Ulster v Barbarians Thu 1st June

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ulster v Barbarians Thu 1st June

Post by Tender »

Wait until the drugs testing results are in. We'll be awarded the win.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

for an unrecognisable Ulster backline and light weight back row ,that performance was quite reasonable with the usual cameo of the Pee Wee .

On that performance the wrong centre is in the Irish squad .

Keane is nowhere near ready for the Pro 12 -Rea with a lot of Gym work over the summer months could feature next year he reminds me of a young Henry or Wilson - the frame is there , the heart is there , a bit more physical presence and he might be an answer .

Hopefully the imports stay fit and give him time to grow into the game .

The ref was off the score and out of tune with the game his penalty try was a bad joke the Baas failed to score not because the front failed to stay down but because their back row failed to control the ball - you don't give penalty trys in an exhibition match .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

rumncoke wrote:for an unrecognisable Ulster backline and light weight back row ,that performance was quite reasonable with the usual cameo of the Pee Wee .

On that performance the wrong centre is in the Irish squad .

Keane is nowhere near ready for the Pro 12 -Rea with a lot of Gym work over the summer months could feature next year he reminds me of a young Henry or Wilson - the frame is there , the heart is there , a bit more physical presence and he might be an answer .

Hopefully the imports stay fit and give him time to grow into the game .

The ref was off the score and out of tune with the game his penalty try was a bad joke the Baas failed to score not because the front failed to stay down but because their back row failed to control the ball - you don't give penalty trys in an exhibition match .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Rea looked bigger than Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rea looked big, athletic and likely to feature next season. This was an exhibition game, but there were a lot of serious operators out there.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

With Reidy rested for three months because he benched against Japan and I don't think Marcell will be rushed back in, Rea should get plenty of game time. Injury permitting.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

you only had one job.jpg
you only had one job.jpg (103.67 KiB) Viewed 655 times
p - 11 years at Ulster as a professional, he gets a perfect pass from his fellow midget, he only has one thing to do, the line is at his mercy .......................................and he fuc'ks it up.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

He actually had to things to do but got the first wrong

The first was ensure he was running at pace which would enable him to catch the ball and stay on side he got that wrong and dropped the ball .

Basically it is the cause of many last pass missed chances a common mistake of wingers and the reason why a tap ahead is sometimes a better option than the pass .

As a against that he did actually get his tap and go right with a nice little off load to AoC to score .

So not all negative unfortunately for Pee Wee the negative stays in the memory longer .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Hopefully both Rea's will get chances this year.

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

He actually had TWO things to do!

I attended the Model SECONDARY School.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

kingofthehill wrote:Hopefully both Rea's will get chances this year.

Rea Jr looked nothing special in the u20's match on wednesday. If he can't stand out against a bunch of U20's, there's no way he's ready for senior rugby
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:He actually had to things to do but got the first wrong

The first was ensure he was running at pace which would enable him to catch the ball and stay on side he got that wrong and dropped the ball .

Basically it is the cause of many last pass missed chances a common mistake of wingers and the reason why a tap ahead is sometimes a better option than the pass .

As a against that he did actually get his tap and go right with a nice little off load to AoC to score .

So not all negative unfortunately for Pee Wee the negative stays in the memory longer .

For that nonsense you get the trousers too/to/two (select on that fits with your intended meaning)
Kissshoes.JPG
Kissshoes.JPG (28.01 KiB) Viewed 535 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:

Rea Jr looked nothing special in the u20's match on wednesday. If he can't stand out against a bunch of U20's, there's no way he's ready for senior rugby

By all accounts he is the more talented of the brothers.

Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:

Given that Ireland we collectively awful for all of the game bar the first 8 minutes of the second-half, it's probably not the best game on which to judge the contribution of any given player.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Neil F wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:

Given that Ireland we collectively awful for all of the game bar the first 8 minutes of the second-half, it's probably not the best game on which to judge the contribution of any given player.
That one against Italy falls in line with the performances I've seen from him with the u20s so far but I remain hopeful.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Neil F wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:

Regardless if they were collectively awful he didn't seem to want to carry or tackle and most of the time he was standing at the ruck not doing anything. Players can look good in a collectively bad team, as Nash and Tynan did

Looks like he needs to fill out a good bit more before hitting seniors as well. But he is only 19/20 which, for a back row, unless you're freakishly good, is probably too young to be thrown in. I'd be happy to give him a year or two