Jono Gibbes - New Head Coach

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Jono Gibbes - New Head Coach

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ColinM wrote:BOD could never be arissed to play at Ravers once a year never mind coach here. Could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times he came here to play.

Have considered the Pienaar/Muller chat as mere fancy, but now coming round to the thought of Pienaar signing on as a player/coach. What better way to secure the services of the man and really develop Cooney into an asset for Ireland. I'm sure D4 could live with Pienaar playing a limted number of games/minutes whilst assisting with the coaching - emphasising on kicking and halfback development.
That I'd say is most people's hope, but I have to say that if it did not include playing, then unlike Snipe I'd like to see him here but I'm far from convinced that we can afford to move from shyte coaching to untested coaching, no matter how much I'd love him to stick around.

With no contract announced elsewhere for Ruan, I'm making the rounds of Synagogues, Chapels, Wee Gospel Halls, Pradasint Churches and Mosques lighting every feckin' candle I can find to hope that it retains his playing services. Playing feckin' havoc with my meagre stipend I can tell you, it's like a reverse RHI scheme, dem god botherers give you nathin' for free, the road to heaven is clearly paved with spaces to place you £50 note.

I'm not hopeful, just living on a prayer, despite my inner certainty that such things are bullshite.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Baggy.. I rarely read before I write and sometimes the safest way to get by on here.. Except of course for your wine fuelled rants one of which I hear got to the ear of the CiC. >EW
Well Cockers me ould china, I hope he enjoyed it. :lol:

By the way, I assure you my stone cold sober & angry rants are my best work, I find drink for me makes me all calm and considered .......... if not quite considerate. Clear cold sobriety gets it said. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:Baggy.. I rarely read before I write and sometimes the safest way to get by on here.. Except of course for your wine fuelled rants one of which I hear got to the ear of the CiC. >EW
I don't even read my own posts Image Image
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Anyone think that Stringer would make a good backs coach or that BOD is wasted and would have made a great coach..
Irrespective, what would make anyone think BOD would be interested in coming to Ulster (if that was your intended suggestion)?

Notable that straight after the Ireland match yesterday the only criticism he could find of the Irish performance was to have a go at Paddy Jackson for kicking too much possession away - a criticism immediately dismissed by Joe (either intentionally or indirectly) when his first comment was on how well Paddy had controlled the game.

Come to think of it, Drico might want to come here just to sabotage us Nordies even further. :roll:
That criticism by BOD was very obvious and unnecessary imo to single PJ out as the one kicking away too much possession. I feel bad that I dislike the guy so much for all the memories of some fantastic performances for Ireland and lions, but he takes smug to a whole new level.

On topic, any assistant coach from a top Top 14 side would be a good signing for Ulster, more like that needed.
I am freed to hate him for his Lions performances other than when he was crap, for I loathe the Lions and always cheer against them.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Btw.. Does anyone remember when Gibbes did a Rush on the Ospreys?

Anyhow aside the windup I think he is a serious upgrade on what we currently have although it is important to get the next coaching appointment right and that they gel as a team..

Had read the story originally on Belfast Live that he was rumoured to be the front runner and was worried it was just that a rumour.. With two others having seemingly said no I was worried the news article was getting it out there that he was the front runner to hide others saying no..

Or maybe it's the wrong brother? We have history of that don't we ..
Last edited by Cockatrice on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
I reread mine, it's my dyslexia, I try to correct before publication, saves too much embarrassment.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:
Ach don't be so hard on yersel, Dave :thumleft:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:The thread starts off with an exciting potential coach rumour and turns to discussing what a banker BOD is. Plz why?
If you actually read the thread, :duck: you'll see why. Someone suggested BOD might be a good coach too.

Sorry - couldn't resist.

The real reason is that it' simply part of the natural progression of the thread before its culmination under Godwin's Law. >EW
I did read it. That is how I knew what was being discussed.
Snipe, catch yerself on, Dave may be a naughty boy but Hitler he ain't, not even Donald Trump. :lol:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I did nazi that coming.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

EOS the new backs coach?
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:
Yes Dave, don't feel bad about it, no one else reads them either :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
scrum5 wrote:The Tragedy is that we're more likely to end up with Barry..... :duck:
We are only just staying alive in the race for sixth place.
A chance next week and indeed the following three matches to put a lot of distance between us and Weegies. They are now 3 ahead of us so assuming we can flog their thirds next week then win the game in hand we can put cool blue water between them and us. It's worth pointing out they still have away games to us, Ospreys, Munster & Mexico.

First three places sown up, Glasgow up against it and Scaaaaaaaaalets and us to scrap for 4th place. Scaaaaaaalets have to go to the other 3 Irish provinces plus derbies away to Dragons & home to Ospreys. We've three tough ones to come at the end but bejaysus there is still light at the end of the tunnel. And I'd prefer to go to Toemund or Ospreylia than the fu@king RDS. Leinster certain champions.

Anyway ..............Jono Gibbes you say?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:
Yes Dave, don't feel bad about it, no one else reads them either :lol:
Have to say I usually enjoy Dave's posts immensely. Houl' on, I'm (a) Dave ..................narcissistic or what?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I stopped reading after somebody mentioned that James Hunt BOD.

What a Bellend!
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Culminate, Culminate!

Schicklgruber for backs coach?
Would he be any good at the blitz defence? :D
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.