Ospreys Vs Ulster 290417 LIVE UPDATES

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ospreys Vs Ulster 290417 LIVE UPDATES

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Some folk (no not, FOLK) will consider this madcap and perhaps biased given, my fulsome support for him over the years, but there is a player who is articulate, knows what he's doing on the pitch and if the team wasn't selected by a clampit, would play every time he's fit, furthermore we seen him organising on the pitch and furthermore there is no way on God's green & blue Earth that Schmidt will call on him. That to me is captaincy material.

I give you Darren Cave.........................if he's still at Ulster next year. If I were him I'd be off looking for a contract with a club where they select their best players and not who some dipshit in D4 tells him to.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

If he has recovered from his injury then it has to be Coetzee as captain for me. Guaranteed starter and soneone who can hopefully lead the likes of Reidy and Tredwell on to greater things.

Baggy - i know you and some other on here have a soft spot for Cave who has always given his best for ulster but when he did play i don't think he was much better this season than any of our other centres. He'll be up against Olding, Marshall, McCloskey, Ludik and Stockdale for the cnetre spots at various times and i'd question whether he would or should be a regular starter next season. The others were pretty crap this season also but they were all good enough to get capped and quite honestly can't be as bad as they were this season. If they are then they should follow Madigan'd steps.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Marcell won't be playing for the boks unless they change the rules again, this would make him an ideal captain. With DC vice captain.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Marcel HAS to be skipper next season - he's not tarnished by years of under-achievement and I like the way he says "yah" frequently during interview.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:If he has recovered from his injury then it has to be Coetzee as captain for me. Guaranteed starter and soneone who can hopefully lead the likes of Reidy and Tredwell on to greater things.

Baggy - i know you and some other on here have a soft spot for Cave who has always given his best for ulster but when he did play i don't think he was much better this season than any of our other centres. He'll be up against Olding, Marshall, McCloskey, Ludik and Stockdale for the cnetre spots at various times and i'd question whether he would or should be a regular starter next season. The others were pretty crap this season also but they were all good enough to get capped and quite honestly can't be as bad as they were this season. If they are then they should follow Madigan'd steps.
Well done Bart, you make your argument then shoot it full of holes. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:Marcel HAS to be skipper next season - he's not tarnished by years of under-achievement and I like the way he says "yah" frequently during interview.
So do I Justin, but I suspect he'll have enough on his plate getting and staying fit and shaking off the cobwebs of over year of little or no rugby.

Muller was not captaining in his first season, Rory was. If someone says next season will not be Marcell's first season I will find you and I will laugh in your face.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

next season will not be Marcell's first season. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right