Munster versus a side they are expected to beat.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster versus a side they are expected to beat.

Post by scrum5 »

Bang out of order BSC
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

scrum5 wrote:Bang out of order BSC
Agreed

Axels death was a tragic event that galvanised Munster and brought them back to their roots

Lool at how Nevins death affected Ulster

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BackOfTheStand wrote:I Returned late last night having thoroughly enjoyed my first Thomond Park experience. I must congratulate all the Ulster fans who were there, they could be heard singing and cheering before during and after the match. I must admit I was disappointed not to hear The Fields of Athenry ringing out during the match. Maybe like Ravenhill they need a band to compliment their singing. I really appreciated the local supporters who guided me out from the City Centre to the ground and for the banter and craic we had in the Dug Out before and after the game. It was great to eventually meet the Stripped Blazer Boys, I've seen them many times at home and away games. This may have been my first visit to Thomond but it certainly be my last.
I'll email you their home fixture list.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BackOfTheStand wrote:This may have been my first visit to Thomond but it certainly be my last.
Wurzel accent for that bit?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Russ wrote:
Agreed

Axels death was a tragic event that galvanised Munster and brought them back to their roots

+2

Way out of line BSC
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote:
At the start of another potentially poor season, there wasn’t much peep from the turnips. They turn the season round after milking the death of Axle for all its worth, suddenly they're a shower of gobshites again. Looking forward to Saracens grinding them into the dirt.
At least you managed some irony here.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

justinr73 wrote:
My throat is still sore!

Their pre-match song is camper than a row of tents.

Munster should have points deducted for the behaviour of a slightly unhinged lady near the tunnel, who was disgruntled throughout at the passionate support for the Ulstermen. She may have got perhaps one drop of stout on her foot when Ulster scored but reacted by tipping the rest of the young fella's pint all over him!

He took it like a gentleman, needless to say >appl
There is always one. She was probably from Cork. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

ruckover wrote:
Russ wrote:
Agreed

+2

Way out of line BSC
Agreed. Disgusting.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Too far BSC, we if anyone should know how the rugby community pulls together at times of tradegy.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BSC you are a chief arsehat with that comment
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Even spelling Axel correctly wouldn't have made your comment any more acceptable. An apology is called for.
Bo***cks to Brexit
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote:
Shan wrote:Feck but Munster were poor today. POM turned up, the rest of the backrow didn't bother. The rest of the pack just didn't seem to be firing on all cylinders. Lloyd did well, probably better than we could have expected even given the circumstances of his place in the starting team. Saili continues to be a pain to watch. One minute doing great things, the next getting caught out.

Munster won a game they should have won in terms of the overall difference in strength of both squads, however as it turned out on the pitch Munster gave Ulster every possible opportunity to win, short of actually falling asleep on the pitch, and Ulster still could not get the job done. Ulster backs were poor. The only one really of any particular use is Jackson. To be fair to Stockdale he was out of position to make room for a guy who has some similarities to non-rugby player Van Der Heever.

As for the afore-mentioned Piatau - If I was an Ulster supporter I would be livid with him because today he was an absolute disgrace. I don't mind my team losing as long as the players have tried their best. Most Ulster players do try their best and it is not their fault they are just not good enough, or well enough coached. Piatau is different though. He is dishonest in terms of endeavour. I'd take Gilroy over him any day. At least he tries.
At the start of another potentially poor season, there wasn’t much peep from the turnips. They turn the season round after milking the death of Axle for all its worth, suddenly they're a shower of gobshites again. Looking forward to Saracens grinding them into the dirt.
bieber. I can't have Munster rugby fans at times the way they get on, but that's beyond a joke.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

while the sentiment is lousy the observation is to some extent
correct .

Munster found an out half who can control a game and always have a pack who respond to an outhalf who can keep them going forward .

With Stander and PoM in the back row will have a pack to trouble Saracens and while Munster have a couple of players that rub against the grain ( mainly because they are over hyped ) but they fail to match some players for Saracens in the " kick him for me stakes ".

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

rumncoke wrote:while the sentiment is lousy the observation is to some extent
correct .

Munster found an out half who can control a game and always have a pack who respond to an outhalf who can keep them going forward .

With Stander and PoM in the back row will have a pack to trouble Saracens and while Munster have a couple of players that rub against the grain ( mainly because they are over hyped ) but they fail to match some players for Saracens in the " kick him for me stakes ".

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I would always back the Irish team in terms of support but even this one might be beyond them though I'd never be so foolish to write off a Munster team in this sort of game at home.

Best hope is as predicted half the Sarries side are picked for the Lions by then and have half an eye on the tour.
They have pretty much been there done that though and I think they are at their peak in terms of their cycle as Toulon were before and Leinster then Munster before that.
Not a game to miss though.two cracking semis in prospect involving the deserved top 4 sides in Europe right now.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Have to say on any visit to Thomand never had anything but good crack and banter. The perfect day winning the Q/F and being well looked after by real rugby men in The Claws Bar.

Absolutely out of order BSC!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!