Remembering Ruan

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Remembering Ruan

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:True legend

True Ulsterman

True gent

We'll always remember you Ryan Pinner :thumleft:
Google translate .......... or bloody autocorrect ? :thumleft:
nah .... just remembering Jimmy Sands.
Was he the biy wot wrote, "a bucket of shyte came over the dyke"? Betye that got a good rendition on Saturday.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Hapax Legomenon wrote:I have it on strong advice that Bryn fought tooth and nail to keep Ruan where he should be, but Nucibastard was unyielding. Don't know about the others, but I'll go out on a limb and say Logan calved in his normal subservient manner.
IN fairness, I too believe Ulster were reputed to have tried hard, however as I've said they should have stated their deep concern over Nacewa's new contract which is the closest parallel to Ruan you will find negotiated this season.

On a slightly different tack, my equally sage brother said something pertinent yesterday whilst lunching well at Ballydrain. It has got to reflect badly on Irish Rugby but equally importantly the Pro12 as a league, that players who are still top quality are driven from the league in their latter years. Ruan & Donnacha Ryan this May.

It has to be bad reputationally for Ireland & the provinces trying to recruit well, and the league will always be in a distant third with advertisers & sponsors when top talent is driven out, something that has to be damaging when so many rounds of the league are already played during international periods.

Of course, neither Nucifora nor Schmidtferbrains give a tinker'sfuc'k about the league and more or less 3 provinces. BIB of course are well looked after.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Nucifecker just loves Nacewa. He has a long history with him. Not that we would suggest that history influenced his decision to allow the mercenary fecker another contract.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Tighter End wrote:Nucifecker just loves Nacewa. He has a long history with him. Not that we would suggest that history influenced his decision to allow the mercenary fecker another contract.
Thornley said as much this am
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Tighter End wrote:Nucifecker just loves Nacewa. He has a long history with him. Not that we would suggest that history influenced his decision to allow the mercenary fecker another contract.
Unlike others, I'm not super bothered about the decision about Nacewa. There are good arguments for Nacewa to stay. What cheeses me off is that none of the good arguments for Nacewa to stay are unique to Nacewa. None don't apply to Pienaar. Apart from this one, obviously...
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Until they screw the lid on my box, I will remain convinced that those at the helm of Ulster Rugby didn't do enough to keep Ruan at Ravenspan.
IMO they should have turned the incident into a media frenzy and a PR disaster for FIRFU. Logie et al should have had their bakes on the tele and in all the rags, both sides of the border, screaming about the hypocrisy and obvious bias after the Nacewa announcement. I dare say two of the other provinces would have supported our cause and UR could have publicly organised a petition (even online) and kept the thing alive in the media by shouting about it at every press release. They should have been leading us from the front, instead of rolling over for a tummy tickle.
I think the lack of any meaningful fight from those who run OUR club, is part of why this is continuing to hurt so badly.
I know the argument about funding etc, but does anyone really believe FIRFU would withdraw the wedge from us Nordie Barstards?
At least if our leaders had done everything possible, then we'd all feel less of an emptiness in the pit of our considerable stomachs. Feck I'm p!ssed off.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Tighter End wrote:Until they screw the lid on my box, I will remain convinced that those at the helm of Ulster Rugby didn't do enough to keep Ruan at Ravenspan.
IMO they should have turned the incident into a media frenzy and a PR disaster for FIRFU. Logie et al should have had their bakes on the tele and in all the rags, both sides of the border, screaming about the hypocrisy and obvious bias after the Nacewa announcement. I dare say two of the other provinces would have supported our cause and UR could have publicly organised a petition (even online) and kept the thing alive in the media by shouting about it at every press release. They should have been leading us from the front, instead of rolling over for a tummy tickle.
I think the lack of any meaningful fight from those who run OUR club, is part of why this is continuing to hurt so badly.
I know the argument about funding etc, but does anyone really believe FIRFU would withdraw the wedge from us Nordie Barstards?
At least if our leaders had done everything possible, then we'd all feel less of an emptiness in the pit of our considerable stomachs. Feck I'm p!ssed off.
I agree, it sums up our pathetic season. Bunch of pansy's, incapable of even trying to compete when it matters. Both on and off the pitch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

One could argue that Ulster got the best years of Pienaar and given how much he has played it is likely he is already into his decline. Of course that doesn't take away from the fact that he felt at home in Ulster and that this leaving is tough on him.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Shan wrote:One could argue that Ulster got the best years of Pienaar and given how much he has played it is likely he is already into his decline. Of course that doesn't take away from the fact that he felt at home in Ulster and that this leaving is tough on him.
Pienaar in decline is still head and shoulders above our 9s next year.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

thecrouch wrote:
Shan wrote:One could argue that Ulster got the best years of Pienaar and given how much he has played it is likely he is already into his decline. Of course that doesn't take away from the fact that he felt at home in Ulster and that this leaving is tough on him.
Pienaar in decline is still head and shoulders above our 9s next year.
Give him another year to transition Cooney in and he could cover 10 when PJ is away with Ireland.

FOLK

FIRFU
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:One could argue that Ulster got the best years of Pienaar and given how much he has played it is likely he is already into his decline. Of course, that doesn't take away from the fact that he felt at home in Ulster and that this leaving is tough on him.
There is no doubt that we did indeed get his best years and I'd agree he is in decline, however, the decline leaves him in a position where most scrum halves could only dream of. The issue is not that however, the issue is that there is a remarkable similarity between him & Nacewa.................. other than Ruan is a gentleman and not a headhunting jersey pulling nasty wee fuc'kbag who could hardly wait to turn his back on his country after 4 minutes of international rugby.

We all know from whatever part of the country we are from that it is a shameful decision. For the FIRFU to leave a province utterly bereft of significant talent in a crucial position? How can you explain it? It is the equivalent of arranging a punishment beating by the :terror: :terror: :terror: for your own child. Criminal? Certainly negligent, utterly inexplicable.

I repeat that this sort of decision has got to cause reputational damage to Irish rugby, of course, many players will happily come, take the money and go, but it will deter "lifers". Just think what Pienaar may have done for another 2 or 3 years, what he might have been able to do to help the likes of young Stewart and maybe Rhys O'Donnell depending what decisions he or UR may make, they may have the stuff that he could bring out that p never had. It may well have set Ruan on the road to coaching here too, though of course, he may or may not be the right man for coaching. We'll never know.

FIRFUbastards.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Baggy I take it you don't wear your Ireland underwear any more and have binned the green pom-poms?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Oh yeah - I am well on record here in relation to the IRFU. I've never had much time for the inner sanctum. Nuci is just another in a long line in Dumplin.

Also agree that even in decline the gap to the others is huge. Only an idiot could think otherwise.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thecrouch wrote:Baggy I take it you don't wear your Ireland underwear any more and have binned the green pom-poms?

Supporting Ireland is no longer an option for me, Crouchie, all I was left with was a slightly warm feeling when they beat England. My Ireland shirt has gone into the bin, the fact that it was getting a bit tight, neither here nor there, I will never buy another one and I've been to my last international game in Dublin.

I may go to watch Spain in the future, interestingly they are the Lions, more accurately Leones, my type of leones. >EW I'll almost certainly buy one of these, very fetching indeed:
Leones.JPG
Leones.JPG (71.58 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Reported 3 year deal for Ruan :thumleft:

Fair play, good deal getting a contract of that length at 33. Never had top class pace therefore I suppose no reason why he doesn't have another 3 season in him.

The countdown until his return has begun, had hoped it would only have been 2.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18