Ulster v Barbarians Thu 1st June

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Barbarians Thu 1st June

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The crowd in Spanners last night was pitiful, maybe 8000 max. Ulster says no to rugby.

FOLK
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
you only had one job.jpg
p - 11 years at Ulster as a professional, he gets a perfect pass from his fellow midget, he only has one thing to do, the line is at his mercy .......................................and he fuc'ks it up.

I think it was the 67th minute when he dropped the ball.
Did anyone notice the camera shot immediately afterwards of a youngster about 4 years holding his head in his hands with mouth wide open.. thought he epitomised our feelings of beagle.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

10 or 15 only wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
you only had one job.jpg
p - 11 years at Ulster as a professional, he gets a perfect pass from his fellow midget, he only has one thing to do, the line is at his mercy .......................................and he fuc'ks it up.

I think it was the 67th minute when he dropped the ball.
Did anyone notice the camera shot immediately afterwards of a youngster about 4 years holding his head in his hands with mouth wide open.. thought he epitomised our feelings of beagle.
I did see that and had a similar reaction.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

No Baggy like many wings have done before him he accelerated into the pass too soon thus the pass was not in front of him but at him and hit him in the chest .

The first thing is catch the ball then accelerate he put the cart before the horse .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I hate to see players being accused of not doing something and being accused of standing ruck watching unless you were in on the team talk and know what the player has been instructed to do - shut it .

At under age I would expect unless the ruck is inside the 22 players are instructed not to contest the ball .

Needlessly contesting a ruck is downfall of many teams because the ruck is source of many needless penalties .

Similarly tackle counts are often provide false impressions because of the role allotted to a player

Rea shows promise at the moment he needs to develop leg and arm strength . That takes time .

Wilson may not get round a pitch like he did in days gone by but he can toss players out of a ruck .

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Rumncoke is still a Bellend
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:I hate to see players being accused of not doing something and being accused of standing ruck watching unless you were in on the team talk and know what the player has been instructed to do - shut it .

At under age I would expect unless the ruck is inside the 22 players are instructed not to contest the ball .

Needlessly contesting a ruck is downfall of many teams because the ruck is source of many needless penalties .

Similarly tackle counts are often provide false impressions because of the role allotted to a player

Rea shows promise at the moment he needs to develop leg and arm strength . That takes time .

Wilson may not get round a pitch like he did in days gone by but he can toss players out of a ruck .

So much idiocy I don't where to begin.

How are you measuring Rea's arm and leg strength?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:The crowd in Spanners last night was pitiful, maybe 8000 max. Ulster says no to rugby.

FOLK
Have to say Baggy, I'm glad I didn't pay to see that. Exhibition rugby is keek.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Dave I still have this shat blocked so that I don't choke on my lunch ... it works, trust me.

Oh sweet baby Buddha ... it's the authority at which this drivel is presented that really takes it to a whole new level.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

How to tell firstly the lad is only 19 -20 secondly compare the way Wilson and Ross handled the opposition to how Rea handled them .

Granted that was one heavy pack last night and he played the full 80 minutes but Rea seldom stopped them in front of the gain line taking a two bite approach on occasion .

Body strength you can build - heart on the other hand is something you either have or you don't and he's got it .

Confidence will come with body development and the frame is there to build on .

He's a season or two away from regular Pro 12/ERC he's not physically ready for a big French pack -- remember that was an exhibition game not a full blood assault win or lose game effort 99.9% rather than 110 % . Baas play for the previlge and enjoyment -winning nice but essential since it is a scratch XV

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:How to tell firstly the lad is only 19 -20 secondly compare the way Wilson and Ross handled the opposition to how Rea handled them .

Granted that was one heavy pack last night and he played the full 80 minutes but Rea seldom stopped them in front of the gain line taking a two bite approach on occasion .

Body strength you can build - heart on the other hand is something you either have or you don't and he's got it .

Confidence will come with body development and the frame is there to build on .

He's a season or two away from regular Pro 12/ERC he's not physically ready for a big French pack -- remember that was an exhibition game not a full blood assault win or lose game effort 99.9% rather than 110 % . Baas play for the previlge and enjoyment -winning nice but essential since it is a scratch XV

He's 23.

It's not merely strength that a player needs to stop the opposition but technique, which is more important. Having said that he put in the best hit of the night, from an Ulster player. I'm not sure what match you were watching. Being blind and illiterate must be a challenge.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:Rumncoke is still a Bellend
Sadly he is talking Ron'ncock and has entirely got the Marshall episode wrong. p put down a perfect pass, from the perfect position beside Shanahan, not stretching, no overrunning, nada. Yer ballbeg is festerin' Ron'n, happened right in front of me, I know exactly what happened - he brainfarted, how predictable.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Technique you learn but the modern professional game is based on strength because players are bigger and heavier and tackles are seldom around the legs but upper body .

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Technique you learn but the modern professional game is based on strength because players are bigger and heavier and tackles are seldom around the legs but upper body .

No, it's about power rather than strength. Strength is about exerting as much force as possible on an external load, without regard for how long it takes. Power is exerting as much force as possible, as quickly as possible. A tackle situation requires that explosive power but also the technique so that player is an optimal body position to best use what power they have.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

power is weight x speed which is the requirement of ball carrying .Tackling is technique power and strength because the object being tackled has to held .
Ferris used strength to lift opponents and power to carry them back the lift denied power to the ball carrier . Henderson uses strength to rip the ball from an opponent - strength is an essential of the modern game if it wasn't players wouldn't spend hours in a gym doing weights .