Bordeaux Home - Live

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: Bordeaux Home - Live

Post by Spiffsson »

rumncoke wrote:Shan

The problem with the Ulster backline is they lack real pace on the wings and have been swopped about so much all year in the midfield but when they click they'd leave Munster flat .

The Trimble is fine for 60 metres but most wings would beat him over the first 10 but defensively he is twice the player of both Earls and Zebo .

Bowe has never really shown anything since his injury .

Farrell could have been present to watch Henderson and McCloskey rather than Bowe and Trimble .

With Payne injured the and Henshaw the only centre guaranteed selection at either 12 or 13 the problem is to identify the strongest defensive pairing in the centre ,and a centre to create second phase .

The Irish second row currently is Toner + 2 from 4 which in my book would Ryan and Henderson .

And it was noticeable that Henderson while starting at 6 moved to second row yesterday .

I'd say at the moment Ringrose must be nailed on too. His form in both attack and defence has been great. He has laid to rest the old notion that he cannot tackle and is as tough and physical as any other centre, though he is not massive. In addition he has shown he can play 13 or 12 at international level. He has the X factor. Ireland must build the midfield around the Henshaw/Ringrose combo, which has tremendous poytential. I'd play him ahead of Payne anytime. If he has a good 6N he's bolter for the Lions.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

rumncoke wrote:Dereless

Are you on the planet brainless Ireland considerations had no
Part in that game ?

And at the moment has better chance of farting Dixie than playing for Ireland at the moment he isn't in the top six and Trimble may not be in the top 4

Only problem the best wings in Ireland at the moment have insufficient experience to play a6 nations at this time

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Can't resist rum, apologies and all that x

But apparently Tommy and AAT are both in the Ireland squad. Not saying they should be there but it would appear they may have been given a wee run out on Saturday for that reason.

It was a dead rubber. Farrell turned up. A non-injured Louis wasn't picked.

I shall retreat to Planet Brainless once more.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

What in the name of everything that is holy is Tommy Bowe doing in the Ireland squad?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Holding tackle bags for Conway....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Snipe Watson wrote:What in the name of everything that is holy is Tommy Bowe doing in the Ireland squad?
I think it's going along the lines of: "form is temporary, class is permanent"
Sure, it's happened for a good few years now; Ireland teams are not picked with form players in mind, unless you've two experienced internationals and a choice between two needs to be made.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:What in the name of everything that is holy is Tommy Bowe doing in the Ireland squad?
They should pick the two young Mexicans and Keet'n'Conway & forget the rest, send them back to their pravinces.

Wait ................maybe they'd houl'ontil Tommy for a while >EW

I am reliably informed that Charles could not be accommodated on the wing & Louis wasn't able to make the squad because Campshit wanted all of Bowe Gilroy and Trimble play before Ireland duty. How Darren got a game I'll never know, why was Irish Luke not foisted upon Kiss with Olding on the bench in two moonboots. :banghead:

Then folk blame Kiss when he can't play who he wants in an SDC game with us badly needing a win. :duh: :duh: :duh:

Would some of yis FFFS cop on and realise that we are at the bottom of the D4 foodchain, no indignity to great to heap upon the Nordiebastards.

Incidentally thank Christ we'll have Cave during the 6Ns, unless he needs a weekend away of course. Of all the supposed good players in the Ulster backline, he is the only one other than Charless with a hint of imagination. The commentators needed a slap criticising him flipping the ball on, only a grim bounce stopped a certain try and if he caught the ball it was a man & ball thumping, imagination eh? Not many have it. Then of course his try, brains, know how, call it what you like, tell me how many of our players would have scored it and how many would have messed it up?

Some utter arsefoon with a degree in Arsefoonary from the Belfast School of ArseStudies posted on Saturday night how poor Cave was. That'll have been because he saw 2 dropped passes, one he should have caught the other a poor pass, but since the Arsewipe hasn't two brain cells to collide one with t'other, "poor game".

Give me strength to withstand the stupidity of chubes.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Is Tommy on a central contract?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

The Irish Squad Announced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Russ wrote:Is Tommy on a central contract?

Yes, which is why he's been called up.

There's another season after this to go on it too Image.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Still hopeful Tommy might play himself into a bit of form, Jo must agree
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ColinM wrote:Still hopeful Tommy might play himself into a bit of form, Jo must agree
Fu@k Jo, he's one of several reasons we lost on Saturday, Piutau on one wing & Louis at 15, couldda shouldda mighta been a different story.

Sad to see Tommy looking more like poor ould Roger than Tommy Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowe.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Wee Woman wrote:

For me this is part of the problem with a central contract attached to a player who for me is no longer first choice for his province never mind country and who with his recent injury a player who is effectively passed it..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:

For me this is part of the problem with a central contract attached to a player who for me is no longer first choice for his province never mind country and who with his recent injury a player who is effectively passed it..
Fecking deloitte

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
ColinM wrote:Still hopeful Tommy might play himself into a bit of form, Jo must agree
Fu@k Jo, he's one of several reasons we lost on Saturday, Piutau on one wing & Louis at 15, couldda shouldda mighta been a different story.

Sad to see Tommy looking more like poor ould Roger than Tommy Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowe.
Tommy's legs will no longer bring him the places his brain wants to go. He tried to light the afterburners on Saturday and nearly followed through. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. He's had an illustrious career and I can fully appreciate how he could be struggling to find the drive to stay at the top. 32 isn't old, but he has a lot of miles on the clock.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The chosen 8 will at least get some decent coaching.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?