Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Post by Tender »

I might be a tad Meldrew, but isn't 10000 a very strange number? PR schpeel from some scobblelotcher in UR.
They probably won't know the number until the last minute rush to buy, from all those hold-outs who swore they wouldn't renew, but have now reconsidered their rather rash decision after the inspirational performance against Wasps. It's bound to bump it up. It might go as high as 10002, but that's just my unabashed optimism.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I don't believe it.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I see what you did there .... did anyone else see what he did there ... ?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:I wonder could we get a sousaphone into Ravers? No,wait, why would we want to? We've got a whole band!
A sousaphone is just a f*cked up tuba.
I believe it is officially, a marching tuba.

As for silence for kickers, it is well worth keeping unless you have the situations such as Toby Flood taking 80 minutes preparing a kick when he was rightly razzed, any guldering in the Sarries calumny was likewise acceptable, but I abhor the NZ fans who are as bad as the FRench when it comes to idiotically attempting to put off the kicker.

Note to Ron'n, you will see kickers respected at Welford Road in the same fashion as in Ireland. Other Lionelstadia, I cannot vouch for. Wouldn't expect anything approaching manners in Weegieland, & Scaaaaaaaaaaaaalets only seem to respect kickers because there is no crowd present.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:I wonder could we get a sousaphone into Ravers? No,wait, why would we want to? We've got a whole band!

As for silence for kickers, it is well worth keeping unless you have the situations such as Toby Flood taking 80 minutes preparing a kick when he was rightly razzed, any guldering in the Sarries calumny was likewise acceptable, but I abhor the NZ fans who are as bad as the FRench when it comes to idiotically attempting to put off the kicker.

Note to Ron'n, you will see kickers respected at Welford Road in the same fashion as in Ireland. Other Lionelstadia, I cannot vouch for. Wouldn't expect anything approaching manners in Weegieland, & Scaaaaaaaaaaaaalets only seem to respect kickers because there is no crowd present.
It should be noted that NZ fans are the worst fans

Though that's more down to wider NZ culture

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

I can vouch for Franklin's Gardens as a ground that remains silent for kickers.
I went to an England U20's game there a few years ago and a group, who were not quiet during a kick, were promptly reminded over the tannoy, that it was not Saints way, which I suppose is fair enough :thumleft:
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I was at that game. The group who were warned simply faded away with their tails suitably tucked, went out to the car park and Nitromorsed all the cars. It's a culcha thang.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Am I missing something? Views on the two year season ticket deal.....

What are the benefits? A two year price hold.... meh I'll take my chances.

In all probability they'll be cheaper year after next, guaranteed drop off from the "we are brill" brigade.

Sad thing is, Ulster have alienated themselves from their core fans, therefore this hit in expected season ticket non renewal could be even bigger than anticipated.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

the two year 'offer' is as transparent as to be insulting.

I'm wavering at present. I only have one avenue open to me to protest the way the club has been run and that's the withdrawal of monetary support. Ulster are going to have to offer more than 2 Nights with Bryn to convince me that they've paid even the slightest bit of notice to fan concerns.

The absconding of a variety of blazers and suits will be acceptable if they decide to make their absence permanent. I'd be keen to hear exactly what UR suppose I get out of the deal after tickets, flights, and the public embarrassment of supporting a directionless team and organisation are totalled.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I'm currently a firm no.

This season has been soul destroying. Setting the price of the season ticket aside, for me a match day is a 75 mile, 5 hour investment and currently the return on that investment has fallen way short of the mark.

I'm going to give UR an opportunity to change my mind when I attend Bryn's sales pitch this day week. It would need to be good.

I'll also be watching how UR react to the verdict in a couple of weeks time. If the two jackasses are not treated justly, I'll be a goner.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Had enough last year and didn't renew. Not going to be signing up for next year unless our 'review' has some suitable outcomes. I don't mind watching a team not winning if I believe in where they're going.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:I'm currently a firm no.

This season has been soul destroying. Setting the price of the season ticket aside, for me a match day is a 75 mile, 5 hour investment and currently the return on that investment has fallen way short of the mark.

I'm going to give UR an opportunity to change my mind when I attend Bryn's sales pitch this day week. It would need to be good.

I'll also be watching how UR react to the verdict in a couple of weeks time. If the two jackasses are not treated justly, I'll be a goner.

You said that last year until Mrs Snipe told you she couldn't stand yer gurny ould bake on a Friday night so get that ticket renewed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've had time to repent at leisure for complying with the war office's diktat. I understand your feelings just the same and I'm with you on the jackass's aka two young gentlemen. For me it's not a huge decision, I'll only be talking a few games at best but I had firmly intended to keep the ticket, so it's very easy for me to bring the "vision" into things as a pointer one way or the other.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Im gone.... Its simply not worth the money for the return. The periferal shyte wuth signing Daves, sacking coaches, top shaggers, the band, etc us just added ammo to my epiphany - Lifes too short to waste on this ballix.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I'm also out after a ween o' years. That's me done. The Omnishambles that is Ulster has finally taken me over the brink. Even 2008/2009 wasn't this bad. Until the CEO, the blazer bluffers and the likes of Malone and Peel are gone, I see no short to medium term improvement. This is a 5 year plan that needs to start now, not after endless "reviews." A good start would be a professional CEO and board who know how to run a professional rugby club.
If there was a glimmer, I'd renew, but at the minute, I've better things to spend my money on, other than an organisation that doesn't give a flying feck about it's core support, nor developing it's own. Dark days
Exterminate all rational thought
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I'm currently a firm no.

You said that last year until Mrs Snipe told you she couldn't stand yer gurny ould bake on a Friday night so get that ticket renewed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've had time to repent at leisure for complying with the war office's diktat. I understand your feelings just the same and I'm with you on the jackass's aka two young gentlemen. For me it's not a huge decision, I'll only be talking a few games at best but I had firmly intended to keep the ticket, so it's very easy for me to bring the "vision" into things as a pointer one way or the other.
Not telling her this year!!