Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

June 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Who is online

In total there are 14 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 644027
Total topics 18979
Total members 2907
Our newest member TCLad

Birthdays

Congratulations to: Jackie Brown (35)

Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby Gerald the Mole » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:41 pm

I can't wait for us to win our next four games
User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Steward
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby Rooster » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:54 am

Hapax Legomenon wrote:Are Gibbes and Peel our lot as coaches next season?

Kiss as well :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39460
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby scrum5 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:26 am

Still waiting on news of the playing side being strengthened.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012

Support J9, A True Legend....Feb 1971- 06 Feb 2017
User avatar
scrum5
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6035
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby Gary » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:22 am

scrum5 wrote:Still waiting on news of the playing side being strengthened.....


Sorry, but I think p is going to stay. :twisted:
"What's the requirement of my job? I don't have to be very clever, I don't have to know that much," - David Davis, Minister for Fecking Up Brexit
User avatar
Gary
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3482
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby Bart S » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 am

Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:All of this makes the Bealham and to some extent McAllister situation look worse, although i can see why Ulster let Paddy Mac go given his injury profile and other potential we had. Hump can't have been that callous with him given the way he went to Glaws in the end.


Humphreys took him after PaddyMac had proved his fitness in France. He sacked him at Ulster because he had no faith in his ability to stay fit at Ulster. No idea if it's true though I've heard it from some who may well know that Humphreys even turned down a pay for play arrangement.

I'd guess it's just a professional decision for both parties, Glaws obviously offered good money & Humphreys knew Paddy is decent ........when fit.

Considering the donkeys we signed, even when injured and essentially just offered free rehab, I think the treatment of PMac was poor.


Well according to Paddy Mac he was offered a contract by Ulster. http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ho ... story.html

I don't think you can blame ulster for not paying top dollar to keep him at the time. It was a french 2nd division club that took him. Hump was more alive to the opportunity than ulster of re-signing him.
User avatar
Bart S
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 pm

Gary wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Still waiting on news of the playing side being strengthened.....


Sorry, but I think p is going to stay. :twisted:

He is.

Not out of contract this year as some believed.

Nuther year to go.

could be a scrap to see who, if anyone, establishes himself as first choice nine. Should be looking to the future, and as such I am still be happy to have p as a squad back up.
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12754
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Gerald the Mole wrote:I can't wait for us to win our next four games

Who are our pre-season friendlies against?
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12754
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby scrum5 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Gary wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Still waiting on news of the playing side being strengthened.....


Sorry, but I think p is going to stay. :twisted:

He is.

Not out of contract this year as some believed.

Nuther year to go.

could be a scrap to see who, if anyone, establishes himself as first choice nine. Should be looking to the future, and as such I am still be happy to have p as a squad back up.


Seriously Cap'n, you reckon Cooney is that bad
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012

Support J9, A True Legend....Feb 1971- 06 Feb 2017
User avatar
scrum5
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6035
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:53 pm

scrum5 wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Gary wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Still waiting on news of the playing side being strengthened.....


Sorry, but I think p is going to stay. :twisted:

He is.

Not out of contract this year as some believed.

Nuther year to go.

could be a scrap to see who, if anyone, establishes himself as first choice nine. Should be looking to the future, and as such I am still be happy to have p as a squad back up.


Seriously Cap'n, you reckon Cooney is that bad

Nat wat I said! :lol:

Dinna put words intae me mouth! >EW
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12754
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby Polly Cotton » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:32 am

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:I can't wait for us to win our next four games

Who are our pre-season friendlies against?


I would guess , Bristol and Wasps. Although Malone Vikings would probably beat Bristol, as their coaching set up is worse , but I would go for a team like Wasps, expecting a sales pitch to buy season tickets.

With the Women's World Cup being played in Ravenhill surely they won't play a home game in August , would they ?
You may know my sister, Dot
User avatar
Polly Cotton
Novice
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:41 am

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby Hapax Legomenon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:46 am

Rooster wrote:
Hapax Legomenon wrote:Are Gibbes and Peel our lot as coaches next season?

Kiss as well :roll:

Well obviously.
Let me rephrase. Are we getting a replacement for Barakat?
There can be only one
User avatar
Hapax Legomenon
Novice
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby Rooster » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 am

Hapax Legomenon wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Hapax Legomenon wrote:Are Gibbes and Peel our lot as coaches next season?

Kiss as well :roll:

Well obviously.
Let me rephrase. Are we getting a replacement for Barakat?

According to the UR PR Malone was his replacement
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39460
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Rory Best: Our coaches are crap.......well nearly!!!

Postby Hapax Legomenon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Rooster wrote:
Hapax Legomenon wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Hapax Legomenon wrote:Are Gibbes and Peel our lot as coaches next season?

Kiss as well :roll:

Well obviously.
Let me rephrase. Are we getting a replacement for Barakat?

According to the UR PR Malone was his replacement

Oh well then we're on the up :roll: :roll:
There can be only one
User avatar
Hapax Legomenon
Novice
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Previous


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SemrushBot and 6 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->