Ulster V Cardiff , Positives versus Negatives

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Re: Ulster V Cardiff , Positives versus Negatives

Post by Joe Schmo »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Was there not a match recently with Olding at 12 and Cave at 13? I think Cave had to go off injured at half time, anyway it's either that centre pairing for me or Payne at 13. Luke has always been poor positionally in defence his try last night was the only gloss on an otherwise abject performance. Olding just reverted to crash ball twelve after 20 minutes or so. Also what was with all the box kicking when we were trapped in our own 22 and they fielded nearly everyone of them only to run back at us? Ruans bad pass was up there with a p special but to be fair it seemed to slip out of his hand - ball covered in sand? - maybe it was just a crap pass, aside from the try he didnt have a great game, I think he tries too hard when he sees what's going on around him and takes on too much. Anyway sorry to hear Snipe not renewing his ticket, if it gets worse next year Snipe i'll lend you my ticket for a night so you can shout some abuse from the terrace as shouting at the tv every match night can be stressful for the cat/dog/wife
:lol: :lol: Her indoors told me this morning that she doesn't want to have to listen to me and look at my girney oul bake on home match dates as well as away games, so if I don't renew it she will. Whether that means she's going to go to the games or send me remains to be seen. I suspect the latter as one week of Grumpy's inane drivel and she'll not be back.
i wouldn't trust Grumpy, if he turns on his legendary wit and repartee might cause problems :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Was there not a match recently with Olding at 12 and Cave at 13? I think Cave had to go off injured at half time, anyway it's either that centre pairing for me or Payne at 13. Luke has always been poor positionally in defence his try last night was the only gloss on an otherwise abject performance. Olding just reverted to crash ball twelve after 20 minutes or so. Also what was with all the box kicking when we were trapped in our own 22 and they fielded nearly everyone of them only to run back at us? Ruans bad pass was up there with a p special but to be fair it seemed to slip out of his hand - ball covered in sand? - maybe it was just a crap pass, aside from the try he didnt have a great game, I think he tries too hard when he sees what's going on around him and takes on too much. Anyway sorry to hear Snipe not renewing his ticket, if it gets worse next year Snipe i'll lend you my ticket for a night so you can shout some abuse from the terrace as shouting at the tv every match night can be stressful for the cat/dog/wife
:lol: :lol: Her indoors told me this morning that she doesn't want to have to listen to me and look at my girney oul bake on home match dates as well as away games, so if I don't renew it she will. Whether that means she's going to go to the games or send me remains to be seen. I suspect the latter as one week of Grumpy's inane drivel and she'll not be back.
i wouldn't trust Grumpy, if he turns on his legendary wit and repartee might cause problems :lol:
He's got more sense. She'd punch his lamps out.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
He's got more sense. She'd punch his lamps out.
ImageImageImage you speaking from experience?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I know my place. >EW
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Negative...Iain Henderson's tackling technique, anyone else wishing he would just empty someone rather than that passive hold them up off the ground, it would lift the players and supporters alike, though maybe he's following the legendary defence coach's masterplan
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:Negative...Iain Henderson's tackling technique, anyone else wishing he would just empty someone rather than that passive hold them up off the ground, it would lift the players and supporters alike, though maybe he's following the legendary defence coach's masterplan
Did Hendy fire a shot last night? If he did I missed it. All I saw him do was take ball static and make zero yards.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Snipe Watson wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Negative...Iain Henderson's tackling technique, anyone else wishing he would just empty someone rather than that passive hold them up off the ground, it would lift the players and supporters alike, though maybe he's following the legendary defence coach's masterplan
Did Hendy fire a shot last night? If he did I missed it. All I saw him do was take ball static and make zero yards.
Is it true it was his stag last weekend? Would it have been allowed at another province?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

maybe he thought he should have it now rather than end of season as he's a bolter for the Lions....and in case some are in doubt that was......
thDPVLTOFL.jpg
thDPVLTOFL.jpg (8.37 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

In the midst of all the cow pats last night. Treaders continues to grow in my estimation. Only 21 and fast becoming our best second row.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hendo can't carry. He wouldn't even make Munster's bench.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Snipe Watson wrote:In the midst of all the cow pats last night. Treaders continues to grow in my estimation. Only 21 and fast becoming our best second row.
True, he definately has all the physical atrributes to be a quality player. Now if only he could work with a decent forwards coach.Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

think it was Matthew Morgan in the 2nd half who tried to get outside of him only to find out that Treaders has some set off wheels and was quickly brought to ground....definitely a shining light in yet another bleak season
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Dave wrote:Hendo can't carry. He wouldn't even make Munster's bench.
Hendo looks wrung-out, jaded and disinterested and seems to have lost his old vim. Don't know why. For a bloke with all that natural talent and strength he has been disappointing. I thought he had a good game for Ireland v England, but it was a bit of a one-off.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

It's getting near the end of the season. Maybe he's just Donald Ducked!
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mid ulster maestro wrote:It's getting near the end of the season. Maybe he's just Donald Ducked!
Reidy has probably clocked up twice as many minutes or at least seems to have done and he was the best forward yet again last night
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best