Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

September 2018

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30

Who is online

In total there are 34 users online :: 6 registered, 2 hidden and 26 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, big mervyn, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Neill_M, SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 651299
Total topics 19049
Total members 2922
Our newest member andy123

Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 5 votes
  

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:46 am

BR wrote:Solid - I have been a ST holder for a wee while now. Before that I went to all the home games (so buying a ST was just economics). It was never about only going to watch a winning team - believe me. Although during that wee relatively successful spell, I was glad a ST gave me a better chance of securing tickets for knockout phases.

But last season, it was the rugby that put me off; not the results. Our results (especially at the start of the season) were actually better than the rugby.

So I decided not to renew and return to buying on a match by match basis. Then if the shìte continued, I could leave it for a few weeks until my BP returned to an acceptable level.
So then in May I recalculate the economics and the ST still looks good value. (Of course that was based on a 22 match competitive league)

But it was actually watching the T14 that swayed it. Renewed my faith in rugby, so too speak. The suggestion that Gibbes would have at least some opportunity to transfer that style to Ravenhill, is what sealed the deal.

We have known since November that there was a fair chance we would have to dispense with the services of two dckheads. What we did not know (and still don't) is the modified league system. That is the factor which makes me wonder if my purchase was a mistake.

**Edit - I also did not know about the IRB's plans to make rucks even less competitive. That may also prove to be a factor come renewal time next year.


With you entirely on the quality, we served up last year, a few matches excepted. Where I take a different attitude is the rule changes at the ruck.

You say less competitive, I say less of a bloody mess. The two changes I like are the penalty for kicking the ball out of the ruck, always thought it both dangerous and almost impossible to do if not offside, and the tackler no longer being able to compete for the ball irrespective of where he is in relation to the ball. The latter I would suggest caused more incorrectly given penalties than any other situation so as stated, to make the game easier for both ref & spectators to "call" I support it.

You could well argue that simplifying everything isn't in the best interests of the game, I'd find that hard to argue, I just like those changes.

The Law changes with the scrum took a couple of goes to get right but they have become much less farcical over the last few seasons, we no longer get reset after reset, barring the France Wales 120 minute spectacular when Barnes made a dick of himself. I hope these changes work just as well.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29495
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby BR » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:47 am

Much easier to kick the ball forward from an onside position than to hook it backwards. Unless refs start applying 15.5b then you will little chance of winning a ruck as the defending team. Increasingly like a play-the-ball.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17024
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby Tender » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:03 pm

BR, without a quote facility I cannot reprint your post in relation to my rant, but some folk are indeed suggesting picking certain games to attend and not buying a season ticket because they don't enjoy it as much as they once did.
There are no guarantees, one may decide to buy a ticket to watch Ulster play Munster and both teams play like they couldn't give a tinkers and that game turns out to be shyte. They've still paid in advance.
I know they'll save money by not buying an ST and that's their choice. What I don't get is their need to validate the decision by spouting about it on here.
Go if you enjoy it, don't go if you don't . Buy a season ticket if you want to and don't buy one if you don't think you'll enjoy it.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2297
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby Snipe Watson » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:17 pm

Tender wrote:BR, without a quote facility I cannot reprint your post in relation to my rant, but some folk are indeed suggesting picking certain games to attend and not buying a season ticket because they don't enjoy it as much as they once did.
There are no guarantees, one may decide to buy a ticket to watch Ulster play Munster and both teams play like they couldn't give a tinkers and that game turns out to be shyte. They've still paid in advance.
I know they'll save money by not buying an ST and that's their choice. What I don't get is their need to validate the decision by spouting about it on here.
Go if you enjoy it, don't go if you don't . Buy a season ticket if you want to and don't buy one if you don't think you'll enjoy it.

Spouting on here is what on here is for.
If there were no spouting there'd be no here.
Can't speak for others, but I don't come here for anything other than blowing off steam and having a laugh.
This is not the place for serious discourse or for validating anything.
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22826
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:05 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:
Tender wrote:BR, without a quote facility I cannot reprint your post in relation to my rant, but some folk are indeed suggesting picking certain games to attend and not buying a season ticket because they don't enjoy it as much as they once did.
There are no guarantees, one may decide to buy a ticket to watch Ulster play Munster and both teams play like they couldn't give a tinkers and that game turns out to be shyte. They've still paid in advance.
I know they'll save money by not buying an ST and that's their choice. What I don't get is their need to validate the decision by spouting about it on here.
Go if you enjoy it, don't go if you don't . Buy a season ticket if you want to and don't buy one if you don't think you'll enjoy it.

Spouting on here is what on here is for.
If there were no spouting there'd be no here.
Can't speak for others, but I don't come here for anything other than blowing off steam and having a laugh.
This is not the place for serious discourse or for validating anything.


Killjoy, I love getting all serious, outraged & occasionally outrageous, then I look away from my laptop & bingo, I'm me again. Anyway, you are a liberty to differ of course, but although they seem to be eternally circular, I've enjoyed many debates on her serious & not so, sometimes you can post exactly the same thing two weeks later and people react like it's an original thought. I like getting maximum value for my original thoughts. And that Sniper baby is what arsefoonery is all about.

Thing is, never expect anyone to be converted or even admit that - "there could just be something in what you say".
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29495
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby BR » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:19 pm

Tender wrote:...
There are no guarantees, one may decide to buy a ticket to watch Ulster play Munster and both teams play like they couldn't give a tinkers and that game turns out to be shyte. .


Funny you should say that, for it was the Munster game this season when clarity finally hit me with regards to Kiss's shortcomings.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17024
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby Tender » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:48 pm

Stay off the wife's Prozac.
Watch any interview he's ever given since his arrival here and alarm bells start ringing.
I shouldn't judge folk for bitching and moaning about buying STs. I'm minted, so I don't give a feck about wasting a few shekels on mediocrity. Better that than Coke and Booze.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2297
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby Snipe Watson » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:00 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Tender wrote:BR, without a quote facility I cannot reprint your post in relation to my rant, but some folk are indeed suggesting picking certain games to attend and not buying a season ticket because they don't enjoy it as much as they once did.
There are no guarantees, one may decide to buy a ticket to watch Ulster play Munster and both teams play like they couldn't give a tinkers and that game turns out to be shyte. They've still paid in advance.
I know they'll save money by not buying an ST and that's their choice. What I don't get is their need to validate the decision by spouting about it on here.
Go if you enjoy it, don't go if you don't . Buy a season ticket if you want to and don't buy one if you don't think you'll enjoy it.

Spouting on here is what on here is for.
If there were no spouting there'd be no here.
Can't speak for others, but I don't come here for anything other than blowing off steam and having a laugh.
This is not the place for serious discourse or for validating anything.


Killjoy, I love getting all serious, outraged & occasionally outrageous, then I look away from my laptop & bingo, I'm me again. Anyway, you are a liberty to differ of course, but although they seem to be eternally circular, I've enjoyed many debates on her serious & not so, sometimes you can post exactly the same thing two weeks later and people react like it's an original thought. I like getting maximum value for my original thoughts. And that Sniper baby is what arsefoonery is all about.

Thing is, never expect anyone to be converted or even admit that - "there could just be something in what you say".

I suppose we do occasionally brush up against a serious topic or two, but I'm too lazy to be bothered with epic posts or protracted discussions.
Arsefoonery is surely the currency of choice around here. :thumleft:
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22826
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby Tender » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:10 pm

Protracted discussions are usually better with friends, Guinness, Roquefort and without the keyboards.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought we were here to take the p1ss.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2297
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby solidarity » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:19 pm

I can never tell the difference between serious discussion and demented twaddle

even when I write it.
User avatar
solidarity
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1309
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:33 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Tender wrote:BR, without a quote facility I cannot reprint your post in relation to my rant, but some folk are indeed suggesting picking certain games to attend and not buying a season ticket because they don't enjoy it as much as they once did.
There are no guarantees, one may decide to buy a ticket to watch Ulster play Munster and both teams play like they couldn't give a tinkers and that game turns out to be shyte. They've still paid in advance.
I know they'll save money by not buying an ST and that's their choice. What I don't get is their need to validate the decision by spouting about it on here.
Go if you enjoy it, don't go if you don't . Buy a season ticket if you want to and don't buy one if you don't think you'll enjoy it.

Spouting on here is what on here is for.
If there were no spouting there'd be no here.
Can't speak for others, but I don't come here for anything other than blowing off steam and having a laugh.
This is not the place for serious discourse or for validating anything.


Killjoy, I love getting all serious, outraged & occasionally outrageous, then I look away from my laptop & bingo, I'm me again. Anyway, you are a liberty to differ of course, but although they seem to be eternally circular, I've enjoyed many debates on her serious & not so, sometimes you can post exactly the same thing two weeks later and people react like it's an original thought. I like getting maximum value for my original thoughts. And that Sniper baby is what arsefoonery is all about.

There could just be something in what you say. :thumleft:
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12869
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby pwrmoore » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Russ wrote:
Gary wrote:Norrie went to the IFA. Basically same job as at Ravers.

She's nothing to do with Linfield.

Don't know about Ethel.
If she works at Windsor doing the same job she did at Ravenhill then she works for linfield

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Maybe she went to Windsor Ave rather than Windsor Park....
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11574
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby pwrmoore » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Tender wrote: but some folk are indeed suggesting picking certain games to attend and not buying a season ticket


Perhaps Les should publish a list of his "must win" games and that would make the choice of which games to attend easier. UR could even offer a season ticket that includes "Must win" games only . Win-Win :fleg: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11574
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby BR » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:19 pm

pwrmoore wrote:
Tender wrote: but some folk are indeed suggesting picking certain games to attend and not buying a season ticket


Perhaps Les should publish a list of his "must win" games and that would make the choice of which games to attend easier. UR could even offer a season ticket that includes "Must win" games only . Win-Win :fleg:

But it's volatile throughout the season.

After we lose a few must-win games, they are replaced by other games which were formerly nice-to-win games, until by the pointy end of the season we have moved the no-point-even-trying games onto the list.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17024
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Postby namron » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Methinks there will be more than a few must win games not won this year BR. just watched Logans interview on Bakebook...comedy gold
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
User avatar
namron
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:24 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, big mervyn, Google [Bot], SemrushBot and 17 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->