Image
Image

Topics Calendar

August 2017

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 25 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests

Most users ever online was 432 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Registered users: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 600535
Total topics 18629
Total members 2802
Our newest member De-aRt

If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Cockatrice » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Would he still be on a development contract or would he have played for the Ravens and maybe got 2 mins against the baabaas by now?
would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6220
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby UlsterNo9 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:55 pm

I suppose you could only really compare Furlongs trajectory to Iain Henderson, Henderson being the only homegrown international standard forward Ulster have produced in recent times to draw comparison against.

Henderson made his Ulster debut at 20 in the spring of 2012 and was capped in autumn of the same year.

Furlong was also 20 when he made his provinvial debut but unlike Henderson didn't get his international chance until some two years later.

Both made the Lions in the same available cycle. On par.

I just present the evidence.... draw your own conclusions.
David Nucifora - Employed by the IRFU since June 1st 2014
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2244
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Even we couldn't fcuk up a talent like Furlong. He is by far and away my favourite Leinster based player. He's a complete tonic to the D4 snobbery and the polar opposite of that skanger thug Healy. Just a nice person and a fantastic player. That's a rare combo in Irish rugby.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10625
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Tender » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:23 pm

'Skanger Thug' ... oh er Missus I love it. I almost over-dunked a hob-knob.
When you say Tadgh is your favourite Leinster based player, you don't actually mean that you like him! You likely mean he'd be last in line, a line consisting their entire squad, to be smacked about the head with an ex-snatch squad baton? Nobody really likes them.
Life isn't a competition, it's a game
Don't panic... If your parachute fails, you'll have the rest of your life to fix it.
User avatar
Tender
Warrior
 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Leafy Suburbs

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Tighter End wrote:'Skanger Thug' ... oh er Missus I love it. I almost over-dunked a hob-knob.
When you say Tadgh is your favourite Leinster based player, you don't actually mean that you like him! You likely mean he'd be last in line, a line consisting their entire squad, to be smacked about the head with an ex-snatch squad baton? Nobody really likes them.

He is barely a Leinster man. Where he's from is probably closer to Cork than Dublin. He's even got a bogger accent.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10625
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby BaggyTrousers » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Dave wrote:
Tighter End wrote:'Skanger Thug' ... oh er Missus I love it. I almost over-dunked a hob-knob.
When you say Tadgh is your favourite Leinster based player, you don't actually mean that you like him! You likely mean he'd be last in line, a line consisting their entire squad, to be smacked about the head with an ex-snatch squad baton? Nobody really likes them.

He is barely a Leinster man. Where he's from is probably closer to Cork than Dublin. He's even got a bogger accent.


That is as may be Dave but let's examine basics.

Mexicans:

Rule 1) Only good Mexican dead Mexican

Rule 2) See rule 1.

You are in breach of Ulster-Mexican Relations Guidelines, please take a while to reconsider your attitude. :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, "bogger accent", I'm liking your work. :lol:
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 25554
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:42 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:
Tighter End wrote:'Skanger Thug' ... oh er Missus I love it. I almost over-dunked a hob-knob.
When you say Tadgh is your favourite Leinster based player, you don't actually mean that you like him! You likely mean he'd be last in line, a line consisting their entire squad, to be smacked about the head with an ex-snatch squad baton? Nobody really likes them.

He is barely a Leinster man. Where he's from is probably closer to Cork than Dublin. He's even got a bogger accent.


That is as may be Dave but let's examine basics.

Mexicans:

Rule 1) Only good Mexican dead Mexican

Rule 2) See rule 1.

You are in breach of Ulster-Mexican Relations Guidelines, please take a while to reconsider your attitude.

By the way, "bogger accent", I'm liking your work.

He has west Cork connections. He has a big fcuk off Fenian name and he played GAA. Not like Tommy Bowe, he actually played. Also his dad was a farmer, so he probably stole land off some planter kunt. In many ways he's actually a Donegal man. Ulster thru n thru!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10625
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby ruckover » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Dave wrote:Even we couldn't fcuk up a talent like Furlong.

I would contest that.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
User avatar
ruckover
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7607
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:02 pm
Location: My house

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby UlsterNo9 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Cockatrice wrote:Would he still be on a development contract or would he have played for the Ravens and maybe got 2 mins against the baabaas by now?


Cockers by the way I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment of your question or the logic behind it, what I would like to know is who you feel is not being given the opportunities that they should?
David Nucifora - Employed by the IRFU since June 1st 2014
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2244
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby thecrouch » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:52 pm

Furlong is a class act.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
User avatar
thecrouch
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2279
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:26 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Rooster » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:43 pm

Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:
Tighter End wrote:'Skanger Thug' ... oh er Missus I love it. I almost over-dunked a hob-knob.
When you say Tadgh is your favourite Leinster based player, you don't actually mean that you like him! You likely mean he'd be last in line, a line consisting their entire squad, to be smacked about the head with an ex-snatch squad baton? Nobody really likes them.

He is barely a Leinster man. Where he's from is probably closer to Cork than Dublin. He's even got a bogger accent.


That is as may be Dave but let's examine basics.

Mexicans:

Rule 1) Only good Mexican dead Mexican

Rule 2) See rule 1.

You are in breach of Ulster-Mexican Relations Guidelines, please take a while to reconsider your attitude.

By the way, "bogger accent", I'm liking your work.

He has west Cork connections. He has a big fcuk off Fenian name and he played GAA. Not like Tommy Bowe, he actually played. Also his dad was a farmer, so he probably stole land off some planter kunt. In many ways he's actually a Donegal man. Ulster thru n thru!

Actually quite a few of the Furlongs down there are Church of Ireland and all the ones I know are decent spuds.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 37348
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:
Tighter End wrote:'Skanger Thug' ... oh er Missus I love it. I almost over-dunked a hob-knob.
When you say Tadgh is your favourite Leinster based player, you don't actually mean that you like him! You likely mean he'd be last in line, a line consisting their entire squad, to be smacked about the head with an ex-snatch squad baton? Nobody really likes them.

He is barely a Leinster man. Where he's from is probably closer to Cork than Dublin. He's even got a bogger accent.


That is as may be Dave but let's examine basics.

Mexicans:

Rule 1) Only good Mexican dead Mexican

Rule 2) See rule 1.

You are in breach of Ulster-Mexican Relations Guidelines, please take a while to reconsider your attitude.

By the way, "bogger accent", I'm liking your work.

He has west Cork connections. He has a big fcuk off Fenian name and he played GAA. Not like Tommy Bowe, he actually played. Also his dad was a farmer, so he probably stole land off some planter kunt. In many ways he's actually a Donegal man. Ulster thru n thru!

Actually quite a few of the Furlongs down there are Church of Ireland and all the ones I know are decent spuds.


Nah Rooster you're confusing them with the Murphys, they are dacent spuds. >EW
BOYCOTT ALL IRELAND GAMES UNTIL THEY SACK THE TYRANT NUCIFORA.

PASS IT ON - THIS MEANS WAR.
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 25554
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby ColinM » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Cockatrice wrote:Would he still be on a development contract or would he have played for the Ravens and maybe got 2 mins against the baabaas by now?


Missing the real question here, would he have had the diddies to match Kyle?
User avatar
ColinM
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7136
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Dublin4 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 pm

The fact is he is not an Ulsterman so get over it! He is a Wexford yella belly like Gordon Darcy.

Hardly any of the Leinster squad are from Dublin 4, contrary to mythology.

The rise of St Michael's College in recent years has meant that there are today players who hail from the illustrious postal district but a few years ago there wasn't a single player who lived in or came from D4.
User avatar
Dublin4
Steward
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Postby Russ » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:29 pm

Dublin4 wrote:The fact is he is not an Ulsterman so get over it! He is a Wexford yella belly like Gordon Darcy.

Hardly any of the Leinster squad are from Dublin 4, contrary to mythology.

The rise of St Michael's College in recent years has meant that there are today players who hail from the illustrious postal district but a few years ago there wasn't a single player who lived in or came from D4.

Nobody likes you
feck off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 23741
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->