Mike Ross

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Re: Mike Ross

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

A moron troll?
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:I don't understand this fuss about coaches and a scrum coach especially while we haven't dominated the set piece like Leinster I can't remember to many occasions when the Ulster scrums has been dominated and held its own in the set piece.

Where Ulster are weak is the loose and I can't for the life of me figure how a scrum coach is going to improve the loose play of forwards .

But then there is this fnn frame of mind that everything is solved by coaches -- for the love of use your brains its a back row that Ulster need not a scrum coach.
Ron'n I have no doubt that you & Allen Clarke would get on famously, for he too doesn't worry about detail, if you win a lineout you win a lineout, how doesn't matter.

Not the slightest thought in your head that "holding your own" isn't what the height of our ambitions should be, no recall of the scrum going backwards at an alarming rate against Bordeaux in January. If you think the back row is our only issue then you aren't paying attention. We have a reasonable crop of young props, including the new LH, no thought in your mind that a go scrum coach might improve them.

The back row will effectively have two very good additions in the new season - should by some miracle they remain fit. If they do our back row should be transformed and of course, Jono was an All Black loose forward so of course, you need have no concerns, he'll be all over that. I dare say he knows a fair bit about the entire pack but nobody knows propping like a prop.

Maybe you just think it's just all peachy, why worry about additional expertise? Anyway, it's all blether here Ron'n, I've seen no evidence that it has any substance.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

if Ulster had a limitless Budget certainly go for it but personally I'd prefer a back row to compete and that requires at least 4 players of near International standard .

And while Henderson is of that Standard playing second row as a back row it's no cigar . Leinster have at least 4 as good if not better and Munster 3

if you can't compete in the back row an all conquering scrum isn't worth the full of your a--- of roasted snow .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist