Ulster v Cardiff & yes it's on TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Cardiff & yes it's on TV

Post by Neill_M »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Only 14500 have been sold for this match, Ruan's penultimate home game. Disgrace.
Last season Leinster got 12000 for their last home game, they'd kill for 14500. Just saying like. :roll:
17613 turned up to watch Connacht, just saying like. :roll:
That was the Christmas home game tbf, always gets a bumper crowd. A more interesting comparison is Treviso and Zebre last month (15,196 and 16,483).

Going by the UR website, only games this season with smaller crowds were Dragons and Scarlets.
you and Baggy must need your 'sarcasm/don't take things so seriously in the Internet' detectors retuned. Seriously boys, tomorrow's Friday and then I'm off work for a fortnight, I'd be happy if it was only me sitting watching tomorrow night. :thumleft:
Need a sarcasm smilie :D >EW
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Good to see Timoney on the bench but has he been talked up enough?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

He'll not get on, Robbie Disco to replace Ramjet
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I tell you what isn't good, the absence of both Chris Henry AND Clive Ross. No harm to Timoney who I hope does well but this is not the time to be fecking about with selection. Screw up tomorrow night and the whole shebang is a bust. I know we won;t win the bloody league but there's no harm in trying FFFFFFS. Roger Wilson FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFs.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I tell you what isn't good, the absence of both Chris Henry AND Clive Ross. No harm to Timoney who I hope does well but this is not the time to be fecking about with selection. Screw up tomorrow night and the whole shebang is a bust. I know we won;t win the bloody league but there's no harm in trying FFFFFFS. Roger Wilson FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFs.
I have every confidence that Roger will go out in a blaze of glory.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

after 20 minutes, BR
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I still wonder if Les actually knows how to pick a side
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:I still wonder if Les actually knows how to pick a side

Evidence suggests not. Even if we score a TBP I will steadfastly remain convinced this is a poor poor selection....... and I'm a feckin' expert.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

What the actual feck, more worried about the feckin WiFi than the team now :duh: :duh: :duh:
Dear Rooster

We look forward to welcoming you to Kingspan Stadium on Friday evening.

We would like to take this opportunity to tell you that Ulster Rugby, in conjunction with WiFiSpark, has now enabled free WiFi access within the Grandstand and West Terrace.

If you are agreeable, we would be extremely grateful if you could test this service for us tomorrow evening, before we roll it out to the entire stadium.

The process is simple…
• Once you get to your seat in the Grandstand or place on the West Terrace, you will need to visit the 'WiFi Settings' on your smartphone.
• You are looking for:_UlsterRugby-Wifi, select this connection and follow the steps on screen to log in.
• Play around with the service, check your emails, visit Twitter or post messages of support on Facebook.
• On Saturday, we will follow up with another email allowing you to rate and comment on the service.
As a thank you, all responses will be entered into a random draw to win a jersey signed by Ruan Pienaar.

Many thanks in advance,

The Ulster Rugby Communications Team
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Remember the good old days when you use to go to Ravenhill and watch rugby.....

bakebookers complaining about not getting their selfies online :banghead:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

scrum5 wrote:Remember the good old days when you use to go to Ravenhill and watch rugby.....
..... wi the dog. :D
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I tell you what isn't good, the absence of both Chris Henry AND Clive Ross. No harm to Timoney who I hope does well but this is not the time to be fecking about with selection. Screw up tomorrow night and the whole shebang is a bust. I know we won;t win the bloody league but there's no harm in trying FFFFFFS. Roger Wilson FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFs.
I agree wholeheartedly. Beggars belief this. Basically it should be FULL METAL JACKET til the end of the season.
Its all set up for a custard pie in the face from big Nick who's going to be revved.

Stupid stuff leaving out Henry and/or Ross tbf to him as well. Also, where's Franco? His grunt will be needed.
I'd have went 6/2 split on the bench given we have plenty of ambidexters in the backs, with Cube and smallp (sadly) the two backs options. That would've allowed us Henry, Franco or even Ross extra.
Once RW is busted, it'll be presumably Reidy or Diack to 8, unless AOC gets busted. We could be finishing with Diack and Timoney in the backrow, depending if our locks all make it. I'm all for giving Timoney his go, but I thought there were others ahead? Rea as has been said, at least? :scratch: We lack insurance policies in the forwards for this one.
Btw, told you Ah Ye would bench even if Kane fit....f&cking stupid :duck: >flog
Exterminate all rational thought
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

But Kane is not fit.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

ruckover wrote:But Kane is not fit.
I thought he was. If not, fair enough. Was he not water carrier against Dragons, which usually means an imminent return? :scratch:
Exterminate all rational thought
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Les must be smacked of his mammaries on coke.
I can see it now, the Taffs score in the first four minutes, get their tails up and we struggle to bust anyone without Henry, but heh-ho sure it's great to give Roger one last start for old time's sake.
My earlier confidence is disappearing faster than Rodder's chips'n'gravy. I had been expecting to be standing on the prom with 20 minutes played, humming 'Bring your daughter to the slaughter' whilst quaffing my pint and contemplating a 50 point win margin. Now I'm wondering how tight this is gonna be.
I hate Teachers...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.