Is this why.........

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: Is this why.........

Post by Deraless »

Surely most coaching focuses on the process rather than the outcome? Individual roles and responsibilities. Though would it surprise me that our level of coaching is akin to "go out and win"? Probably not.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Tighter End wrote:No two players are the same and so what works for one, may not work for t'other. I'm no expert and it's something I'd love to know more about but imo even good coaches need the stars in alignment to achieve results, or shed loads of wonga to buy loads of great players.
Very few manage greatness with journeymen teams, but Bobby Robson did it at Ipswich and Ranieri did it with Leicester.
We have some world class players, hampered by shyte coaches and a DOR who's beginning to sound ridiculous.

We also have 5/6 players in our pack who appear to be well short of SDC class right now, let alone world class.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Last year Connacht and Lam pulled everyone's pants down. Shows what can be achieved with an inspiring coach/captain, "team spirit" and a plan all the players buy into. Connacht have good players but not exactly a World XV.

I always wondered if Les was overcomplicating things.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deraless wrote:Last year Connacht and Lam pulled everyone's pants down. Shows what can be achieved with an inspiring coach/captain, "team spirit" and a plan all the players buy into. Connacht have good players but not exactly a World XV.

That Lam seems like a right practical joker.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Dave wrote:
Deraless wrote:Last year Connacht and Lam pulled everyone's pants down. Shows what can be achieved with an inspiring coach/captain, "team spirit" and a plan all the players buy into. Connacht have good players but not exactly a World XV.

That Lam seems like a right practical joker.
Yeah, pulling their pants down is a bit risky in this day and age, you could be up in front of an employment tribunal quicker than p taking a tap and go.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:
Rooster wrote:
ColinM wrote:I can see the application of the theory in something like a rowing race, but a rugby match is broken down into targeted sections. 10 minute periods, 5 minute periods, phases of play etc.

Its also not win/lose, it is TBP, LBP, deny the opposition the LBP so there are other match targets.

The comparison I can draw, is that a team needs effective leadership to ensure the targets are understood and bought into for each period/half/phase of play etc. That is one of Ulster's problems IMO.
They need to teach p the bonus points rules, preferably beat it into his head with baseball bats until he remembers
In fairness......he occasionally gets that right.....bit like a broken clock telling the right time twice a day
Only problem is his clock stopped at 3am so he is never right when awake !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Blow in wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Blow in wrote:
Russ wrote:Horgan spoke about Championship minutes when commentating on a recent Ulster game

He said this is one of Joes key messages

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yup heard that too, Shaggy does quite well as a pundit.
When he isn't fellating the Leinster players, sure.
Thats just a bonus :shock:
So that's why he sounds like a cat gargling with jizz.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Off topic. I can't wait to see how Lam does at his next club.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Baggy re Rule 8... do all our lot qualify as sentient? I'm not naming names, but >inquisitor
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tighter End wrote:Baggy re Rule 8... do all our lot qualify as sentient? I'm not naming names, but >inquisitor
According to Hoyle, yes Tender they qualify as sentient but I understand your issue. I suspect the world's finest bump readers would have a field day with the contents of p's cerebral cortex.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

There isn't a synapse in there that you couldn't reverse park an R series Scania into.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Fit is fit and seldom runs out of gas the problem is concentration both individually and collectively lose that for a second and at the level these guys are at the opposition will exploit the gap
Or lapse .
You can't let a dropped pass knock on or the guy trying to get in your face get to you .

The old 5 metre injury to get the sh-t together stunt a mental recharge moment .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:Fit is fit and seldom runs out of gas the problem is concentration both individually and collectively lose that for a second and at the level these guys are at the opposition will exploit the gap
Or lapse .
You can't let a dropped pass knock on or the guy trying to get in your face get to you .

The old 5 metre injury to get the sh-t together stunt a mental recharge moment .

Yes Rum. Blaming Logan for the on field malaise is a monumental distraction. He's responsible for being an idiot, for being full of mad dog's crap, For lying to a supporters meeting. He may be responsible for other things too that I have no first hand knowledge of. But the crap on the pitch is the fault of the players and coaches, not the jumped up clown of a branch manager.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I never knew fit was spelt with a silent sh -- until I discovered this board .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist