Remembering Ruan

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

exile-fer-now
Novice

Re: Remembering Ruan

Post by exile-fer-now »

Legend ...... what a player and UlsterMan - deserves a great send off from the supporters and guard of honour from the players - I'll have a tear in me eye.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Heaven forbid he ever becomes a coach though exile - you need to be born in NI for that don't you?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ruan.jpg
Ruan.jpg (163.28 KiB) Viewed 916 times
He will be on the pitch, how long he stays is anyone's guess. Anyway Ruan, away out of that, the privilege is entirely ours, by a distance the best NIQ player ever to grace this island. Thankfully to play in white.

Thank you and farewell, may the sun shine on your blessed countenance and where ever you go in the world, may the wind be always at your back and soft rain fall on your vineyards at the appropriate times of course.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Ruan.jpg
He will be on the pitch, how long he stays is anyone's guess. Anyway Ruan, away out of that, the privilege is entirely ours, by a distance the best NIQ player ever to grace this island. Thankfully to play in white.

Thank you and farewell, may the sun shine on your blessed countenance and where ever you go in the world, may the wind be always at your back and soft rain fall on your vineyards at the appropriate times of course.
Agree with all that Bags. But I am still seething at the fuukking mega stupid IRFU decision to boot him out. This man dedicated the best years of his stellar career to playing in Ulster and has done great things to advance standards and awareness of the game in Ireland. His reward is being told to fekk aff. I'm still trying to figure out whose career he is blocking in Ulster. The whole business wud make ye boke rings roun ye.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Spiffsson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Ruan.jpg

Agree with all that Bags. But I am still seething at the fuukking mega stupid IRFU decision to boot him out. This man dedicated the best years of his stellar career to playing in Ulster and has done great things to advance standards and awareness of the game in Ireland. His reward is being told to fekk aff. I'm still trying to figure out whose career he is blocking in Ulster. The whole business wud make ye boke rings roun ye.
Paul Marshall's obviously, now he's got his extension

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Roger's last day at work too, let's not forget. He also deserves a great send off from Ulster supporters.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Great to see Johann back in town for Ruan's farewell.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

The boys are back in town again..... the boys are back, the boys are back
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:Great to see Johann back in town for Ruan's farewell.
Is he registered?

Did he bring his boots?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

If only the Boys were Back. How many of them give a tinkers? Many of them unfit to be in the same squad as the real Gentlemen and true professional, who is Ruan Pienaar.
A bunch of posers who are living the dream, content to take a wage with no idea what being a pro is all about.
Maybe when the great man is gone, some of these posers will realise how he carried them and they learned nothing.
I doubt we'll ever see his like again. They say 'no one player is bigger than the team' but Ruan could well be the exception.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Great to see Johann back in town for Ruan's farewell.
Is he registered?

Did he bring his boots?
I'm sure podium for sport will give him a pair for a retweet.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Anyone else got a favourite Ruan moment? Here's mine. It's from the days when we were a... what do you call it...... hold on I'll remember in a minute... oh yes... a rugby team.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n8KohOhVTYc

I've watched it dozens of times. The commentator's wee laugh just adds the icing.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Leicester away

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

The massive penalty in Llanelli comes to mind, but I can't single out a moment.
I never fail to be amused when I think back to the numerous posters on this venerable organ who, in his first season, declared that it was a close call between Marshall and Pienaar as Ruan wasn't all that.

ps. I loathe the hypocritical IRFU
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

This...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcuJK4EkrC8

Yep, Ruan's last minute penalty from inside his own half in atrocious conditions to beat Llanelli

And I suppose Norafecker won't have the balls to turn up tomorrow night, even though his favourite team is playing.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians