KISS OUT

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: KISS OUT

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:Ok baggy. Try this.

No ticket bought for the match. Then hear Our 2 marquee players are out, oh and our big homegrown stars aren't allowed to play either. At least we have Deysel to give a bit of biff back to them as he did that when i came the first week. Loved seeing him. Oh no wait...

There you go for a much more plausiblereason. Young kids want to be entertained and these are the kind of guys who do that for them.

Lots of people on here complain about the team not being announced until the last minute. If that was being done deliberately so that people may buy tickets during the week based on seeing CP or Marcel or Hendy or whoever when Ulster know these guys have no chance would you be happy about that? If it is all about ticket sales after all.....

Throw in the Pro12 product, zero impact of the SA teams and low crowds generally which could also be affecting Ulster.

Les has already given you more than enough sticks to beat him with and others such as Bazza raising good points around defensive structure are far more reasons to have a go at him than this .
I thought you said these floaters don't pay any attention to the build-up? :scratch:

As for the team announcements, if you have no time for my "small crowd theory", then I'm surprised you don't consider the notion that we "announce late to con the punters" equally spurious and risible.

What we used to do is issue a list of everyone not physically maimed on a Tuesday, name the team the day before the game, so in fact nothing has changed in reality, the 36 man squad was just a nonsense. Move on, SFA to see.

Now as for FOLK..............................
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:Few bakebook moments from the game:

Got on the park n ride bus, bakebooker goes " errr who we playing the night?" The reply was "Scarlets". Bakebooker: "are they French or Italian?"

During the second half a bakebooker gets up and boos and howls, baying for blood!! Why? Halfpenny was taking a kick and the ball fell over. He was booing the ball because it fell over. The ball.

#ballout
Out of curiosity, how do you identify these bakebookers? I have no interest in bakebook and wouldn't know what to look for to recognise one. Do they have a special handshake,are they labelled,or do you just assume if they say something stoopid that they are a bakebooker? :scratch:

Serious question. I'm worried I could be talking to one and not know. :shock:
Their opinions are normally based on what others have said before them, it's a kinda sheep mentality,however I thought you had met one before , ya know, the one that came on Facebook abusing posters when drink taken, had to leave some committee or something over it, no, I must be wrong.

They are very easy to recognise to be honest , they are all logged in on the free wifi, twittering, and bake booking during the game, and posting lots of selfies at the Friday night social event.
Cheers Moley

Never said I hadn't met them.

The thing I was worried about was the ones that I didn't know about.

Just wondered did they now go around with a big flashing light over there head or something more subtle, as others seem to identify them straight off. Personally i don't know they're logged into the wifi , posting selfies, twittering etc because I don't do such things and don't see them. Thanks fer your help though. :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:Few bakebook moments from the game:

Got on the park n ride bus, bakebooker goes " errr who we playing the night?" The reply was "Scarlets". Bakebooker: "are they French or Italian?"

During the second half a bakebooker gets up and boos and howls, baying for blood!! Why? Halfpenny was taking a kick and the ball fell over. He was booing the ball because it fell over. The ball.

#ballout
Out of curiosity, how do you identify these bakebookers? I have no interest in bakebook and wouldn't know what to look for to recognise one. Do they have a special handshake,are they labelled,or do you just assume if they say something stoopid that they are a bakebooker? :scratch:

Serious question. I'm worried I could be talking to one and not know. :shock:
Their opinions are normally based on what others have said before them, it's a kinda sheep mentality,however I thought you had met one before , ya know, the one that came on Facebook abusing posters when drink taken, had to leave some committee or something over it, no, I must be wrong.

They are very easy to recognise to be honest , they are all logged in on the free wifi, twittering, and bake booking during the game, and posting lots of selfies at the Friday night social event.
Cheers Moley

Never said I hadn't met them.

The thing I was worried about was the ones that I didn't know about.

Just wondered did they now go around with a big flashing light over there head or something more subtle, as others seem to identify them straight off. Personally i don't know they're logged into the wifi , posting selfies, twittering etc because I don't do such things and don't see them. Thanks fer your help though. :thumleft:
They are the ones on their phones on a Friday between 8 and 9 pm, apparently. Though I'm not sure if that's local time for the dozen in Fiji.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:Ok baggy. Try this.

No ticket bought for the match. Then hear Our 2 marquee players are out, oh and our big homegrown stars aren't allowed to play either. At least we have Deysel to give a bit of biff back to them as he did that when i came the first week. Loved seeing him. Oh no wait...

There you go for a much more plausiblereason. Young kids want to be entertained and these are the kind of guys who do that for them.

Lots of people on here complain about the team not being announced until the last minute. If that was being done deliberately so that people may buy tickets during the week based on seeing CP or Marcel or Hendy or whoever when Ulster know these guys have no chance would you be happy about that? If it is all about ticket sales after all.....

Throw in the Pro12 product, zero impact of the SA teams and low crowds generally which could also be affecting Ulster.

Les has already given you more than enough sticks to beat him with and others such as Bazza raising good points around defensive structure are far more reasons to have a go at him than this .
I thought you said these floaters don't pay any attention to the build-up? :scratch:

As for the team announcements, if you have no time for my "small crowd theory", then I'm surprised you don't consider the notion that we "announce late to con the punters" equally spurious and risible.

What we used to do is issue a list of everyone not physically maimed on a Tuesday, name the team the day before the game, so in fact nothing has changed in reality, the 36 man squad was just a nonsense. Move on, SFA to see.

Now as for FOLK..............................
Baggy - if you actually read what i wrote it was that most floaters probabky didn't listen to what HE said (ie Les, Kiss, FOLK or whatever else we want to call him). That is a Big difference from saying they don't bother checking who is in the team (although some of these much talked about Bakebookers may not, but then again they wouldn't even know who Les/FOLK was).

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree on this one. Hopefully punters who decided to watch at home or spoke to people who went to the game will be encouraged to attend more often, whatever Les says. :red:
Hamsterdam
Novice

Post by Hamsterdam »

When is LKs contract up???
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Christmas
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Hamsterdam wrote:When is LKs contract up???
3 years
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
3 years
From?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Probably rolling, his handler in Dublin wants to creater maximum damage do if we want shot of him it's expensive.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
3 years
From?

Think it's a 5 year contract but unsure when it actually started
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Hamsterdam
Novice

Post by Hamsterdam »

Surely not 5 years. Is there a source for this?

I can't find anything definite via twitter www. If his year would surely be looking at extensions / options now.

Ps anyone hearing how Clarkey getting on at Ospreys? They haven't started great.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Hamsterdam wrote:Surely not 5 years. Is there a source for this?

I can't find anything definite via twitter www. If his year would surely be looking at extensions / options now.

Ps anyone hearing how Clarkey getting on at Ospreys? They haven't started great.
You answered your own question there.....
Hamsterdam
Novice

Post by Hamsterdam »

Personally accepting the predictive text errors I don't think I did DD. But thanks anyway......

I now know LK officially commenced role in November 2015. So even if a 3 year contract there is still over 1 year to go. A 5 year contract seems unlikely to me so a source would be welcomed.

I would be interested to know given title of the thread and theories that, like Doak / Clarke, contracts can be allowed to "run out".
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Question; Anyone hear how Clarkey getting on at Ospreys?

Answer; They haven't started great.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Why was Rory not allowed a hit out in a lower league when POC was?