Change?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Re: Change?

Post by jackthelad »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:With regards to the academy and players coming through, one of the biggest changes has to be how talent is identified. I know of 2 former Irish Schools coaches whose sons got capped by Irish Schools, when there was much better talent available in Ulster, let alone the rest of the country (indeed, one wasn't even the best backrow in his own school). We need professionals outside the school system to be identifying the talent in both clubs and schools rather than school coaches with their own agendas. I know there are a few guys now employed by Ulster to do this but probably still needs to be more investment in this.
What? No way, James Topping and Bryan Young of Ballymena coaching Ulster Schools have only named 8 Ballymena Academy players in the most recent Schools team, blows your theory out of the window really...... :duck:
Yes. This stuff never happens. Recently, a CLUB underage team beat D.....e by 50+ points in a semi final. They then beat B.......e by 50+ points in the final. When the relevant underage team was selected it was by the Ulster appointed coaches who happened to be from the 2 defeated teams. All the players selected - bar 1 - were from the defeated teams. Nothing to see here. Fairness and even-handedness all round. The unselected victorious players were all really keen to keep playing due to seeing such good practice - not.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Change?

Post by Russ »

jackthelad wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:With regards to the academy and players coming through, one of the biggest changes has to be how talent is identified. I know of 2 former Irish Schools coaches whose sons got capped by Irish Schools, when there was much better talent available in Ulster, let alone the rest of the country (indeed, one wasn't even the best backrow in his own school). We need professionals outside the school system to be identifying the talent in both clubs and schools rather than school coaches with their own agendas. I know there are a few guys now employed by Ulster to do this but probably still needs to be more investment in this.
What? No way, James Topping and Bryan Young of Ballymena coaching Ulster Schools have only named 8 Ballymena Academy players in the most recent Schools team, blows your theory out of the window really...... :duck:
Yes. This stuff never happens. Recently, a CLUB underage team beat D.....e by 50+ points in a semi final. They then beat B.......e by 50+ points in the final. When the relevant underage team was selected it was by the Ulster appointed coaches who happened to be from the 2 defeated teams. All the players selected - bar 1 - were from the defeated teams. Nothing to see here. Fairness and even-handedness all round. The unselected victorious players were all really keen to keep playing due to seeing such good practice - not.
Bloody Banbridge and Dromore

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk