Ulster v Cardiff & yes it's on TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Cardiff & yes it's on TV

Post by big mervyn »

Looking increasingly like 5th in the League (and bottom of our ERC group).

I think that would be the worst season since 2009/10 when we finished 8th, albeit 2nd (and effectively 12th seed) in the Heineken group.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'd expected a slaughter of the innocent................. right up until the team was announced.

Lucky to get the draw, that is unquestionable, however, I truly think the league suffers greatly from a combination of poor officials and the equally distressing notion that we have biased officials.

However, dubious though I though the baldy ginger was on several calls, what can't be explained away is that one assistant was Irish, the other a Scot, yet we were treated to the sight of a Cadiff forward picking Jackson up off the ball, hold him vertically head down for several seconds right in front of one of the touchies. Not a hint that he was seeing anything untoward.

We are in big need of having neutral teams of officials, it matters not if they are gash in the first instance, the most important thing is that they are neutral, because I am sure I'm not alone in believing the ref did not show himself to be impartial. That is bad for the league and it's been there for far too long.

Apologists of the current system who say week in and week out that "the ref did not lose us that match", and I've said it myself, are missing the point that a few one-sided decisions in a tight game can indeed lose you the match. The credibility of the league is damaged by this.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Timoney make much of an impression on anyone?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

therealspratt wrote:Timoney make much of an impression on anyone?
I was beyond giving fecks by the time he came on
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Looking increasingly like 5th in the League (and bottom of our ERC group).

I think that would be the worst season since 2009/10 when we finished 8th, albeit 2nd (and effectively 12th seed) in the Heineken group.
Tis where we belong though Mervyn with our actual performance
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

ColinM wrote:Passive is about the best description at the minute. I'm becoming more bemused with Leslie by the week. Wonder if Jonno has his eye on the big gig here in a years time?
How long is Kiss' contract? 3 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

That is really part of the point I'm making the fact is that last night a the only team ( country ) that would benefit best from a unimpartial ( recognise the opposite is partial but that word over emphasises the manner of refereeing ) would be Cardiff and the Welsh .

Because the fact is Ulster now face ,and even if they had won with a try bonus , would have faced the top 3 teams in the pro 12 needing at least one win .

Scarlets,now have to be their own worst enemies not to make the play offs and Cardiff are closer to ECR.

I have never stated the ref decided the result just made it harder for for Ulster to win against a team that needed very little assistance .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Rooster wrote:
therealspratt wrote:Timoney make much of an impression on anyone?
I was beyond giving fecks by the time he came on
Big lump of a lad therefore looks the part.

Didn't get enough time on the park to make an impression.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

DHK wrote:
ColinM wrote:Passive is about the best description at the minute. I'm becoming more bemused with Leslie by the week. Wonder if Jonno has his eye on the big gig here in a years time?

Kiss is not the problem IMHO. The toxic environment at training is.
How is a team supposed to perform when the coaches hate each other and bicker like two weans? So much so that Joe Barakat couldn't stand the atmosphere and bailed early.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Team Ulster is alleged to have missed 36 tackles. That is disgraceful.

I heard a rumour that Kiss had given Luke a bollocking a few weeks back as he had been shyte since after the Clermont home game. I wonder why he keeps selecting him for I'm utterly fuc'ked if I can see any improvement.

Cave must have shat in Kiss's soup, I think recently he has had one start and that at 12, quite bizarre for your best defensive centre and a player with an excellent ratio of games per try.

I have been puzzled by selections far too often this season.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

Snipe Watson wrote:
DHK wrote:

How is a team supposed to perform when the coaches hate each other and bicker like two weans? So much so that Joe Barakat couldn't stand the atmosphere and bailed early.
Didn't realise that's part of the reason Barakat left. Still, LK needs to take responsibility for what's happening too.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
DHK wrote:

If that's the case and Les, as director of rugby, doesn't step in and tell them to stay away from training, then he is weak and very much part of the problem. The same way that Les has tolerated the defence all season, he is culpable as director of rugby.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Though Cardiff can play well enough now and again, they are basically a pretty duff team lying near the arrse end of the league table.
They also lost about four starters to injury last night.
This is the kind of team that Ulster should be putting away at Ravenhill at a canter.
Ulster were again pathetically bad at all aspects of playing the game.
Apart from lacking skills and physically, the team increasingly seems to lack grit, comittment, dog, character, pride.
The wonder is how we ever managed to sneak into fourth spot in the league.
If we should happen to fluke a place in the playoffs, we'll be moidered!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Maybe Ulster wanted the season to end a week earlier?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Got to feel a lot of sympathy for Rory, he read the riot act to the players on a number of occasions only to be let down again, any wonder he didn't want the captaincy & yet he's our only leader.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.