Ospreys Vs Ulster 290417 LIVE UPDATES

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ospreys Vs Ulster 290417 LIVE UPDATES

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:Looks bad to be continually sacking and paying off coaches

Maybe something else is wrong

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
As the young man who once described one of my more draconian haircuts by enquiring "Is that the F A Cup?" would doubtless agree, I'm all ears.

Preach on Brother Russ, spill yer guts and tell us some gospel. T'is Sunday after all.
I know nothing Baggy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Hapax Legomenon wrote:No speed in attack or defence
No aggression at the breakdown
No support runners
Not a team, just a group of players totally dependant on individual efforts.
Bad attitude, bad game plan, bad season now over.
I'm really struggling to give Kiss a bye ball on this debacle.
Weak passive clusterballix
Can you not read? It's all here in various threads. Do you think we've made it up, is my Road to Damascus about turn on Kiss not so obvious that it could be just a whim with no proper confirmation of its veracity? He is a disaster. And yes he is above Bryn in the command structure, but do we think Col Blimp is that stupid that he has no idea what's going on whatsoever?

Why would you excuse him when he is a minimum of 90% of the problem. The other 2 clowns of course with their longstanding feud are a part of the problem, but they have both long since been sidelined. KISS is the problem that has to be solved.
Kiss.jpg
Kiss.jpg (34.15 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Furthermore, having grasped full control of playing matters early this season, having failed to make a semi-final with the only credible team below us Glasgow, if he had an ounce of honour he would offer his resignation.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:Rums identified the kick chase as a weakness is totally correct.
Common knowledge is that you can tell the mental state of a side by the manner in which they kick chase alone ie inaccuracies, not working in tandem and not chasing down the tackle with intent.
That sums up exactly where our side is at perfectly.

I'm always loathed to blame refs though when there was so much else lacking in our play.

He did indeed and correctly is right, however, his summary that "lacey is a jinx" is risible.

You'd do well not to, nothing to do with Lacey, the speed of that break left all the officials trailing in its wake, there is no way they could have seen it. The only man, sorry the only men who could have done anything about that try were the TMO (who sounded like an Ulsterman) & any one of 15 Ulster players. No one made any appeal, threw their arms up or did anything but march under the posts.

That apart there is nothing of consequence to attempt to besmirch Lacey about/for.

As for no ball carriers, Ulster carried the ball over 700 metres, about 250 more than Ospreys. That above everything else should tell you all you need to know about the performance, butchered chances, just like Limerick, no control, two Lions playing crap, which is not something I usually say about Rory but do increasingly about Hendy. And as poor a game as I recall from Paddy in many many moons, again not something I often say.

For me the supporting cast did their job yesterday, the alleged game changers didn't, though Charless was nowhere near as poor as in Limerick. Got to love Gilroy for effort, flawed as it often is, got to hate KISS for everything including his failure to even countenance playing his top scorer other than for 20 minutes when he could have been involved in 3 tries, maybe more.

I yearn for the chance to see Cave playing with Stockcube in the centre, neither Olding nor McCloskey can pass water never mind a ball, Olding beats players sideways, his stepping usually unproductive and killing momentum, Stockcube just breezes past them.

Who would you trust to give him the correct timed passes, the only one I know is Cave. As for Luke, they say God loves a trier but by fuc'k he's been trying my patience all season, a player I hate to dislike for few try harder week in week out, but he's been mince since January, albeit he's scored a couple of recent tries. Our entire attack has foundered in the centres this season and our DOR seemingly doesn't notice.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Alright, let's try and salvage some positives from that.

- Treadwell continues to get better with every game
- Reidy is a wonderfully consistent performer
- Stockcube continues to be our best back, a constant threat with the ball. Maturity will ensure he doesn't spurn those opportunities next time.
- Timoney looks like he has something about him. He wasn't fantastic, but he was lively and busy. Carried ok.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Treadwell can certainly carry the ball. Big man puts himself about which is good to see.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:Alright, let's try and salvage some positives from that.

- Treadwell continues to get better with every game
- Reidy is a wonderfully consistent performer
- Stockcube continues to be our best back, a constant threat with the ball. Maturity will ensure he doesn't spurn those opportunities next time.
- Timoney looks like he has something about him. He wasn't fantastic, but he was lively and busy. Carried ok.
For me Reidy is the player of the season, early on Ludik was giving him a run for that but he has missed too much to be a contender and no other regular player has been consistently good for the season.
Treadwell also looks the part and the forgotten man Pete inspector Brown was a bit of fresh air about the side as well this season

Our forwards in general are not as bad as made out and our backs are not as good as made out, but the entire team smacks of being seriously badly coached and thus have lost their fecks to give on the pitch.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I actually thought At the end Lacey had a reasonable outing the Os were playing on the edge of offside in the line most of the game but in the end the fact remained Ulster lost because they tried to hard individually and forgot to play as a team and were mentally beaten by a hill to high to climb .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Just on the forward pass..... the lack of interest in any of our players to engage the ref and challenge speaks volumes for the total lack of street sense that has been with this squad since Mueller left. No leaders of men but then again we have a joke leader at the top a man who claims to be Sandhurst trained and to have led special forces and bottling firms alike.. employing a Walter Mitty to command brings with it problems and in the past few years they have found their way into the set up.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Marcell for captain
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Rums identified the kick chase as a weakness is totally correct.
Common knowledge is that you can tell the mental state of a side by the manner in which they kick chase alone ie inaccuracies, not working in tandem and not chasing down the tackle with intent.
That sums up exactly where our side is at perfectly.

I'm always loathed to blame refs though when there was so much else lacking in our play.

He did indeed and correctly is right, however, his summary that "lacey is a jinx" is risible.

You'd do well not to, nothing to do with Lacey, the speed of that break left all the officials trailing in its wake, there is no way they could have seen it. The only man, sorry the only men who could have done anything about that try were the TMO (who sounded like an Ulsterman) & any one of 15 Ulster players. No one made any appeal, threw their arms up or did anything but march under the posts.

That apart there is nothing of consequence to attempt to besmirch Lacey about/for.

As for no ball carriers, Ulster carried the ball over 700 metres, about 250 more than Ospreys. That above everything else should tell you all you need to know about the performance, butchered chances, just like Limerick, no control, two Lions playing crap, which is not something I usually say about Rory but do increasingly about Hendy. And as poor a game as I recall from Paddy in many many moons, again not something I often say.

For me the supporting cast did their job yesterday, the alleged game changers didn't, though Charless was nowhere near as poor as in Limerick. Got to love Gilroy for effort, flawed as it often is, got to hate KISS for everything including his failure to even countenance playing his top scorer other than for 20 minutes when he could have been involved in 3 tries, maybe more.

I yearn for the chance to see Cave playing with Stockcube in the centre, neither Olding nor McCloskey can pass water never mind a ball, Olding beats players sideways, his stepping usually unproductive and killing momentum, Stockcube just breezes past them.

Who would you trust to give him the correct timed passes, the only one I know is Cave. As for Luke, they say God loves a trier but by fuc'k he's been trying my patience all season, a player I hate to dislike for few try harder week in week out, but he's been mince since January, albeit he's scored a couple of recent tries. Our entire attack has foundered in the centres this season and our DOR seemingly dhoesn't notice.
Yep all of that.
Think blaming Lacey for defeat at the Ospreys is a bit like blaming 9/11 on Bin Ladens beard
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

No point in catching up on this one on iPlayer then?
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

damianmcr wrote:Marcell for captain
Will his body allow him to play any more rugby next year than he has this year is my concern Damo?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

shamalicious wrote:No point in catching up on this one on iPlayer then?
:lol:

No.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Marcell for captain
Will his body allow him to play any more rugby next year than he has this year is my concern Damo?
Fingers crossed.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Ahh feck, so now he has bad fingers and dodgy knees!
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.