Ulster v Barbarians Thu 1st June

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Ulster v Barbarians Thu 1st June

Post by Neill_M »

1st names released by the Baa Baas for their games v England (Sun May 28th) and Ulster at the end of the season:

Head Coach Vern Cotter has called up Adam Ashley-Cooper (Australia), Will Genia (Australia), Facundo Isa (Argentina) and Census Johnston (Samoa), who bring a wealth of Test experience with them and those four France-based players will be joined by Corey Flynn (New Zealand) and Connacht's Bundee Aki.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Barbarians Thu 1st June

Post by Rooster »

Very poor ticket sales by look of things
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I've just been looking up some info on Lord Shaftesbury the 19th century social reformer. Seems his name was Anthony Ashley-Cooper. So how did a branch of the great family get to produce an Aussie rugby player? :scratch:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

solidarity wrote:I've just been looking up some info on Lord Shaftesbury the 19th century social reformer. Seems his name was Anthony Ashley-Cooper. So how did a branch of the great family get to produce an Aussie rugby player? :scratch:
Convicts of that era were sent to prison

Prison so happened to be Australia

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Heard something about a woman called Mary whose other half Michael ended up in Australia. Didn't get a surname though.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Heard something about a woman called Mary whose other half Michael ended up in Australia. Didn't get a surname though.
I heard that at a rugby match one time - some guy called Love was playing on the wing. Don't remember much more than that.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

The convict thing could be right - the Ashley-Coopers have got form: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... esbury.htm and it's in the Mail so it must be true!!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:The convict thing could be right - the Ashley-Coopers have got form: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... esbury.htm and it's in the Mail so it must be true!!
He was no Square.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Rooster wrote:Very poor ticket sales by look of things
Well it clashes with Sir James Galway at the Waterfront tbf.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

justinr73 wrote:
Rooster wrote:Very poor ticket sales by look of things
Well it clashes with Sir James Galway at the Waterfront tbf.
URPR will have to go full time sales and begging mode then to fill the place.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

solidarity wrote:I've just been looking up some info on Lord Shaftesbury the 19th century social reformer. Seems his name was Anthony Ashley-Cooper. So how did a branch of the great family get to produce an Aussie rugby player? :scratch:
Solids, in those days, being a member of the Arseo'crockery more or less ensured you were involved to some degree of criminality, be it simply treating folk like slaves, asserting droit du seigneur, murdering an underling. There's no real indication that it's changed, nowadays folk rob you not with a pistol but with a fountain pen (or biro, but more likely keyboard), and in most cases, they can afford a higher level of justice than tramps like you or I. :lol:

In any event, if AAC plays at Spanners I think we should all yell "convict" at him to make him feel at home.

Poor ticket sales is an outrage, don;t some bast'ards know this is the last time they will see Ruan in white. Very disappointing if true. Perhaps Saracens methods of filling a stadium may be required.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Solids, in those days, being a member of the Arseo'crockery more or less ensured you were involved to some degree of criminality, be it simply treating folk like slaves, asserting droit du seigneur, murdering an underling. There's no real indication that it's changed, nowadays folk rob you not with a pistol but with a fountain pen (or biro, but more likely keyboard), and in most cases, they can afford a higher level of justice than tramps like you or I. :lol:

In any event, if AAC plays at Spanners I think we should all yell "convict" at him to make him feel at home.

Poor ticket sales is an outrage, don;t some bast'ards know this is the last time they will see Ruan in white. Very disappointing if true. Perhaps Saracens methods of filling a stadium may be required.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Sadly I'll be out of the country on 1st June. Is there any hope of the match being on TV or otherwise recordable?

I'll also be out of the country for the pro12 final but that's not exactly keeping me awake at night.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well, I've long since bought my ticket but more top players announced Thierry Dusuitoir in what will be his last game as pro rugby player announced today, together with Maxime Medard, Patricio Albacete and Jeremy Thrush to add to earlier announced players. Could be an extravaganza.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Well, I've long since bought my ticket but more top players announced Thierry Dusuitoir in what will be his last game as pro rugby player announced today, together with Maxime Medard, Patricio Albacete and Jeremy Thrush to add to earlier announced players. Could be an extravaganza.
Getting into a very good looking Barbarians squad indeed
Rory Best