KISS OUT

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: KISS OUT

Post by Rooster »

solidarity wrote:
exile-fer-now wrote: Luke speaking out about the Ruan situation, it seems as if the players have had their gagging orders finally removed -
What are you referring to here, Exile? You got a link?
Ulster centre Luke Marshall has revealed not even his fellow players can understand the decision to force Ruan Pienaar out of Irish rugby.

The Kingspan hero played his last game for the province in Saturday's victory over Leinster and will move to France this summer after the IRFU blocked an attempt to give the South African World Cup winner one last contract extension to allow him and his young family to see out his career in Belfast.

And while Pienaar's tearful farewell weekend will have made for rather uncomfortable viewing for some of the game's decision makers, Marshall told how the Ulster dressing room still find their team-mate's exit mystifying.

"As players we're annoyed," he said.

"We don't understand the decision to be honest. I suppose we can't air our frustrations too much against our employers but I can totally understand the supporters' feelings."
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 90270.html
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Luke must have been told he's not going to Japan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I haven't been Luke's biggest fan over the last 3/4 months but I'd never accuse him of not trying, and neither he nor any player has let me down. If they have a feeling that they've let themselves down then I'll not disagree, they need to be better, they need to use the coming changes to get better, hopefully in a less toxic atmosphere, despite the main numpty still being there.

You do wonder how wise it is for players to speak out, I know there have been several who have been saying things not to be attributed to them. We know what happened and has happened with Cave's "face not fitting" and perhaps Luke sees with the beatification of you Ringpiece that he'll only have a peripheral acquaintance with team Joe so fair play boy. Pity your immediate bosses hadn't been publicly vocal at several times during the year, whether Ruan's fate was sealed or not.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I just re-watched the SDC match against Toulose from last year. I have to say Luke Marshall and Stuart McCloskey were excellent. The defence was very good. That's the night we nilled them. The linespeed was terrific from the pack, this allowed Stu and Luke to take man and ball.

Trimble was magnificent, as was Henry. Now I could be cherry picking one of the best performances​ from last season but a good few players seemed to have declined. Some due to age perhaps. When the system is working our players can flourish. There definitely too many flaws in our approach this year. When does Jonno get here?

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Rooster wrote:
solidarity wrote:
exile-fer-now wrote: Luke speaking out about the Ruan situation, it seems as if the players have had their gagging orders finally removed -
What are you referring to here, Exile? You got a link?
Ulster centre Luke Marshall has revealed not even his fellow players can understand the decision to force Ruan Pienaar out of Irish rugby.

The Kingspan hero played his last game for the province in Saturday's victory over Leinster and will move to France this summer after the IRFU blocked an attempt to give the South African World Cup winner one last contract extension to allow him and his young family to see out his career in Belfast.

And while Pienaar's tearful farewell weekend will have made for rather uncomfortable viewing for some of the game's decision makers, Marshall told how the Ulster dressing room still find their team-mate's exit mystifying.

"As players we're annoyed," he said.

"We don't understand the decision to be honest. I suppose we can't air our frustrations too much against our employers but I can totally understand the supporters' feelings."
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 90270.html
Thanks Rooster. As clear an interview as you're likely to get.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That's Luke out of the summer tour squad.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Fecking echo in here

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Because of the superinjunction?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Because of the super injunction?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

No
Yes

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Luke Marshall appears alongside Keet and Jaymeeeeee on the summer tour PR campaign

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Luke Marshall appears alongside Keet and Jaymeeeeee on the summer tour PR campaign

That's why Luke has been undroppable for Ulster.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:Luke Marshall appears alongside Keet and Jaymeeeeee on the summer tour PR campaign

His recognisable face and scrumcap sells tickets to New Yorkers

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:

His recognisable face and scrumcap sells tickets to New Yorkers

And landrovers
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

How can you sell tickets to Land Rovers?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.