Ulster v Barbarians Thu 1st June

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Barbarians Thu 1st June

Post by Cockatrice »

UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Callum Paterson is being released by Ulster for some reason.
Joining Ireland tour?

or Lions? :duck:
I thought Patterson was only on a short term deal anyway? Unless i'm just making that up

We have no need for centres anyway[/quote

Yes he was called back into rugby to replace Windsor so presumably playing him this week was a big thank you for giving up his time... Wonder why they thought him good enough to bring back after letting him go only to then let him go again after no game time a few months later..

As for OHagen I am advised they think he will be a future Irish starter yet I thought 15-20 mins as a taster in an end of season exhibition game might have been of some benefit in his development instead they bring in Lutton who they have already released..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Cockatrice wrote:Can anyone explain why in Gods name we give O'Hagen the extent of 30 seconds experience...

and where does Patterson fit into next years planning...
someone is planning for next year? No way, I don't believe it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Callum Paterson is being released by Ulster for some reason.
Joining Ireland tour?

or Lions? :duck:
I thought Patterson was only on a short term deal anyway? Unless i'm just making that up

We have no need for centres anyway[/quote

Yes he was called back into rugby to replace Windsor so presumably playing him this week was a big thank you for giving up his time... Wonder why they thought him good enough to bring back after letting him go only to then let him go again after no game time a few months later..

As for OHagen I am advised they think he will be a future Irish starter yet I thought 15-20 mins as a taster in an end of season exhibition game might have been of some benefit in his development instead they bring in Lutton who they have already released..
A Kiss masterplan
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

But he's so passionate about Ulster, so that makes up for everything else!
It doesn't matter if he orchestrated a coaching clownhouse and drunk away another season. It doesn't matter that he couldn't pick a lentil from a bowl of tarka dahl. It matters not we've performed just TWICE in an entire season...just so long as he cares!

If caring was all it takes to be in charge of Ulster, then there's a few thousand more qualified than St Vitas' imp. He's proven that he's out of his depth and if he interferes with Jono in the same way he did with Boke'n'Clarke, then we can look forward to another shyte season, but sure as long as he cares.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tighter End wrote:But he's so passionate about Ulster, so that makes up for everything else!
It doesn't matter if he orchestrated a coaching clownhouse and drunk away another season. It doesn't matter that he couldn't pick a lentil from a bowl of tarka dahl. It matters not we've performed just TWICE in an entire season...just so long as he cares!

If caring was all it takes to be in charge of Ulster, then there's a few thousand more qualified than St Vitas' imp. He's proven that he's out of his depth and if he interferes with Jono in the same way he did with Boke'n'Clarke, then we can look forward to another shyte season, but sure as long as he cares.
Bakebook Ulster probably adheres to Biblebook Ulster doctrine - God loves a trier and so do we. Even some useless half filled bucket of lukewarm camelpiss. FOLK
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Well God and his howlers can love their triers until ringpieces are destroyed. Give us someone who isn't a vindictive little imp who couldn't pick the dingle-berries from his hole. Someone who can get the squad working together and for each other, with some pride in themselves and the shirt. Someone who knows what he's doing. If indeed FOLK has sidelined, or got rid of players who dared disagree with him, that's divisive and explains our mid season collapse.
He needs to be gone before All Saints Night and I don't mean the Appleby sisters attempting another comeback.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

As for drinking in the hallowed dressing room I hear the investigation by UR is underway and that the Baabaas are likely to be faced with the same punishment taken against those other clubs that have also been drinking there....
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:As for drinking in the hallowed dressing room I hear the investigation by UR is underway and that the Baabaas are likely to be faced with the same punishment taken against those other clubs that have also been drinking there....
Like Ballynahinch?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:As for drinking in the hallowed dressing room I hear the investigation by UR is underway and that the Baabaas are likely to be faced with the same punishment taken against those other clubs that have also been drinking there....
Like Ballynahinch?

And at least one other club that degraded it the same way... What's good enough for Hinch is good enough for the Baabaas hang on what happened to Hinch?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Like Ballynahinch?

Did they ever get the changing rooms tidied up again that time?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:
Russ wrote:
Like Ballynahinch?

And at least one other club that degraded it the same way... What's good enough for Hinch is good enough for the Baabaas hang on what happened to Hinch?
They spilt beer all over the floor of the home dressing room ruining the carpet

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Russ wrote:
Like Ballynahinch?

It's a rugby changing room not a church..
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Russ wrote:
Like Ballynahinch?

It's a rugby changing room not a church..
Are you sure about the home dressing room?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Well they would have had a lot of cleaning up to do considering the amount of trophies we won there this season >happyparty :lol: :thumleft:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cockatrice wrote:
shamalicious wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Can anyone explain why in Gods name we give O'Hagen the extent of 30 seconds experience...

and where does Patterson fit into next years planning...
Callum Paterson is being released by Ulster for some reason.
Sham... I knew that but wondered how many others realised that he had already been deemed surplus to requirements and released... did they feel bad how they had treated him? Because they have led him up the garden path big time.
Apparently ...... allegedly ....... Patterson is part of future planning and has not been released.

also, (apparently) Cotter was asked if Ulster could use 24 players in the match and he said no. Later relented and said yes. O'Hagan was a naughty 25th player slipped on by LK ...... allegedly. :scratch: (Did anyone note or count?)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right