Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Post by scrum5 »

Kofi Annan wrote:The Kingspan experience is okay if your a bake booking sports fan, but as a rugby supporter it's become a place I no longer enjoy, if I go , it's to meet up with old friends and have a few beers, or Gin and Tonics, mind you they need to get some better Gins in. The rugby is hard to watch, so it's not hard to decide to give it a miss some night.
Unfortunately many feel the same
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:The Kingspan experience is okay if your a bake booking sports fan, but as a rugby supporter it's become a place I no longer enjoy, if I go , it's to meet up with old friends and have a few beers, or Gin and Tonics, mind you they need to get some better Gins in. The rugby is hard to watch, so it's not hard to decide to give it a miss some night.
Great place to do business and catch up with my uni mates

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sadly you are totally correct and their gin is crap as well
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Next season is our season, buy your season ticket as a matter of urgency.

#lesmiserableslive #gibbesstayinalive #themusical
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

I renewed without even thinking about it. The rugby hasn't been great this season, but I've been going regularly for about 12 or 13 years now and to be honest, it has never been consistently great anyway. We won the Celtic league around about the time I started turning up more or less every home match. Since then we've made the Heiny final - after finally learning how to get past the group stages - and been to a Pro 12 play off final and a few semis. In most of these we've been humped by Leinster and never really looked like winning. In all the time I've been watching, my stand out memory is the Heiny quarter final win away to Munster. So, my reasons for going to Ravenhill aren't tied up with Ulster playing sparkling, winning rugby. I enjoy meeting up with mates and having a few pints. I enjoy the matches more if we play well and win, but I still enjoy them even when we're shyte. The bottom line is, if I wasn't at Ravenhill I'd be sitting at home watching it on the box.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

big mervyn wrote:It's the type of injury as much as the frequency. How many concussions do these lads suffer in a career? God knows what's in store for them down the line.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39630540

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Oh feck me pink. I really thought I'd never experience the level of gurning I encountered whilst following Glentoran, but you lot have raised the bar to doped-up Olympic levels.
So 'the Rugby is crapola, the Kingspan is only fit for bakebookers, players are all gonna die from concussions, the Gin is shyte, only half ST holder renewed, so it'll be empty next season, we're all going to Hell in a handcart'... did I miss anything?
I'm still a newbie and I only bought a ST this year because I realised the number of games I'd attended had increased year on year over the past 10-12 yrs and it made financial sense.
I know we can have a moan about things when we don't win and the 9 from 12 games we lost was pityful, but at no point during that collapse, did I consider not renewing, or question my purchase.
I feckin love it. I enjoy the privilege of watching the only professional game in town. I get to see some fantastic players and to laugh at the Daves. I enjoy watching a game I love, pint in hand, surrounded by fellow supporters, many of whom have shared their deeper knowledge with me and all this in a non threatening environment, with easy access and good facilities in a purpose built stadium.
You lot must have feck all else to moan about.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

You must be a real supporter :duck:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Or perhaps I'm just not a moaning bitch.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tighter End wrote:Or perhaps I'm just not a moaning bitch.
Hard to beat moaning bitch
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Tighter End wrote:Oh feck me pink. I really thought I'd never experience the level of gurning I encountered whilst following Glentoran, but you lot have raised the bar to doped-up Olympic levels.
So 'the Rugby is crapola, the Kingspan is only fit for bakebookers, players are all gonna die from concussions, the Gin is shyte, only half ST holder renewed, so it'll be empty next season, we're all going to Hell in a handcart'... did I miss anything?
I'm still a newbie and I only bought a ST this year because I realised the number of games I'd attended had increased year on year over the past 10-12 yrs and it made financial sense.
I know we can have a moan about things when we don't win and the 9 from 12 games we lost was pityful, but at no point during that collapse, did I consider not renewing, or question my purchase.
I feckin love it. I enjoy the privilege of watching the only professional game in town. I get to see some fantastic players and to laugh at the Daves. I enjoy watching a game I love, pint in hand, surrounded by fellow supporters, many of whom have shared their deeper knowledge with me and all this in a non threatening environment, with easy access and good facilities in a purpose built stadium.
You lot must have feck all else to moan about.
I have a lot of riding to do, moaning is only a part of it "fantastic players" you got lots of autographs and selfies then.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Ger I'm feckin 57yrs old and only autograph I ever had was W.J. McBride's, which was given to me as part of my prize at school sports day. Never understood the lust for someone's scribbled name.
As for selfies, I leave those to the entitled generation and the toy tankers who use Bakebook and Twatter.
It's so easy to be a cynic and riding those rubber dolls will make most people moan. Heh take some fun when you can.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Ger I'm feckin 57yrs old and only autograph I ever had was W.J. McBride's, which was given to me as part of my prize at school sports day. Never understood the lust for someone's scribbled name.
As for selfies, I leave those to the entitled generation and the toy tankers who use Bakebook and Twatter.
It's so easy to be a cynic and riding those rubber dolls will make most people moan. Heh take some fun when you can.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Do you think if the PR team just announced Ruan was staying then ignored it some people might not notice until next season when they realise he's not here for the first match?
Last edited by Deraless on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

After watching Clermont today I'm looking forward to Gibbes transforming our pack.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18