Ulster V Cardiff , Positives versus Negatives

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster V Cardiff , Positives versus Negatives

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Was there not a match recently with Olding at 12 and Cave at 13? I think Cave had to go off injured at half time, anyway it's either that centre pairing for me or Payne at 13. Luke has always been poor positionally in defence his try last night was the only gloss on an otherwise abject performance. Olding just reverted to crash ball twelve after 20 minutes or so. Also what was with all the box kicking when we were trapped in our own 22 and they fielded nearly everyone of them only to run back at us? Ruans bad pass was up there with a p special but to be fair it seemed to slip out of his hand - ball covered in sand? - maybe it was just a crap pass, aside from the try he didnt have a great game, I think he tries too hard when he sees what's going on around him and takes on too much. Anyway sorry to hear Snipe not renewing his ticket, if it gets worse next year Snipe i'll lend you my ticket for a night so you can shout some abuse from the terrace as shouting at the tv every match night can be stressful for the cat/dog/wife
:lol: :lol: Her indoors told me this morning that she doesn't want to have to listen to me and look at my girney oul bake on home match dates as well as away games, so if I don't renew it she will. Whether that means she's going to go to the games or send me remains to be seen. I suspect the latter as one week of Grumpy's inane drivel and she'll not be back.
i wouldn't trust Grumpy, if he turns on his legendary wit and repartee might cause problems :lol:
He's got more sense. She'd punch his lamps out.
Too true I've got more sense. I've got a wife of my own to do that. :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rooster wrote:
mid ulster maestro wrote:It's getting near the end of the season. Maybe he's just Donald Ducked!
Reidy has probably clocked up twice as many minutes or at least seems to have done and he was the best forward yet again last night
Maybe Hendy needs more game time then lol.

He takes the ball standing still, attempts a wee 360 spin, someone holds onto his ankles, then he falls over. He needs to be bustin some asses. At least Tredders tries to give Pienaar a moving target. For all his failings at least Rodney, when he came on, was trying to run lines for Ruan rather than just standing there at first receiver.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

He needs to hope Gatland wasn't watching or he'll be touring Japan in June.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Negative...Iain Henderson's tackling technique, anyone else wishing he would just empty someone rather than that passive hold them up off the ground, it would lift the players and supporters alike, though maybe he's following the legendary defence coach's masterplan
Did Hendy fire a shot last night? If he did I missed it. All I saw him do was take ball static and make zero yards.
Remarkably he contributed less than Roger Wilson, who as expected gave every bit of what he has left to give. Reidy must have thought he had the weight of the world on his shoulders but as usual, he distinguished himself whilst all around him things were turning to shyte.

I particularly enjoyed Roger propelling himself horizontally to make sure he caught the oncoming Blue with some part of his anatomy. He may be done but he still has enough about him to give his all. :thumleft:

I feared it as soon as the team was announced but as Ron'n said, I felt sorry occasionally for the centres because our backrow essentially was nowhere to be found.

Then again, many of the 36 missed tackles occurred in midfield. :banghead:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
mid ulster maestro wrote:It's getting near the end of the season. Maybe he's just Donald Ducked!
Reidy has probably clocked up twice as many minutes or at least seems to have done and he was the best forward yet again last night
Zackerly Rooster, Hendy has only played 14 times for Ulster this season & has by no means started every international. The lad is "lightly run" you'd have thought he would be breaking his hole to be impressive with Lions selection coming up whether or not he has a cat's chance in hell.

Maybe the old memory is gone but I have no memory of thinking how magnificent he has been in any Ulster game this season.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
scrum5 wrote:Negative...Iain Henderson's tackling technique, anyone else wishing he would just empty someone rather than that passive hold them up off the ground, it would lift the players and supporters alike, though maybe he's following the legendary defence coach's masterplan
Did Hendy fire a shot last night? If he did I missed it. All I saw him do was take ball static and make zero yards.
Remarkably he contributed less than Roger Wilson, who as expected gave every bit of what he has left to give. Reidy must have thought he had the weight of the world on his shoulders but as usual, he distinguished himself whilst all around him things were turning to shyte.

I particularly enjoyed Roger propelling himself horizontally to make sure he caught the oncoming Blue with some part of his anatomy. He may be done but he still has enough about him to give his all. :thumleft:

I feared it as soon as the team was announced but as Ron'n said, I felt sorry occasionally for the centres because our backrow essentially was nowhere to be found.

Then again, many of the 36 missed tackles occurred in midfield. :banghead:
I am at a loss to understand why you would send out a bloke who is as far off the pace as Roger to compete in what was always going to be a high paced game on a dry evening in spring. I wasn't expecting Hendy to be so flat, but Roger was just sent out to fail. The mind is willing, but the body is done.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I felt Roger was finished when UR give him a further 2 year contract. I would have give him a 12 month contract with option of other 12 and have kept him on his toes. Either way he gives his all and if only we could mix Hendie with Rogers willingness to put his body on the line.

Sorry but Hendie shouldn't be anywhere near the Lions he would be benching at both Leinster and Munster.. maybe he knows more than the coaches..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:I felt Roger was finished when UR give him a further 2 year contract. I would have give him a 12 month contract with option of other 12 and have kept him on his toes. Either way he gives his all and if only we could mix Hendie with Rogers willingness to put his body on the line.

Sorry but Hendie shouldn't be anywhere near the Lions he would be benching at both Leinster and Munster.. maybe he knows more than the coaches..
Yes Cockers he showed serious signs of decline in 14/15. I thought at the time a one year extension would have been generous and two was crazy.