Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Post by Tender »

Gave it up last night. Had a large Gin and climbed the wooden hill feeling like Napoleon's troops trudging away from Moscow.
Went into work this morning and on first attempt got it sorted.
So I'd like to apologise in advance to all those members who inhabit the Mem Stand.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Sky Go hasn't worked on Firefox for at least a couple of months now since they "upgraded" it. :roll:

Not sure if that is because of the Firefox upgrade or Sky Go upgrade,but the fact that it no longer works on Chrome suggests it is the Sky thingy. :roll:

Some "upgrade" that doesn't work at all, when the previous downgrade worked fine. :banghead:

Says they are working on it, but how many months do they need? I have IE now on my taskbar only for the rare occasion I watch Sky Go.
You lucky as when I finally got it to work on IE then it said too many puters registered and had to wait a month to re register same computer again, Sky Go is just a fiasco
I was on the same computer I previously waatched on Firefox with, so no change in computers.

However, I have chopped and changed computers repeatedly before at a moment's notice with no difficulty and no waiting. You just de-register one and then register another. :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Sky Go hasn't worked on Firefox for at least a couple of months now since they "upgraded" it. :roll:

Not sure if that is because of the Firefox upgrade or Sky Go upgrade,but the fact that it no longer works on Chrome suggests it is the Sky thingy. :roll:

Some "upgrade" that doesn't work at all, when the previous downgrade worked fine. :banghead:

Says they are working on it, but how many months do they need? I have IE now on my taskbar only for the rare occasion I watch Sky Go.
You lucky as when I finally got it to work on IE then it said too many puters registered and had to wait a month to re register same computer again, Sky Go is just a fiasco
I was on the same computer I previously waatched on Firefox with, so no change in computers.

However, I have chopped and changed computers repeatedly before at a moment's notice with no difficulty and no waiting. You just de-register one and then register another. :scratch:
Tells me I have done my change for the month and can't change again all the time and have to wait for a Sky month which appears to be 6 weeks at times.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Maybe they've changed the T&Cs.

Very easy previously to allow every (trusted) Tom Dick and Harry access to Sky Go simply by giving them a password. Maybe they've cottoned on to how easy to abuse it may have been.

Whenever I had to change access from one computer to another it was usually because my cub had added another phone/tablet/puter or whatever to watch on wherever he may have been, so I just removed one of his. Now he has Sky of his own although I haven't checked but he may still have one or more of his devices linked to mine simply because I don't use all my allowed devices.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Rooster wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Tells me I have done my change for the month and can't change again all the time and have to wait for a Sky month which appears to be 6 weeks at times.
Nah it's only a month but they charge you for 6 weeks Image

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Sky Go works on Silverlight

MS couldn't agree terms with Google and Mozilla for Silverlight support

Ergo you're stuck with MS based products

You've been helped

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Sky Go works on Silverlight

MS couldn't agree terms with Google and Mozilla for Silverlight support

Ergo you're stuck with MS based products

You've been helped

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Aye but it only works with IE and not Edge if you have got that useless heap of shiite called Windows 10
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

My Sister-in law goes on MS respite in Fermanagh. I don't think Bill Gates contributes. He doesn't care.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Friend is trying to reduce number of STs he is renewing. Anybody worked out how to do it?

Or has anyone moved to a new area by (as they tell you) clicking on 'buy new' and managed to get the loyalty discount on their new ticket. When I click on buy new, it comes up with full price tickets.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

To reduce the number get on the phone and talk to them. I don't think it can be done online.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Friend is trying to reduce number of STs he is renewing. Anybody worked out how to do it?

Or has anyone moved to a new area by (as they tell you) clicking on 'buy new' and managed to get the loyalty discount on their new ticket. When I click on buy new, it comes up with full price tickets.
What Tightner says, phone them, he is lucky being a terrace dweller as I have heard of people trying to drop 1 in the stands and they won't permit as it would leave a single seat so you actually have to ditch your 2 seats and then take up one of the other available single seats.
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:Friend is trying to reduce number of STs he is renewing. Anybody worked out how to do it?

What Tightner says, phone them, he is lucky being a terrace dweller as I have heard of people trying to drop 1 in the stands and they won't permit as it would leave a single seat so you actually have to ditch your 2 seats and then take up one of the other available single seats.
Too late - 'symptomatic of the shambles that is Ulster Rugby', he's not going to bother.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tighter End wrote:My Sister-in law goes on MS respite in Fermanagh. I don't think Bill Gates contributes. He doesn't care.
Something we have in common Tender, I too have a sister in law with MS. Her partner is driving a project in Donegal to build a 3 bedroom respite/holiday home kitted out with all the machinery that advanced MS sufferers require so that families with a sufferer can get a holiday together without having to worry about equipment. The Bakebook page even has a snap of yours truly at a sponsored walk last summer. It's a not for profit set up, I just hope they can reach their target before Patricia dies so she can see her idea flourish.

https://www.facebook.com/HoistAway/
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Of course, what else can I do to justify the whinging..... mind you still waiting on the phone call from some of the boys. Funny how they never get the coaches to ring and thank supporters? What could they be afraid of?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Commendable work on the MS Holiday Home Bags. I quit bakebook about five years ago, around the time I stopped watching and listening to the news.
I applaud the concept of bakebook, but it's been swamped with morons who seem self obsessed and totally plastic. I hear yuths delete posts which get less than 10 likes! I don't need to know what you had at Nando's and their dog dressed up in a French Maid's outfit tells me all I need to know about them.
I often wonder how many road traffic accidents are caused by bakebookers checking their status?

Re Season Tickets... the online system seems about ten years behind the times. It refuses to work on many commonly used operating systems and even then it only works if it's a straightforward purchase.
Many years ago whilst on holiday in Catalonia, I was able to select seats for the Camp Nou and later upgrade them using a fecking ATM machine.
UR's system shatitself when I tried using a three month old iPad, a Dell laptop running Windows 10 and another using Windows 8 (Shyte).
I honestly hate moaning, but FFS why do we have to put up with this shyte?
Heh it's a Friday,

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday I'm in love

I don't care if Monday's black
Tuesday Wednesday heart attack
Thursday never looking back
It's Friday I'm in love...