one is harder to call. Dublin are the best team in terms of natural ability but Tyrone are probably the best team in terms of tactical awareness. They could shut Dublin down and manage to beat them. If they do I would fancy them to win the final.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 9790
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Shan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:22 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:Only slightly serious Hairy but there are pretty regular mass brawls, just like rugby but quite often the sidelines seem to get into the scrap too. Maybe it's the way forward, lose Kiss in a brawling death. FOLK.


Yerra there's nathin wrong with fellas havin' an owl swipe at each other now and again. Generally if one of the coaching team starts getting too excitable they will get a ban......except if it happens to be Brian Cody who can do what he likes......kind of like Alex Ferguson in soccer a few years ago.

Poor auld Davy Fitz got 8 weeks for coming on the pitch and squaring up to a few Tipp ballixes. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqXDGqQjuxQ
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 9790
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby HairyJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Shan wrote:
HairyJ wrote:Behave yourself. Most of the southern teams aren't much better, in reality.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


Only joking of course. The standard overall is terrible at the moment. Still now we are down to the 4 best teams we may see some fireworks at last. I think Kerry will have enough to beat Mayo but the other one is harder to call. Dublin are the best team in terms of natural ability but Tyrone are probably the best team in terms of tactical awareness. They could shut Dublin down and manage to beat them. If they do I would fancy them to win the final.
Aye I think Kerry are too good for Mayo. Big Donaghy will bum that full back line into oblivion. Agree totally about the other game too, I think Dublin will win but I feel like Tyrone are the only team who could possibly beat them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
HairyJ
Initiate
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby HairyJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:23 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:Only slightly serious Hairy but there are pretty regular mass brawls, just like rugby but quite often the sidelines seem to get into the scrap too. Maybe it's the way forward, lose Kiss in a brawling death. FOLK.
Plenty of shemozzles on the pitch but rarely any off it. Hard to beat a good 30 man shemozzle, gets the aul pulse racing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
HairyJ
Initiate
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Amiga500 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Shan wrote:but the other one is harder to call. Dublin are the best team in terms of natural ability but Tyrone are probably the best team in terms of tactical awareness. They could shut Dublin down and manage to beat them. If they do I would fancy them to win the final.


Aye, the winner will come from Tyrone & Dubs.

Hard to pick a winner. Think this could be the Dubs biggest challenge in the last couple of years. Tyrone are good enough to take them on and won't brad pitt themselves like Mayo.
User avatar
Amiga500
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1406
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Amiga500 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Oh and Furlong isn't really a Mexican...

He's more like Nicaraguan or something. :D
User avatar
Amiga500
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1406
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:55 am

Connolly is back for the dubs so it will probably swing it for them. I think this Tyrone team will win an all Ireland for Mickey Harte, at some point. They have some great players attacking players: Sludden, Peter Harte, wee Mark Bradley, Mattie Donnelly etc.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12348
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Previous


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: big mervyn, Bing [Bot], YandexBot and 3 guests

Recent Forum Topics

Login

Username:

Password:


Remember Me
Hide Me
Register
Image
Image
Check out our latest T-Shirts for all the family!!
The UAFC Shop
Image

Polls

Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Jared Payne
2
3%


Louis Ludik
25
40%


Darren Cave
3
5%


Stuart McCloskey
0
0%


Stuart Olding
0
0%


Rob Lyttle
1
2%


Charles Piutau
4
6%


Paddy Jackson
18
29%


Ruan Pienaar
2
3%


Andy Warwick
0
0%


Callum Black
0
0%


Rob Herring
0
0%


Rory Best
0
0%


Rodney Ah You
3
5%


Ross Kane
0
0%


Alan O'Connor
0
0%


Peter Browne
0
0%


Franco van der Merwe
0
0%


Iain Henderson
0
0%


Sean Reidy
3
5%


Roger Wilson
1
2%


Clive Ross
1
2%


 
Total votes : 63

View topic

!-- Piwik -->