Ospreys Away Sat 29 Apr 3pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ospreys Away Sat 29 Apr 3pm

Post by Rooster »

jean valjean wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
jean valjean wrote:Diack up in front of the cameras today so he may start. Is AWJ back for ospreys? They could well hammer us up front and i dont want to even consider the backrow they will select. In saying that they have been crap lately so we might have a chance. Stockdale should start.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
AWJ back training, might play Sat or could be given another week and held back for their big game at Scaaarlets next week.
This is a huge game for Ospreys, win this and they are pretty much in the playoffs (we'd have to try bonus point Leinster and hope Ospreys get no points against the Scarlets). Can't see them holding anyone back.
Ospreys are bound to see this game as much more winnable than scarlets away. AWJ will start if he is anywhere near fit. Our best chance is a dry day and high scoring affair like last year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Last year though they needed a 4 try bonus or nothing which left them turning down penalties in front of the posts for a kick down the sidelines going for trys
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Hapax Legomenon wrote:
caledoniancelt wrote: Drop Piutau and bring back Ludik. Stockdale should start instead of Trimble
and Little to bench if fit.
I''d agree with absolutely none of that. Piutau has had one bad game carrying an injury and Trimble needs to find some form. I would put Stockdale at 13 with Marshall at 12. McCloskey and Olding on the bench with Ludik at 15.
Send Piutau back home. Lazy boy:)
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Hapax Legomenon wrote:
caledoniancelt wrote: Drop Piutau and bring back Ludik. Stockdale should start instead of Trimble
and Little to bench if fit.
I''d agree with absolutely none of that. Piutau has had one bad game carrying an injury and Trimble needs to find some form. I would put Stockdale at 13 with Marshall at 12. McCloskey and Olding on the bench with Ludik at 15.
I think if you do that then it's Gilroy on the bench and not Olding.

I'd play LL, AAT, Luke, Big Stu and Charlie, with Stockdale and Olding to finish.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Game is on Sky Sports 1/BBC2 NI. Neither side pulling up trees with their recent form. The winner of the game should finish 4th. A fun trip to the RDS looking likely for that team :roll:

Maybe a team selection similar to:

Payne, Trimble (c), Marshall, McCloskey, Piutau, Jackson, Pienaar;
Warwick, Best, Herbst, FVDM, Treadwell, Henderson, Henry, Reidy

Black, Herring, Rodney, AOC, Diack, Marshall, Olding, Stockdale

Discuss.... :duck:
OK, I'll discuss it.

An Ulster team without Cave in the centre does not and in all but a couple of matches, one of which Cave featured in, has not clicked all season against a team of any consequence. I am just an aged jumped up self-declared fuc'king expert but that is as clear as day, yet when did Dublin's plant last play Cave, and for an extra coconut when did he has start in the 13 jumper? FOLK.

I know received opinion is that surely O'Connor couldn't have another game in him after so many recent starts, but unless injured why would FOLK play VDM now having ignored him for months? Why has he ignored the team's lineout banker? Has it anything to do with D4? I think we know it has.

Charless - I saw most of the Munster match last night - his traipsing shambling non-effort to defend for the Wandering Ongus's try was just an utter disgrace, fecker should be ashamed of himself. Then again, is he at his wits end? Is he muttering WTF a hundred times a day - in a Christian type of way, appalled at being coached by a dickhead masquerading as a coach/DOR and pondering how best to exit and thinking staging a mini-strike on the pitch is a good way to provoke a storm? If it's the latter he hasn't yet learned enough about either Les Kiss or Ulster Rugby for apathy reigns supreme.

The team is being ruined in front of our eyes yet the answer appears, ach sure it'll be grand when Jono Gibbes sorts it all out. If that wee fusty baked wee back til front gets in Gibbes's way I'll personally pay for his execution. :roll:

I'm still appalled at how blind I was to the bullshite unfolding at Spanners when one man was fuc'king it up badly enough for three & the appalling black humour that is his retention and the gassing of the two stooges, and by "stooges" I mean the guys set up for the fall, and not that they are necessarily gormless.

By the way, does anyone know if Cave is leaving? I'm assuming he is since he can't get into this magnificent incomparable matchday squad never mind a fcuking start.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

With Henry and Cross out, we might see Timoney again? It would be a great learning experience to play against Tipuric. Selecting Wilson would be a more FOLK like thing though. Roger needs the game time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cave still suffering from his bang on the napper, doubt we will see him again this season unless by some miracle we make it to the final.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Rooster wrote:Cave still suffering from his bang on the napper, doubt we will see him again this season unless by some miracle we make it to the final.
Rooster I think you've had a bang on the napper :D

If Cave is unfit I'd go with Payne at 2nd centre, I prefer him at full back but given how at sea Olding and Marshall have been defensively I'd drop them both. Lets see if Payne can shore things up. The strain our back row not covering the ground to aid our centres I believe is a myth.

Is Ludik fit? I'd drop Charlie like a stone, not the worst performance I've witnessed in an Ulster shirt, but certainly the worst if you pro rata it against the quality he has.

Stockdale, Trimble (c), Payne, McCloskey, Ludik, Jackson, Pienaar;
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Swop Ludik and Stockdale around and you could be on a winner No.9
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Thinking Payne may still be out as an after thought. :duh:

I'm not a real fan.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Rooster wrote:Cave still suffering from his bang on the napper, doubt we will see him again this season unless by some miracle we make it to the final.
Rooster I think you've had a bang on the napper :D

If Cave is unfit I'd go with Payne at 2nd centre, I prefer him at full back but given how at sea Olding and Marshall have been defensively I'd drop them both. Lets see if Payne can shore things up. The strain our back row not covering the ground to aid our centres I believe is a myth.

Is Ludik fit? I'd drop Charlie like a stone, not the worst performance I've witnessed in an Ulster shirt, but certainly the worst if you pro rata it against the quality he has.

Stockdale, Trimble (c), Payne, McCloskey, Ludik, Jackson, Pienaar;
Payne not fit either so back to the head scratching :scratch: :thumleft:
Rory Best
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Les will go with Marshall and Olding in the centres, he will stick to his gameplan of 3rd time lucky :duh:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

How is Payne a Lion if he's not fit?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Russ wrote:How is Payne a Lion if he's not fit?

He is one of those guys that doesn't need game time. He'll just rock up and play well.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He is lion/6 nations fit. Not pro 12/Irish summer tour fit.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Ditto Conor Murray and AWJ then.

I wish Ulster would go back to giving us the lengthy weekly list of who injured/not available so we can avoid people going off on one about non-selections when players aren't actually fit anyway. :roll: