Ulster v Cardiff & yes it's on TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Cardiff & yes it's on TV

Post by Cockatrice »

We have had post after post and even threads on the subject of dumb and dumber, burts leaving on a jet plane and yet some still are surprised.... I said a while back that keeping these two within the camp could bite us in the ass. It does not take the toxic atmosphere out of the changing room and training... then again a true leader of men would take the bull by the horns and make a decision instead of preaching bible passages and telling how he feels h has been let down..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
DHK wrote:
ColinM wrote:Passive is about the best description at the minute. I'm becoming more bemused with Leslie by the week. Wonder if Jonno has his eye on the big gig here in a years time?
How long is Kiss' contract? 3 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kiss is not the problem IMHO. The toxic environment at training is.
How is a team supposed to perform when the coaches hate each other and bicker like two weans? So much so that Joe Barakat couldn't stand the atmosphere and bailed early.
Guesswork or fact Snipe? It's what I've heard but I have no idea if strictly true.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
DHK wrote:
ColinM wrote:Passive is about the best description at the minute. I'm becoming more bemused with Leslie by the week. Wonder if Jonno has his eye on the big gig here in a years time?

How is a team supposed to perform when the coaches hate each other and bicker like two weans? So much so that Joe Barakat couldn't stand the atmosphere and bailed early.
Guesswork or fact Snipe? It's what I've heard but I have no idea if strictly true.
Bit of both. I cannot imagine how players could perform under such conditions for an extended period of time.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Half-time minis had a better pack.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Cave must have shat in Kiss's soup, I think recently he has had one start and that at 12, quite bizarre for your best defensive centre and a player with an excellent ratio of games per try.

I have been puzzled by selections far too often this season.
+1. Cave has been sorely missed this season.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Team Ulster is alleged to have missed 36 tackles. That is disgraceful.

I heard a rumour that Kiss had given Luke a bollocking a few weeks back as he had been shyte since after the Clermont home game. I wonder why he keeps selecting him for I'm utterly fuc'ked if I can see any improvement.

Cave must have shat in Kiss's soup, I think recently he has had one start and that at 12, quite bizarre for your best defensive centre and a player with an excellent ratio of games per try.

I have been puzzled by selections far too often this season.
Olding missed 6, allegedly. Basically in the drift shyte defence, if you are a centre then you are fcuked. You have to drift across the pitch going slightly backwards giving the opposition a chance to run full tilt going forwards. I remember Fofana ripped it to shreds, good player, but Lee-lo is a journeyman. Asking a big 17 stone centre, like McCloskey, to drift is a joke. He and Marshall should be racing up smashing people and getting in their face. Olding and Cave can do the same. Les is a fcukwit. I bet next season we try the same approach.

Jono likes an aggressive defence. I wonder what he thinks of our current style?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cave or Payne in the centre and they can organise the drift defence, without them the rest are clueless and I don't understand why Kiss persists with it in their absence
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
DHK wrote:

If that's the case and Les, as director of rugby, doesn't step in and tell them to stay away from training, then he is weak and very much part of the problem. The same way that Les has tolerated the defence all season, he is culpable as director of rugby.
Much as that sounds like the right thing to do Dave, I wonder is the game plan to accept we are fecked this season and await the orderly departure of two men who it's seems, know where the bodies are buried and in at least one case would happily unleash his "dossier" on UR.

Sounds like weak shyte and I mentioned that gardening leave would be the best option several months ago. Now it seems to matter not a damn this season. The Ulster Way, quiet & trying to appear dignified when in fact it is just an utter farce.

I heard an unsubstantiated rumour that Messrs Clarke and Doak had a stand up shouting match at training where blows may or may not have been exchanged, what apparently is utterly true is that the session was cut short and players told to go home. D & D clearly have no respect for themselves as professionals, never mind the club.

Makes you very proud of our wee team, eh? If that is true and Kiss continues to work in those circumstances, I very much doubt that any player will respect his authority.

The Kingspan shambles. The only potential upside is that as we have seen with Munster's pack minus their best players, a good coach can produce a solid game of rugby where ordinary enough mortals fit the structure and do much the same job. Gibbes has previous for turning a modest pack into a winning pack.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I honestly think the whole thing is a shambles and Les is going for a total reboot over the summer.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:I honestly think the whole thing is a shambles and Les is going for a total reboot over the summer.
Need a software and hardware upgrade rather than a reboot
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I honestly think the whole thing is a shambles and Les is going for a total reboot over the summer.
I think it's been operator error thus far.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
I think it's been operator error thus far.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Now there's something you don't see very often................ Doak wearing a tie.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I fecking hate Doak and Clarke

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Russ wrote:I fecking hate Doak and Clarke

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The way I see it, if we are in the same state this time next season as we are now then Les is part of the problem. At present I see it that Les has eight fingers and two thumbs. There are more holes than his digits can plug at the moment.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18