Les Kiss, Ulster DOR or Dublin Plant?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Les Kiss, Ulster DOR or Dublin Plant?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have become increasingly perplexed with the decision making on selection in recent months, I would have described myself as a Kiss Loyalist until perhaps a month ago.

I have said here that I believe he deserves a run in charge with coaches of his own choosing but slowly, then increasingly quickly it has dawned on me that it is ludicrous to believe he is in anyway inhibited by his underlings. The buck stops with Kiss and in my opinion he and his selections have cost Ulster several points and cost us position and quite probably a finish outside the top 4.

If anyone sees it differently please tell me, why on God's green and blue earth would anyone select a centre pairing who have the previous week missed more tackles in a game than any centre pairing since Borders left the league?

My question now is this, is Les Kiss selecting the players he considers will be best in a particular game or is he selecting players based on who Ireland, represented by Schmidt and Nucifora as possible long term benefit to Team Ireland. Is Kiss working for Ulster or Ireland.

All indications point to an unhappy camp, I think my previous understanding may well have been wrong. I believe Kiss may well be a fuc'king balloon.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Les Kiss, Ulster DOR or Dublin Plant?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I have become increasingly perplexed with the decision making on selection in recent months, I would have described myself as a Kiss Loyalist until perhaps a month ago.

I have said here that I believe he deserves a run in charge with coaches of his own choosing but slowly, then increasingly quickly it has dawned on me that it is ludicrous to believe he is in anyway inhibited by his underlings. The buck stops with Kiss and in my opinion he and his selections have cost Ulster several points and cost us position and quite probably a finish outside the top 4.

If anyone sees it differently please tell me, why on God's green and blue earth would anyone select a centre pairing who have the previous week missed more tackles in a game than any centre pairing since Borders left the league?

My question now is this, is Les Kiss selecting the players he considers will be best in a particular game or is he selecting players based on who Ireland, represented by Schmidt and Nucifora as possible long term benefit to Team Ireland. Is Kiss working for Ulster or Ireland.

All indications point to an unhappy camp, I think my previous understanding may well have been wrong. I believe Kiss may well be a fuc'king balloon.
Darren Cave's face doesn't fit ....... apparently.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FIRFU were concerned about Leo Cullen not having enough experience, so they brought in Stuart Lancaster and Graham Henry. When Doak was causing concern, we got Les. Who were they really concerned about and who could they not give a fcuk for?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:FIRFU were concerned about Leo Cullen not having enough experience, so they brought in Stuart Lancaster and Graham Henry. When Doak was causing concern, we got Les. Who were they really concerned about and who could they not give a fcuk for?
They even let us wait till they were finished with him before he got sent to us :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I have become increasingly perplexed with the decision making on selection in recent months, I would have described myself as a Kiss Loyalist until perhaps a month ago.

Darren Cave's face doesn't fit ....... apparently.

Congratulations, a coconut for the Cap'n, certainly one of the mysteries of Kiss selection. Other correct nominations may collect their coconuts at reception. Roll up roll up, name the dumb selections.

On Cave, can anyone name the precise date when he became surplus to requirements? A bonus coconut is available.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Ludik also seems surplus to requirements , before his concussion he was a serious contender for player of the season , plays anywhere from 12 to 15 yet though he was supposed to be fit didn't feature last week either
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:FIRFU were concerned about Leo Cullen not having enough experience, so they brought in Stuart Lancaster and Graham Henry. When Doak was causing concern, we got Les. Who were they really concerned about and who could they not give a fcuk for?
They even let us wait till they were finished with him before he got sent to us :roll:
That's not right Rooster, Kiss was identified as the worlds top coach, and good enough to wait for.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:
Rooster wrote:
That's not right Rooster, Kiss was identified as the worlds top coach, and good enough to wait for.
That was the biggest load of horlix going, for a start he never was more than a defence coach and by the look of things Dinger Bell was better anyway.
Has anyone ever hear of a team hiring a coach to take over a vacancy months after the vacancy appears ?
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:Has anyone ever hear of a team hiring a coach to take over a vacancy months after the vacancy appears ?
Shoor, that is now official Ulster defence policy - we fill a vacancy in midfield defence long after it appears, ..... unfortuantely it is also long after the opposition has run through it .....
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rooster wrote:Has anyone ever hear of a team hiring a coach to take over a vacancy months after the vacancy appears ?
Shoor, that is now official Ulster defence policy - we fill a vacancy in midfield defence long after it appears, ..... unfortuantely it is also long after the opposition has run through it .....

In contrast to the attack policy where we fill wing vacancies 18 months before they appear, whether they appear or not
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

In contrast to the attack policy where we fill wing vacancies 18 months before they appear, whether they appear or not
At least he didn't wreck his knees between signing and arrival, something strange about that.
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Of course he's a Dublin plant. D4 pay his wages, albeit in the guise of UR.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

We are playing more attractive rugby this year than we were last under Doak ball tactics.

With a bit of Jono Gibbes tighten up fluid to grease the forward engine I would like to think we would have beaten Munster home and away this season. That's a six league point swing on current standings putting us in second place.

A full season with Marcel Coetzee playing next to no rugby also has not helped.

A hair of a horses whatsits from a home semi. That's my tuppence.

#lesmiserableshatersout
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sadly no.9 you are as blind to the facts as I was a month ago. Kiss is a huge part of the problem, the dressing room does not respect him, they almost exclusively prefer Doak, and even Clarke is a toss up with Kiss for their regard.

As I said Exile, though not spot on in support of himself/his brother/his son/ his best mate, was not a mile from the truth, Kiss is a fussy wee interfering son of a bitch who thinks he knows more than he does, obstructs those who know a bit more and couldn't pick a dingleberry from his hole never mind a rugby team. This is multisourced information and therefore gospel (or just about conceivably not), sooner or later he will be sacked hopefully before another season is entirely shot through by incompetence.

He's Dublins boy and they don't give a tinker'swank about Ulster, just that whoever they want developed gets developed, if that fits with what is good for Ulster, ok, if not, they have few to zero fecks to give.

I'm preaching here No.9 this is gospel, ask anyone you know who is ITK, Dave will almost certainly confirm the veracity of my spake.

FOLK..... and take yer wee fusty moustache with ye.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:We are playing more attractive rugby this year than we were last under Doak ball tactics.

With a bit of Jono Gibbes tighten up fluid to grease the forward engine I would like to think we would have beaten Munster home and away this season. That's a six league point swing on current standings putting us in second place.

A full season with Marcel Coetzee playing next to no rugby also has not helped.

A hair of a horses whatsits from a home semi. That's my tuppence.

#lesmiserableshatersout
If you think this is attractive rugby I'd hate to see your missus.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?