Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Post by Rooster »

Joe Schmo wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:What ever happened to supporting your team through thick and thin. SUFTUM

Unconditional love and loyalty. SUFTUM

:fleg: :red: :fleg: :red: :fleg: :red: :fleg: :red: :fleg: :red: :fleg:

SUFTUM SUFTUM and more SUFTUM
true but UR are run by a bunch of twats and some of the performances over the last two seasons were pure guff it makes it hard to want to part with your hard earned cash. Sometimes you feel like the players are laughing at you all the way to the bank, so sometimes your feelings of loyalty get stretched a little. The pr they spout acting like they're brill and we should SUFTUM because you're not a real fan if you don't (of course don't SUFTUM too much or might break one or two match day commandments) gets on my wick too.

Not looking forward to this season which is sad but there you go.
Sure they are still selling tickets based on 1 friendly, 11 league and 3 Supa Dupa
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Not caring is the future, once the angst, disappointment and bitterness that drives you to non renewal passes, its actually quite liberating.

You get to go the odd game of your choice, take the kis, have a beer, talk shyte, marvel or laugh at the quality of rugby on the pitch and then go home without disappointment... marvellous. its only supporting rugby, its not that important
Last edited by nonplussed on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FFS. Get behind the team (as picked by Les).
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

As a man in the know Dave, you know I no longer care about pro rugby in Ulster. You also know that I will however take my kids when they want to go.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Rooster wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:What ever happened to supporting your team through thick and thin. SUFTUM

Unconditional love and loyalty. SUFTUM

:fleg: :red: :fleg: :red: :fleg: :red: :fleg: :red: :fleg: :red: :fleg:

SUFTUM SUFTUM and more SUFTUM
true but UR are run by a bunch of twats and some of the performances over the last two seasons were pure guff it makes it hard to want to part with your hard earned cash. Sometimes you feel like the players are laughing at you all the way to the bank, so sometimes your feelings of loyalty get stretched a little. The pr they spout acting like they're brill and we should SUFTUM because you're not a real fan if you don't (of course don't SUFTUM too much or might break one or two match day commandments) gets on my wick too.

Not looking forward to this season which is sad but there you go.
Sure they are still selling tickets based on 1 friendly, 11 league and 3 Supa Dupa
see, we're suckers and they know it ImageImage
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

nonplussed wrote:As a man in the know Dave, you know I no longer care about pro rugby in Ulster. You also know that I will however take my kids when they want to go.
NP I'm sorry to say you have this parenting thing all wrong, you are making a heavy rod to beat the back clean off you. Children should never ever be allowed to set the agenda, they should be taken to things that in the considered opinion of their parents will either be good for them in some way or other, but never ever because they want to. Them wanting to should be a minor consideration. Always ask, "Can I be arsed with this projected outing", if the answer is no, let them try their mother, if she can't be arsed, shitcan the idea.

Take it from me, I'm a bloody expert, indeed an expert with two very well adjusted chil ................... oh, houl on. As you were. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

For the record, when the impending omnishambles is announced, of course, I'll have plenty to say but come hell, high water or neap tide, I shall be at the matches unless gravely infirm or dead. Fu'ck all begrudgers. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Russ wrote:
Gary wrote:Norrie went to the IFA. Basically same job as at Ravers.

She's nothing to do with Linfield.

Don't know about Ethel.
If she works at Windsor doing the same job she did at Ravenhill then she works for linfield

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
But she doesn't work at Windsor Park for Linfield and she deals with IFA tickets. She has nothing to do with LINFIELD.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I think the cactus got left behind as I overheard her tell someone she was leaving due to "too many pricks".
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gary wrote:
Russ wrote:

Don't know about Ethel.
If she works at Windsor doing the same job she did at Ravenhill then she works for linfield

But she doesn't work at Windsor Park for Linfield and she deals with IFA tickets. She has nothing to do with LINFIELD.
Someone should have fecking clarified that earlier

TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Gary wrote:
Russ wrote:

Don't know about Ethel.

Linfield/IFA is there a difference.
Available for weddings May to August only
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Not since 1911
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Assuming that Ulster don't have a snowball's chance of winning anything this year, why renew? Why watch at all? My top ten answers, in no particular order:

To enjoy the drama of sport, played at a decent level.
To enjoy the skills of some seriously good players, both Ulster and opposition.
To enjoy a bit of crack with yer mates.
To get out and about after a week at work.
To say that, in some way or other, I'm part of the community that is represented by these guys.
To revel in the unexpected win.
To look after my own psychological wellbeing (curiously one of the things sport doesn't do is release pent up anger).
To get at least a wee bit of physical exercise.
To have something to talk about through the week

I thought I might get ten but ran out of steam at eight and added a bluffy ninth. No doubt there are more somewhere.

UR just took the latest chunk of cash from my bank account a day or two ago so I'm in for the next season.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

You've got it in one solidarity. Totally agree. I thought about not renewing and then realised how much I would miss my Friday nights out with friends, to enjoy a bit of good craic and to rejoice when we do win no matter where in the league we may be.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

For many the 10th reason is

to be able ? to complain and write shyte on this forum .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist