Ulster V Cardiff , Positives versus Negatives

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: Ulster V Cardiff , Positives versus Negatives

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Dave wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Dave wrote:Season over. Move on. Get Gibbes in and Les can do paperwork.
Ffs, Gibbs will be told what to do by LK >flog
STFU
Truth hurts
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Positive
Our forwards getting us front foot ball was not the problem tonight.

Negative
My belief that our forwards getting us front foot ball in a game is the only reason why we are not putting teams away.... it's not.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Dave wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Dave wrote:Season over. Move on. Get Gibbes in and Les can do paperwork.
Ffs, Gibbs will be told what to do by LK >flog
STFU
Truth hurts
Jono is more qualified.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Positive, I got home safely
Negative, going to the match.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Negatives:

Poor pass from Ruan. Cardiff work their way up the pitch and score.
Overthrow from Rory. Cardiff work their way up the pitch and score.
Red carpet rolled out by our centres. Cardiff score.

Positives:

Jacob Stockcube injecting a bit of pace into the proceedings when he came on.

UAC :cheers:
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Their centres were a different gravy in terms of running lines.
They did the damage and defensively we couldn't contain them.

Our inability to create space from phase play remains an issue.
Opposition seem happy just to hit and spread as we go from pod to pod without generating any real quick quality ball to move.
Leaves our quality wide men limited space to move.

Bit like Ireland in that regard.
In fact exactly like Ireland.

Positives- the Pj try was fantastic.
RP picking his run and the timing made the game look so simple.
It seems our backs are only empoweried to play what's in front though whereas at Leinster they are all at it particularly in the forwards and that's the difference

It really can be that easy and I think we are a little bit system obsessed and we need to just play more heads up like Leinster have done and transformed their season.
When we do it we're a handful.

Also Reidy once again our best forward by a distance.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

The one positive from this game was the introduction of Jacob Stockdale. He provided real pace and threat once he came on and it baffles me why LK doesn't start him? Negatives? An Ulster team going backwards under Les Kiss. Defence/ tackling is very poor and our attack is so predictable and easy to defend against. Make no mistake, Leinster and Munster are streets ahead of us now and that's the most frustrating aspect of this past two years. Season ticket renewed a week or two ago so at least I am standing up for the Ulstermen but it would be great to see the Ulstermen on the pitch standing up for me and every other supporter.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Preach my deep fat fried friend.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Beattiespastie wrote:The one positive from this game was the introduction of Jacob Stockdale. He provided real pace and threat once he came on and it baffles me why LK doesn't start him?
Despite all the hype about Kiss I still think he is a bluffer who ranks up there with Logie, for being the former Ireland defence coach our defence has been worse this year than any recent year, the team selections at times are bizzare and our centre combinations fail to work yet the same old trials prevale each week.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Positives. I didn't go.
Negatives. I watched it later
Slight positive. At fast forward pace it looked like a game. I got through that crap in under 25 minutes.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

(to me) It just shows the importance of Cave in midfield, especially in defence.

I suspect the red carpet wouldn't have been rolled out to Caaaadiff last night, more the rug would have been pulled from under them, had he been playing.

Vastly under-rated player by those who are supposed to know better .... but maybe they do and I'm wrong - what would I know?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Positive - made up my mind.
Negative - definitely not renewing my season ticket.
:cheers:

Positive: Snipe not renewing his season ticket. :lol:
Glad you're pleased.
Will you still be dropping in from time to time?

Any truth in the rumour that you've actually decided to buy a season ticket for a certain Welsh team for next season?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Was there not a match recently with Olding at 12 and Cave at 13? I think Cave had to go off injured at half time, anyway it's either that centre pairing for me or Payne at 13. Luke has always been poor positionally in defence his try last night was the only gloss on an otherwise abject performance. Olding just reverted to crash ball twelve after 20 minutes or so. Also what was with all the box kicking when we were trapped in our own 22 and they fielded nearly everyone of them only to run back at us? Ruans bad pass was up there with a p special but to be fair it seemed to slip out of his hand - ball covered in sand? - maybe it was just a crap pass, aside from the try he didnt have a great game, I think he tries too hard when he sees what's going on around him and takes on too much. Anyway sorry to hear Snipe not renewing his ticket, if it gets worse next year Snipe i'll lend you my ticket for a night so you can shout some abuse from the terrace as shouting at the tv every match night can be stressful for the cat/dog/wife
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Joe Schmo wrote:Was there not a match recently with Olding at 12 and Cave at 13? I think Cave had to go off injured at half time, anyway it's either that centre pairing for me or Payne at 13. Luke has always been poor positionally in defence his try last night was the only gloss on an otherwise abject performance. Olding just reverted to crash ball twelve after 20 minutes or so. Also what was with all the box kicking when we were trapped in our own 22 and they fielded nearly everyone of them only to run back at us? Ruans bad pass was up there with a p special but to be fair it seemed to slip out of his hand - ball covered in sand? - maybe it was just a crap pass, aside from the try he didnt have a great game, I think he tries too hard when he sees what's going on around him and takes on too much. Anyway sorry to hear Snipe not renewing his ticket, if it gets worse next year Snipe i'll lend you my ticket for a night so you can shout some abuse from the terrace as shouting at the tv every match night can be stressful for the cat/dog/wife
:lol: :lol: Her indoors told me this morning that she doesn't want to have to listen to me and look at my girney oul bake on home match dates as well as away games, so if I don't renew it she will. Whether that means she's going to go to the games or send me remains to be seen. I suspect the latter as one week of Grumpy's inane drivel and she'll not be back.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Was there not a match recently with Olding at 12 and Cave at 13? I think Cave had to go off injured at half time, anyway it's either that centre pairing for me or Payne at 13. Luke has always been poor positionally in defence his try last night was the only gloss on an otherwise abject performance. Olding just reverted to crash ball twelve after 20 minutes or so. Also what was with all the box kicking when we were trapped in our own 22 and they fielded nearly everyone of them only to run back at us? Ruans bad pass was up there with a p special but to be fair it seemed to slip out of his hand - ball covered in sand? - maybe it was just a crap pass, aside from the try he didnt have a great game, I think he tries too hard when he sees what's going on around him and takes on too much. Anyway sorry to hear Snipe not renewing his ticket, if it gets worse next year Snipe i'll lend you my ticket for a night so you can shout some abuse from the terrace as shouting at the tv every match night can be stressful for the cat/dog/wife
Image Image Her indoors told me this morning that she doesn't want to have to listen to me and look at my girney oul bake on home match dates as well as away games, so if I don't renew it she will. Whether that means she's going to go to the games or send me remains to be seen. I suspect the latter as one week of Grumpy's inane drivel and she'll not be back.
All talk mate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk