Sky Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Sky Sports

Post by Tender »

Removed SkyTV from my abode when YaYa Toure, (a wendyballer ) arrived in the Engurlish Primadonnaship on a weekly wage of £210.00, which his agent then asked if that was net. The ridiculous wages which have destroyed the sport, were largely possible because of the SkyTV deals and the players can now hold the clubs to ransom and the clubs can do nothing about it.
Rugby has some way to go before it falls into the same swamp as wendyball and I hope those in power don't just chase the dosh and put safeguards in place to keep the game real and affordable.
It would be very easy to be seduced by TV companies and their promises of a Worldwide audience and the increased exposure, but IMO the resultant outcome of watching badge kissing mercenaries selling their skills to the highest bidder and demanding transfers because the hairdryer in the changing room isn't hot enough, would be as sickening as wendyballist's wages.
Sky can stick their deal, I'd rather suck Satan's scrotum.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Removed SkyTV from my abode when YaYa Toure, (a wendyballer ) arrived in the Engurlish Primadonnaship on a weekly wage of £210.00, which his agent then asked if that was net. The ridiculous wages which have destroyed the sport, were largely possible because of the SkyTV deals and the players can now hold the clubs to ransom and the clubs can do nothing about it.
Rugby has some way to go before it falls into the same swamp as wendyball and I hope those in power don't just chase the dosh and put safeguards in place to keep the game real and affordable.
It would be very easy to be seduced by TV companies and their promises of a Worldwide audience and the increased exposure, but IMO the resultant outcome of watching badge kissing mercenaries selling their skills to the highest bidder and demanding transfers because the hairdryer in the changing room isn't hot enough, would be as sickening as wendyballist's wages.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Twice
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I witnessed thee most disgusting thing I've ever EVER seen on a wendyball pitch today. John Terry was subbed off on the 26th minute (his number) and given a guard of honour by his team. Mid. Fcuking. Game.

Absolutely​ grotesque. Kuntflaps.

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Avert yer gaze Dave. Since I stopped watching Wendyballbox, I have achieved Nirvana (at least twice) and with a clear head I was able to recognise all the kuntz in the World. It's shortened my Xmas card list by approximately 100%
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:No problema senor Baggy!
That's our Pablo Dave, if he can steal the signal, he'll add it on, he knows the more sports channels the better he will do getting subscribers & I don't think the Guarda Civil give a crap about SKY's profits. :cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I rent the hovel out a fair bit so not worth getting it turned on & off, but over the winter if I've a rake of months with no renters he'll turn it off & put a hold on the DD. Had a TV smashed by 3 Icelandic Motherfu'ckers in April and was having grief getting the signal on the new TV, out comes Pablo the next morning sorts it out, sees a little interference on HD channels & reports it to the company who do our resort TV, fixed within a week, now crystal clear on all channels.

Last July mysteriously my Spanish bank account was blocked, Pablo's payment hadn't gone through for 2 months. I had to sign a non-resident form but the bank didn't bother telling me. Called Pablo but he was on holiday, told his mate what had happened, he said, no problem wait until Pablo comes back. No problems, no threats to cut you off, great guys. Anyone near Murcia looking for sports channels in their gaff, Pablo is the guy.

He is some caballero, mi amigo Pablo.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:No problema senor Baggy!
That's our Pablo Dave, if he can steal the signal, he'll add it on, he knows the more sports channels the better he will do getting subscribers & I don't think the Guarda Civil give a crap about SKY's profits. :cheers: Image Image Image

I rent the hovel out a fair bit so not worth getting it turned on & off, but over the winter if I've a rake of months with no renters he'll turn it off & put a hold on the DD. Had a TV smashed by 3 Icelandic Motherfu'ckers in April and was having grief getting the signal on the new TV, out comes Pablo the next morning sorts it out, sees a little interference on HD channels & reports it to the company who do our resort TV, fixed within a week, now crystal clear on all channels.

Last July mysteriously my Spanish bank account was blocked, Pablo's payment hadn't gone through for 2 months. I had to sign a non-resident form but the bank didn't bother telling me. Called Pablo but he was on holiday, told his mate what had happened, he said, no problem wait until Pablo comes back. No problems, no threats to cut you off, great guys. Anyone near Murcia looking for sports channels in their gaff, Pablo is the guy.

He is some caballero, mi amigo Pablo.
We could do with a few Pablo's over here. Too many Daves for my liking Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

There's a cafe bar near me called Dave's - full Engerlish, fish'n'chips and burgers supplied to Albion's finest inked ambassadors.

He's just opened another one called Dave's II.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Too Many Daves
BY THEODOR GEISEL (DR. SEUSS)
Did I ever tell you that Mrs. McCave
Had twenty-three sons and she named them all Dave?
Well, she did. And that wasn't a smart thing to do.
You see, when she wants one and calls out, "Yoo-Hoo!
Come into the house, Dave!" she doesn't get one.
All twenty-three Daves of hers come on the run!
This makes things quite difficult at the McCaves'
As you can imagine, with so many Daves.
And often she wishes that, when they were born,
She had named one of them Bodkin Van Horn
And one of them Hoos-Foos. And one of them Snimm.
And one of them Hot-Shot. And one Sunny Jim.
And one of them Shadrack. And one of them Blinkey.
And one of them Stuffy. And one of them Stinkey.
Another one Putt-Putt. Another one Moon Face.
Another one Marvin O'Gravel Balloon Face.
And one of them Ziggy. And one Soggy Muff.
One Buffalo Bill. And one Biffalo Buff.
And one of them Sneepy. And one Weepy Weed.
And one Paris Garters. And one Harris Tweed.
And one of them Sir Michael Carmichael Zutt
And one of them Oliver Boliver Butt
And one of them Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate ...
But she didn't do it. And now it's too late.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Absolutely Russ and you being a Toryboy, I'm sure you will insist on paying top dollar. :lol: I'm actually taking mine off at the end of August to prepare for occupation.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Absolutely Russ and you being a Toryboy, I'm sure you will insist on paying top dollar. :lol: I'm actually taking mine off at the end of August to prepare for occupation.
Don''t want young Russ taking too much time off his big job in t'City. He needs to pay his taxes so the likes of us don't have to :lol:
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tighter End wrote:Removed SkyTV from my abode when YaYa Toure, (a wendyballer ) arrived in the Engurlish Primadonnaship on a weekly wage of £210.00, which his agent then asked if that was net. The ridiculous wages which have destroyed the sport, were largely possible because of the SkyTV deals and the players can now hold the clubs to ransom and the clubs can do nothing about it.

Quality Tender, I giggled like a lassie at parts. Your fears might be realised but not before I'm dead I fancy. You have tiny little grounds in general, limited audience compared to the beloved game of the unwashed (Sorry Gary, I know, I do watch occasionally when my mates call, almost never on my own. Believe I am to be summoned to a Belfast Bar to watch the Europa Cup this week) so massive money is a long way off I think if ever.

For example, semi-final full house in Exeter yesterday, full house 12000, makes Mexico's crowd of just under 16000 seem respectable.

It's all a bit Heath Robinson for the flash money.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

With Logie & Co holding us back, it'll likely remain Heath Robinson until long after I visit my last fire.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

According to Walesonline Sky have been outbid for broadcasting PRO14 next season.
Apparently the Irish up and coming station Eir sport have got the deal.
I know Sky only showed a certain number of games and terrestrial TV here has a giant share but if there are games on Eir sport only, then you will pay esp. us with Sky.
I assume it will all pan out but I’m not interested in another pay for view channel.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

10 or 15 only wrote:According to Walesonline Sky have been outbid for broadcasting PRO14 next season.
Apparently the Irish up and coming station Eir sport have got the deal.
I know Sky only showed a certain number of games and terrestrial TV here has a giant share but if there are games on Eir sport only, then you will pay esp. us with Sky.
I assume it will all pan out but I’m not interested in another pay for view channel.
Eir is BT

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk